JEE Main 2014 Cutoff will be released by CBSE to restrict the number of candidates in the further admission process and to pick the best lot of deserving candidates to be sent for counselling and seat allotment. These best candidates would be therefore given the chance to mark options for colleges and courses as per their desire. Also through JEE Main 2014 Cutoff, candidates would be picked for JEE Advanced 2014, the next tier of JEE. The following article summarizes information on Cutoff Marks of JEE Main 2014.
JEE Main 2014 AIR -Click Here
To Check Your Estimated Rank In JEE Main 2014 - JEE Main 2014 Rank Predictor
Definition of JEE Main 2014 Cutoff
A benchmark of minimum marks would be set by CBSE to pick best lot of candidates. This benchmark is called JEE Main 2014 Cutoff. For being selected for counselling and seat allotment, it is necessary for the candidates to score marks equal to or more than the cutoff. However, mere crossing the cutoff doesn’t guarantee admission.
If a candidate succeeds in scoring marks more than the cutoff, he would be included in the final merit list. This list would comprise of names of candidates who cross the hurdle of JEE Main 2014 Cutoff successfully. The candidates who score marks less than the cutoff will not be considered in the admission process into various IITs and ISM.
How JEE Main 2014 Cutoff Affects Admission
- Candidates would be shortlisted for admission on the basis of their examination score and ranking in JEE Main 2014.
- They must obtain marks more than the JEE Main 2014 Cutoff to become selected in the merit list.
- More marks means higher chances of getting better seat in the desired college.
- On creation of the Merit List of JEE Main 2014, every college decides the opening and closing ranks for admission in their various courses.
- It’s decided according to merit, reservations, candidate intake and admission standards.
- Candidate can apply individually in these colleges for admission.
Release of JEE Main 2014 Cutoff
The cutoff will be released after each subsequent round to offer seats on vacancies. It will be based upon the intake of candidates, their merit score and seat availability. As soon as the JEE Main 2014 Cutofffor each round is released for various colleges and courses, the candidates will be able to see it HERE.
JEE Main 2014 Paper 1 Cutoff Marks - Category-Wise
JEE Main 2014 Category wise Official Cut-off Marks is described here in the table. The following figures are tentative and subject to change.
Common Merit List (CML)
Other Related Links: