some of the seats under KCET 2014 will be reserved for the applicants belonging to various reservation quotas and government regulations. The categories that shall come under the KCET 2014 Reservation of Seats will be Defense Special Category, Special Category, Physically Disabled Special Category ,Sports Special Category, Scouts and Guides Special Category , Anglo-Indian Special Category and CAPF category.
Other Categories under KCET 2014 Reservation of Seats are Scheduled Tribe, Scheduled Caste and Other Backward Classes. There will be reservation for the Rural Applicants, Kannada Medium Applicants and Jammu & Kashmir Migrants.
The details of KCET 2014 Reservation of Seats for all the above categories are as under:
- NCC Special Category as per KCET 2014 Reservation of Seats:
- Applicants who have ‘B’ Certificate for 5-year study period in Karnataka and who took part in the Republic Day Camp organized by Director General of National Cadet Corps, Delhi from Karnataka; or
- Applicants who have ‘B’ Certificate for 5-year study period in Karnataka i.e. 8th to 12th and who participated in the following camps organized by Director General of NCC, New Delhi from Karnataka:
- All India Thal Sainik Camp (Boys) – TSC
- All India Thal Sainik Camp (Girls) - TSC (G)
- All India Nau Sainik Camp – NSC
- All India Vayu Sainik Camp – VSC
- Cadets who have been finally chosen as a part of DG NCC team to participate in All India Movalankar Shooting Championship at National Level AND Youth Exchange Programmes and Foreign Naval Cruise organised by DG, NCC.
- Cadets participate in All India Movalankar Shooting Championship as a part of KAR and GOA Director Team. AND in complete - Mountaineering Expeditions (over 5900 Meters), Sailing Expeditions, Motor Cycle Expeditions (more than 3500 KMs) and Cycling Expeditions (more than 1500 KMs) organized by DG, NCC / NCC Director of Karnataka & Goa.
- Army, Navy, Air Force &
- Hospital Attachments.
- Applicants can refer to the brochure for the details of preferences in NCC Reservation as per KCET 2014 Reservation of Seats.
- Sports Special Category:
- Applicants who have won cups/medals at national level in Super-A Games given in the brochure and have completed their 5 yrs of education from Karnataka.
- Applicants who have won cups/medals at national level in A-Games given in the brochure and have completed their 5 yrs of education from Karnataka will get reservation under sports special category as per KCET 2014 Reservation of Seats.
- Applicants who have won cups/medals while representing Karnataka and participated in Super-A and A-Games while studying in Karnataka in 8th to 12th Standards.
- Applicants who have represented Karnataka in B-Games and won any cups/medals during the period of study in Karnataka between 8th and 12th Standards.
- Applicants who have represented Karnataka in any B-Games during the period of 8th to 12th in Karnataka.
- Applicants can study the KCET 2014 Brochure for the preference order as per KCET 2014 Reservation of Seats.
- Scouts and Guides Special Category:
- Applicants receiving “President’s Award” as Scouts/Guides from 8th to 12th Standards.
- Defense Special Category:
- 10% of seats reserved for defense personnel shall be reserved horizontally for wards of defense personnel belonging to Karnataka.
- Applicants should refer to the Information Brochure to know the details of Defense personnel and Ex-Defense Special Category KCET 2014 Reservation of Seats.
- Physically Disabled Category: applicants claiming KCET 2014 Reservation of Seats under this category will have to produce certificates and have to appear before the Committee for Medical Examination.
- Anglo-Indian Special Category: such applicants will have to submit a certificate issued by Registered Association of Anglo-Indian Community in Karnataka countersigned by Anglo-Indian M.L.A. who is Government Nominated.
- CAPF Category:
- Applicants belonging to OBC/SC/ST will have to submit the certificates showing that applicant belongs to these categories to claim seats under KCET 2014 Reservation of Seats.
- Rural Applicants will have a horizontal reservation of 15% if they have studied for full 10yrs in Karnataka. These educational institutions should not be situated in smaller urban area, large urban area or transitional area as per KCET 2014 Reservation of Seats criteria.
- Kannada Medium Applicants who have completed 10 yrs of education in Kannada from 1st to 10th standard will have a reservation of 5% Govt. Seats.
For more information on KCET 2014 Reservation of Seats, applicants can study information brochure or visit official website.
Other Useful Links:
Discuss Your Doubts