VITEEE 2014 Application Form Date Extended to 10 March! To Apply For VITEEE 2014 - Click Here
VIT University will conduct the VITEEE 2014 Entrance Exam from 9 April 2014 to 20 April 2014. The exam would be conducted only in online mode to admit candidates into engineering undergraduate professional degree courses. To apply for the exam, candidates have to fill an application form which can be filled from 4 December 2013 to 10 March 2014. The form can be filled in both, online mode and offline mode.
Only after meeting the eligibility criteria and reading all the terms and conditions, as mentioned in the official brochure, a candidate must proceed to fill the application form and apply for VITEEE 2014 Entrance Exam. The following article comprises of all the information related to exam, exam pattern, eligibility, counselling, result etc.
VITEEE 2014 Entrance Exam Brief Synopsis
Name of the exam: VITEEE 2014
Also known as: VIT Engineering Entrance Examination 2014
Conducting body: Vellore Institute of Technology
Exam category: Undergraduate
Exam mode: Online
VITEEE 2014 Schedule
- Sale of VITEEE 2014 Application Form begins: 4 December 2013
- Receipt of VITEEE 2014 application form ends: 10 March 2014
- Date of Online VITEEE 2014 test: 9 April to 20 April 2014
- Expected date of result: 28 April 2014
Before filling the VITEEE 2014 Application Form, candidates must read the eligibility criteria carefully. Here are the points that define the eligibility of a candidate for VITEEE 2014 Exam.
- Candidate must be born on or after 1 July 1992.
- It is necessary to complete class XII schooling from a recognized education board OR Two year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board OR HSC examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma or Advanced (A) level General Certificate Education (GCE) examination.
- Minimum aggregate score of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, Math or Biology. (50% for SC/ST and candidates from Jammu Kashmir and Northeastern states) in class XII or equivalent exam.
- VITEEE 2014 Entrance Exam will be held over a time duration of 150 minutes OR 2.5 hours.
- No negative marking will be done for wrong answers.
- There shall be 4 sections in total and 160 questions in all the sections put together (160=40x4).
- Candidate will be awarded one mark for every correct answer.
VITEEE 2014 Application Form
The Application Form of VITEEE 2014 can be filled in two modes from 4 December 2013 onwards. The two modes of filling the form are, online and offline. The last date to receive the application form is 10 March 2014.
- Access the official site of VITEEE and click “apply online” link - CLICK HERE
- Enter all the required information precisely.
- Submit the application form and take its printout.
- Deliver the printout of confirmation page to the university.
Fees for applying online is Rs.900 and for applying offline is Rs.950. The fees can be remitted by candidates via the following modes:
- Online: Entering details of credit/debit card and making payment.
- Offline: Demand draft in favor of “VIT University”, payable at Vellore.
Address To Send The Form: Admissions Officer, VIT University, Vellore-632 014, Tamil Nadu, India
Candidates can fill the VITEEE 2014 Application Form in offline mode in three ways:
- Buy the form from VIT University counter.
- Buy the application from designated post office. List of post offices - Click Here
- Sending a request letter to the university, asking for the form.
Through speed post, a candidate would be sent VITEEE 2014 Admit Card after he has successfully completed the application submission process. It is required by candidates to bring the original admit card while coming to the exam venue to write the exam.
In absence of admit card, no candidate would be allowed to enter the exam hall. It is necessary to preserve the admit card in the original shape and condition till the admission process is over, since it could be asked by the candidate to show the VITEEE 2014 Hall Ticket at any point of admission.
VITEEE 2014 Result
The result of VITEEE 2014 could be checked by candidates on the official website by providing roll number and birth date. Additionally, candidates would be informed of the result through SMS text. The result would be issued by VIT University on 28 April 2014.
According to the result, a merit list would be created as well which will enlist candidates selected for counselling and seat allotment. This merit list would be considered while calling candidates for counselling and seat allotment.
Once the VITEEE 2014 Result is declared and AIR (All India Rank) is issued, candidates would be selected for the process of counselling. The order of call would be dependent on the rank range in which their respective rank falls. Candidates must reach the counselling venue in time to avoid skipping the call.
At the counselling venue, it is mandatory to bring the documents and certificates in originals. Vellore and Chennai campus are the venues of VITEEE 2014 Counselling process. Based on the rank of the candidate, seat availability, merit list ranking and categorical reservation, seat allotment shall be made. Candidates must confirm the seat by reporting to the college.
VIT University, Vellore-632 014, Tamil Nadu, India.
Phone: + 91-416-220 2125, 220 2168
Fax: +91-416-224 5544, 224 5766
Other Related Links: