To decide the candidate eligibility for JEE Advanced 2013, the Board has released Cut Off scores of JEE Main Exam Takers which are shown in the following table:
Cut Off Marks
Common Merit List (CML)
OBC (Non – Creamy Layer)
The JEE Advanced 2013 Eligibility Criteria will enlist the conditions and clauses that must be satisfied by the candidate in order to be eligible for the exam and subsequent admission process.
The details of the Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
JEE Main 2013:
- The candidate must have qualified the JEE Main 2013 Exam and be in the top 1.5 lakh ranker merit list of IITs.
- According to the JEE Advanced 2013 Eligibility Criteria, the top 1.5 lak candidates will be selected as follows:
- Common Merit List (50.5%) – 75750
- Non – Creamy Layer OBC (27%) – 40500
- Scheduled Tribes (7.5%) – 11250
- Scheduled Castes (15%) – 22500
- As per the provisions of JEE Advanced 2013 Eligibility Criteria each category will have 3% seats for the PD Candidates.
Minimum Marks in Qualifying Exam:
- All the admissions in IITs and ISM Dhanbad will be done on the Merit Basis subject to the condition that the candidate is in the top 20 percentile window of his/her respective board.
- For the students who have passed the Board exam in 2012 in first attempt, the JEE Advanced 2013 Eligibility Criteria for admission in IITs requires the candidates to have a minimum aggregate of 60% (GEN, OBC) and 55%(PD, ST, SC).
- If the board does not provide any information regarding the candidate being in the top 20 percentile window, the candidate has to submit a certificate issued from the board stating that he/she has secured a rank in top 20 percentile candidates to be eligible as per JEE Advanced 2013 Eligibility Criteria.
- If any candidate does not submit this certificate, the CBSE percentile will be used as the standard for calculation.
Number of attempts:
- As per the norms of JEE Advanced 2013 Eligibility Criteria any candidate can take the JEE Advanced test for a maximum number of two times in a row.
- The candidates, who appeared for JEE in 2011 or earlier, are not eligible for JEE Advanced 2013.
Earlier JEE Candidates:
- The candidates already admitted in any one of the IITs and ISM Dhanbad, are not Eligible for exam as per the JEE Advanced 2013 Eligibility Criteria.
- The candidates’ admission is subject to the final verification of the documents and credentials at the time of Counselling. If any kind of discrepancy is detected at any later stage, the candidature of the subject shall be cancelled.
- The decision taken by the Joint Admission Board (JAB) regarding the JEE Advanced 2013 Eligibility Criteria will be final in all cases.
To avail more information about JEE Advanced -Click HereDiscuss Your Doubts