ISAT 2014 is to be conducted by the Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) for admissions in the three B.Tech programs namely Aerospace Engineering, Avionics, and Physical Sciences. ISAT 2014 online application registration will commence on 8 June 2014, 10am. IIST will publish 2014 B.Tech Admission rank list and the date/venues for counselling in the IIST official website on 11 July 2014.
Out of the total of 156 seats, B.Tech. in Aerospace Engineering has 60 seats; B.Tech. in Avionics has 60 seats; and B.Tech. in Physical Sciences has 36 seats. According to the reservation policy of Government of India, the Scheduled Castes (SC) category has 15% seat reservation, Scheduled Tribes (ST) has 7.5%, and the Other Backward Classes (OBC) belonging to Non-Creamy Layer (NCL) has 27%, Persons with Disabilities (PD) has 3% seat reservation.
ISAT 2014 interested and eligible candidates should register their application only through online portal admission 2014. After registration, download or print the challan to remit the registration fee as given below:
- Male candidates in GEN and OBC: Rs. 600
- Female candidates in GEN and OBC: Rs. 300
- All SC, ST, PD candidates: Rs.300
ISAT 2014 application registration fee can be made in any one of the branches of State Bank of India (SBI) or Union Bank of India (UBI). NRI/Candidates residing abroad can remit the Registration fee through Demand Draft (DD) issued by any bank outside India. Candidates must note that there is no provision for application registration fee refund in ISAT 2014 Exam.
ISAT 2014 Eligibility Criteria
- Only Indian citizens are eligible
- General category (GEN) and Other Backward Classes (OBC) category candidates must have born on or after 1 October 1989
- Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Persons with Disabilities (PD) candidates must have born on or after 1 October 1984
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 or Equivalent
- Candidates must have passed their Qualifying Examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as subjects of the curriculum
- Candidates of the General OBC categories must secure an aggregate of at least 70% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) in the qualifying examination; and SC/ST/PD candidates are eligible with an aggregate of at least 60% marks in PCM subjects in the qualifying examination
- General category candidates must score at least 20% marks in aggregate and at least 5% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics Chemistry and Mathematics) in the JEE Main exam
- Non Creamy Layer OBC (NCL) candidates must at least score 18% marks in aggregate and at least 4.5% marks in each of PCM subjects in JEE Main exam
- SC, ST & PD candidates must score at least 10% marks in aggregate and at least 2.5% marks in each of PCM in JEE main exam
For all candidates residing in India/Taking Exam from India:
- Online Registration of Application opening: 8 June 2014 (10am)
- Online Registration of Application closing: 7 July 2014 (11pm)
- Last Date for Remitting Registration fee in Bank: 8 July 2014
- Last Date for entering payment details in the online application portal: 8 July 2014
- Last Date of uploading the scanned image of the Institute copy of Challan: 8 July 2014
For NRI Candidates:
- Last Date for uploading the scanned image of the Demand Draft: 8 July 2014
- Last Date of receipt of Demand Draft at IIST by POST: 10 July 2014
- Publication of IIST Admission Rank list: 11 July 2014
- Note: The dates may however change, subject to the actual date of publishing of All India Rank List (AIR) of JEE Main 2014. If there is any change of date, it will be published at HERE.
ISAT 2014 Exam candidates will avail financial assistant by the Department of Space (DOS, Govt. of India), IIST. Tuition Fee, Students Amenity Fee, Hostel charges including dining, Establishment charges and Medical cover etc. are covered in the financial assistance program. Moreover, every semester, Book Allowance of Rs. 3000 is provided to each student.
Other Useful Links:
Discuss Your Doubts