Kerala CEE 2014 Entrance Exam will be held on 21 & 22 April 2014 by commissioner of entrance exam of KEAM, for admission in engineering courses in government funded, self financed and government aided institutions in the state of Kerala. Through KEAM 2014 Exam, candidates will be selected for allotment of seats for session 2014-15. Online registration for the same will start from 10 January 2014 on the official portal.
Candidates would be admitted on the merit basis as calculated from marks in KEAM 2014 Exam. It will be calculated by giving equal weightage of 50:50 to the marks obtained in KEAM 2014 Entrance Exam and class XII. The following article mentions complete information on Kerala CEE 2014 Exam, Application, Eligibility, Schedule.
Seat Management Under Institutions
The seats to be allotted will be classified into two types: Government Seats and Management Seats. Government seats would be allotted by the Commissioner of Entrance Examinations which would be available in all the government and government aided colleges.
Government seat availability in private institutions under government control and other self-financing institutions will be notified separately on the official website for candidates to view. The seats under management quota will be of concern to the college management.
KEAM 2014 Overview
- Exam Name: Kerala Common Entrance Examination (KCEE) 2014
- Commonly called as: KEAM 2014
- Exam type: State Level
- Exam category: Undergrad
- Conducting Institute: Commissioner of Entrance Examinations, Kerala Government
- Exam date : 21 and 22 April 2014
KEAM 2014 Rank List - Click Here
KEAM 2014 Selection Process
Candidates would be selected on the basis of the Kerala CEE 2014 merit marks obtained in paper 1 and 2. Also marks obtained in Class XII or equivalent in Maths, Physics and Chemistry would be considered in the ratio 50:50 with the former.
KEAM 2014 Exam Pattern
- Candidates have to solve questions from physics, chemistry and math.
- Paper 1 is physics and chemistry and paper 2 is mathematics.
- Duration of the each paper is 150 minutes.
- Total number of questions is 120.
- Total number of marks is 480.
Kerala CEE 2014 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility Criteria contains of various conditions that decide the eligibility of a candidate to get admission. In order to appear for the KEAM 2014 entrance exam, these conditions have to be fully satisfied in order to be eligible for the exam and admission process. Eligibility Criteria has the following clauses:
Candidate must be an Indian Citizen or Person of Indian Origin (POI) or Overseas Citizen of India (OCI). Candidates would be classified as Keralite, Non-Keralite (Category I) and Non-Keralite (Category II).
Keralite: Denotes the candidate of Kerala origin. Wards of All India Service Officers (AIS) (Non- Keralites) belonging to Kerala Cadre will be termed as “Deemed Keralites”. Candidates shall not be eligible for Special reservation, physical disability, community reservation as per Kerala CEE 2014 Eligibility Criteria.
Non-Keralite (Category I) [NK I]: Candidate not native to Kerala, but have passed qualifying exam from Kerala and who is ward of the following categories:
- Defense Personnel and Indian government Employees who are posted to Kerala.
- Kerala government employees who have served or are serving in Kerala subject to the condition that this service period is at least of two years.
Non-Keralite (Category II) [NK II]: All the candidates who don’t fall in any of the above mentioned category are listed in it. Such candidates will be eligible under Management Quota only on government seats in Private Colleges and Government Controlled Self Financing Colleges according to Kerala CEE 2014 Eligibility Criteria.
- Minimum 50% marks in Mathematics separately and 50% marks in Physics, Mathematics and Computer Science or Chemistry in Kerala HSC.
- Diploma of minimum three years duration with minimum 50% marks.
Candidate must be of 17 years till December 2014
KEAM 2014 Seat Reservation
- For Nominees: Such candidates need not appear for the Entrance Exam. It includes candidates who are nominees of Govt.of India, U.T. and other States.
- For Persons with Disabilities: 3% Seat reservation in Government and Government aided institutions
- Special Reservation: Reservation for certain categories for different courses.
- Mandatory Reservation: Apart from all the above mentioned categories, there shall be reservation of seats as per the mandatory reservation principle.
