MP PET 2014 is now replaced by JEE Main 2014 for all the engineering undergraduate admission into the state of Madhya Pradesh for session 2014-15. All the candidates who want to enroll into B.E./B.Tech courses can apply for MP PET 2014 after attempting JEE Main 2014. Even though MP PET 2014 is scrapped, counselling in the state would be held under state’s own counselling committee.
The selection of candidates for counselling and admission procedure will be done on the basis of JEE Main 2014 score this time. Therefore aggregate of candidates in class XII and JEE Main score will be now taken basis for admission. The following article mentions complete information on MP PET 2014.
MP PET 2014 Overview
- Name of the exam - MP PET 2014
- Commonly known as – MP PET
- Exam type – State level counselling via JEE Main 2014 AIR
- Exam category - Undergrad
- Conducting Institute - Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board will conduct the Counselling for the Engineering admissions based on JEE Main 2014 AIR.
MP PET 2014 Eligibility Criteria
- Satisfy all the terms as mentioned in JEE Main 2014 Eligibility Criteria.
- Candidate must pass class XII from Madhya Pradesh Secondary Board or any equivalent exam from a centrally recognized board.
- He must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Math in the qualifying exam.
- He must have passed the class XII exam with a minimum aggregate of 55% marks.
- Candidate must not exceed the age of 21 years at the time of applying. (relaxation for SC/ST candidates in the age limits)
- He must be of MP domicile.
MP PET 2014 Selection Process
Candidates shall be selected on the basis of JEE Main 2014 AIR coupled with examination score of class XII. Based on these, seats would be awarded to the candidate.
MP PET 2014 Application Form
Candidates can fill the application form for MP PET 2014 by visiting the official website of the exam, i.e., www.mponline.gov.in. Candidates for MP PET 2014 have to fill the application form fee of 500/- for general and OBC category and 250/- for SC/ST and differently able candidates. Some certificates must also be attached with the form before sending it.
MP PET 2014 Counselling
Once all the criteria and factors have been fulfilled by the candidates, then they will be allowed for the counselling round of MP PET 2014. In the counselling round they have to mark the options for the college on the basis of priority as allotment of seat will be dependent on the choices filled by them and their order as well. The counselling schedule must carefully be checked by the candidates before leaving for the counselling venue to avoid confusions and inconvenience.
For applying in MP PET 2014, candidates must be citizen of India and must have passed class XII exam in PCM Stream with atleast 45% marks in general and 40% for reserved category Candidates.
The application form for MP PET 2014 is released around mid week of January every year which can be filled by the Candidates via online or offline mode. For filling the form the candidates must visit the official website or Click Here and fill all the details required and make the payment of fees.
Candidates must fill the form carefully so that all the entries made by them are correct as according to the documents. For any further details regarding MP PET 2014, candidates can click on the link mentioned below:
MP PET 2014 Important dates:
- Online Registration - Round 1: 19 June to 15 July 2014
- Document Verification: 23 June to 15 July 2014
- Choice Filling & Locking: 30 June to 15 July 2014
- Allotment and Reporting: 18 to 21 June 2014
- Round 2 Registration: 22 to 31 July 2014
- Document Verification: 22 to 31 July 2014
- Choice Filling & Locking: 22 to 31 July 2014
- Allotment and Reporting: 2 to 4 August 2014
MP PET 2014 Contact Information
Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board, "Chayan Bhawan", Main Road No.1, Chinar Park (East), Bhopal – 462011
Phone No.: 0755-2578801-04, Fax: 0755-2550498, 0755-2554826
Other Useful Links:
Discuss Your Doubts