Manipal UGET 2014 Entrance Exam is the engineering entrance exam, conducted by Manipal University to offer admissions to candidates in various engineering undergraduate courses for the session 2014-15. Manipal University is a deemed university, located in Mysore and formerly known as MAHE or Manipal Academy Of Higher Education. The exam will be conducted online from 14 April to 15 May 2014.
Manipal UGET 2014 provides equal opportunity of admission to NRI and foreign candidates as well. Foreign candidates will be selected on the basis of foreign seats particularly reserved for PIO card holders, Non-Resident Indians, Overseas voters for India (OCI) and NRI sponsored candidates.
Foreign candidates need not apply for the Manipal UGET 2014 Exam but they have a choice of applying thru OTBS (Online Test Booking System) and booking their exam schedule. The following article describes all the important aspects related to Manipal UGET 2014 Exam.
Manipal UGET 2014 Quick Facts
- Name of the exam – Manipal UGET 2014
- Also known as – Manipal Undergraduate Entrance Test 2014, MU OET 2014
- Conducting authority – Manipal University
- Exam mode – Online
- Exam type – Undergrad Entrance
- Exam date – 14 Apr to 15 May 2014
Manipal UGET 2014 Eligibility Criteria
- A candidate is necessary to be passed in Class XII or A Level or IB or American 12th grade or equivalent examination with a minimum 50% aggregate in Physics, Mathematics and any one of the optional subjects.
- He must have studied Physics, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects with optional subjects being Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology.
Selection Process for Manipal UGET 2014
Candidates will be selected for admission on the basis of the rank in the all India Manipal University Online Entrance Test (MU OET) 2014.
Manipal UGET 2014 Exam Pattern
- Candidates have to write the exam in 2.5 hours duration.
- Exam would be held online and candidates have to mark answers using mouse.
- There shall be a total of 200 questions in the exam.
- Physics - 50 questions, Chemistry- 50 questions, Mathematics - 70 questions, English & General Aptitude- 30 questions.
Manipal UGET 2014 Application Form
To apply for the admissions, candidate can fill the form either in online mode or offline mode. Description of these modes is given as follows:
ONLINE Application Form Process of Manipal UGET 2014
To get the Manipal UGET 2014 Online Application Form, visit the official website. Candidates have to fill the form using correct and complete information and submit the application fee of Rs.600 and exam fee of Rs.1000. Candidate can make the payment through Demand Draft, Net Banking or Credit Card.
OFFLINE Application Process of Manipal UGET 2014
To get the Manipal UGET 2014 Offline Application Form, download the application form thru the official website. Create the printout and fill it accordingly with correct and complete information. Send the filled Manipal UGET 2014 Application Form to the office of Manipal University, together with a Demand Draft of requisite fee, drawn in favor of “Manipal University” payable at Udupi or Manipal. Demand Draft must include the overall amount of Rs. 1600 including the application Fee and exam fee for Manipal UGET 2014.
Candidates can also obtain the Application Form ofManipal UGET 2014 from certain branches of State Bank of India (SBI) and Syndicate Bank.
Postal Method for Manipal UGET 2014 Application Form
For this method, candidate)s have to send a DD with the request letter for Manipal UGET 2014 Entrance Exam bearing the total amount of both application and entrance exam as mentioned above (Rs.1600). The candidate must also send a self-address enveloped along with their complete and correct address on which they can receive the Manipal UGET Application Form. They can request the Manipal UGET 2014 Application by sending a request letter to the Manipal University at the below mentioned address:
Manipal UGET 2014 Admit Card
Within 1 hour of online registration, admit card will be issued to the candidates. They can download the admit card from the official website itself by entering registration number, application number, OTBS. Admit card must be brought by the candidates at the exam venue on the given schedule since without it, candidates would not be allowed to attempt the exam. Manipal UGET 2014 Hall Ticket is an important identification document and thus, must be preserved till the admission process gets over. Admit card would not be sent through post in any circumstances.
Manipal UGET 2014 Result
The university will issue the result of Manipal UGET 2014 on 23 May 2014. Candidates can check the result on the official website of Manipal University. Once the result is issued, a merit list will be created by the board based on a minimum score benchmark known as cutoff.
Manipal UGET 2014 Counselling
Candidates would be selected for counselling if they are enlisted in the final merit list issued by the board. In Manipal UGET 2014 Counselling, candidates would fill up the choices of colleges and courses according to which seats would be offered to them in the seat allotment round. The process also involves document verification for which candidates would have to bring all the documents, certificates in originals. Candidates have to present physically for the Manipal UGET 2014 Counselling process at the venue. The counselling will be held from 2 to 15 June 2014.
Manipal UGET2014 Wait List
- During Manipal UGET 2014 Counselling, candidate might be waitlisted according to his rank once the seats are filled.
- He may opt for one course and get waitlisted for another.
- Fees must be paid by him at the college he gets allotted.
- On conversion of seat, he has to pay the remaining difference of fees.
- Candidate who opts to be only waitlisted need not to pay any fees until he receives selection notice.
- He must bring all the original documents along with two sets of photocopies need.
- No original document must be brought in laminated state.
Manipal UGET 2014 Exam Centers
Ahmedabad, Jamshedpur, Ajmer, Kanpur, Allahabad, Kolkata, Asansol, Kota, Bangalore, Kozhikode, Belgaum, Lucknow, Bhillai, Ludhiana, Bhopal, Madurai, Bhubaneswar, Mangalore, Chandigarh, Manipal, Chennai, Meerut, Coimbatore, Mumbai, Dehradun, Nagpur, Delhi, Noida, Dubai, Panjim, Ernakulam, Patna, Gangtok, Portblair, Ganjam, Pune, Gulbarga, Ranchi, Gurgaon, Surat, Guwahati, Thiruvananthapuram, Hyderabad, Udaipur, Indore, Varanasi, Jabalpur, Vijayawada, Jaipur, Vizag.
Manipal UGET 2014 Important Dates
- Application Form available from 31 October 2013 to 27 March 2014
- Online Test Booking Schedule – 21 to 28 March 2014
- Test Date – 14 April to 15 May 2014
- Result – 23 May 2014
- Counselling – 2 to 15 June 2014
Manipal UGET 2014Participating Institutes
- Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal
- Manipal University, Jaipur
- Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology
Manipal – 576 104
Phone: 0 9243777700
Other Related Links:
Discuss Your Doubts