- Defense quota: Includes ex-servicemen, dependents of defense personnel, missing, disable, killed in action, serving defense personnel and CRPF category.
Socially and Educationally Backward Classes
Other backward Hindu
Other backward Christian
Kerala CEE 2014 Application Form
KEAM 2014 Online Application Form will be released on 11 Jan 2014. Online Application Form filling process is given as follows:
- Logon to the official website: www.cee.kerala.gov.in.
- Fill the online form with correct and complete details. Multiple entries are not allowed.
- Fill the category accordingly. Candidates except SC, ST will be classified as “general”.
- Form fee for general is Rs.800 and Rs.400 for ST, SC.
Candidates belonging to ST category with annual family income less than Rs.40000 will be exempted from the Kerala CEE 2014 Application Form fee if they provide category and income certificate.
Candidates opting Dubai as exam center have to remit draft worth Rs.12,000 additionally from any nationalized bank branch, payable at Thiruvananthapuram in favor of “commissioner of entrance exam”. Such candidates have to provide a local telephone number as well in the form. The online form can be filled till 4 Feb 2014.
Payment Modes of Application Form
- Candidates can buy the form, security card and prospectus from notified post offices in Kerala and outside as well for the above mentioned fee.
- Security card will have a unique serial number and key number which is required while making payment. Candidate have to scratch the silver panel to obtain the latter.
- Kerala CEE 2014 Application Form fee can be paid through draft of any nationalized bank drawn in favor of “Commissioner for Entrance Examinations”, to be redeemed at Thiruvananthapuram.
- Candidates must keep Key Number confidential and safe till the admission process is over.
- No refunds of any sort will be made at any stage.
KEAM 2014 Application Form Online Submission Process
Candidates must complete the compulsory 5 Stages to fill the form. They must take a print out of completely filled Form and send it to the office of Kerala CEE 2014 with the required documents till 5 February 2014. These stages are explained here:
- Visit the official website: www.cee.kerala.gov.in and browse on the link “KEAM 2014 Online Application”.
- Candidate would be given a system generated application number. Enter the password when asked and provide answers to the security questions. Preserve details for future login.
- Login in the account with password and Application Number.
- Fill the form with correct and complete details.
- Verify the details before final submission. No change is allowed in the later stages.
- Provide payment details.
- Generate printout of the form and get the nativity and course certificate.
- Put appropriate signatures and photos where asked and send the form to “Commissioner of Entrance Examinations” with documents affixed.
- Form must be sent through Hand Delivery, Speed Post or Registered Post at the following address: Office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, 5th Floor, Housing Board Buildings, Santhi Nagar, Thiruvananthapuram – 695001.
Kerala CEE 2014 Result
Kerala CEE 2014 Result of entrance exam is now declared on 15 May 2014 on the official website. An answer key shall be released simultaneously on the official site as well as leading newspapers. Candidates can check the answers from the key and detect any sort of discrepancy in the Kerala CEE 2014 Result.
They can contact the commissioner for getting it corrected. For this, they have to send supporting documents along with a fee as mentioned in the prospectus.
Kerala CEE 2014 Counselling
- Candidates have to mark options of colleges and courses in KEAM 2014 Counselling.
- Counselling will be held from 16-23 June 2014.
- Thereafter allotment would be carried.
- To make options, login into account and prioritize colleges in decreasing order.
- On allotment, pay the semester fees and report to the college within schedule.
KEAM 2014 Schedule
- Prospectus sale begins – 10 January 2014
- Online Applications – 11 January 2014
- Last date for receipt of application – 5 February 2014
- KEAM 2014 Exam Date:
Paper 1 (Physics & Chemistry) – 21 April 2014 from 10 am to 12.30 pm
Paper 2 (Mathematics) – 22 April 2014 from 10 am to 12.30 pm
- Result – 15 May 2014
- Counselling from 16-23 June 2014 (option entry through CAP)
KEAM 2014 Contact Information
Office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, 5th Floor, Housing Board Buildings, Santhi Nagar, Thiruvananthapuram – 695001
Phone: 0471- 2332120, 2338487
Other Useful Links:
Discuss Your Doubts