The Goa CET 2013 Result has been declared and can be seen on the following link:
GCET 2013 Mathematics Exam to take place today, 9th May 2013. All candidates are advised to carry their Admit Card along with them. After the Physics and Chemistry Exams held yesterday, today will be the last Exam for aspirants of Engineering courses.
The new notifications for Goa CET 2013 have been released by the Directorate of Technical Education Goa. The Application forms and detailed information brochure have not yet been released and will be made available from 18th of March, 2013.
The Goa Common Entrance Test 2013 (GCET 2013) will be organized by the Directorate of Technical Education, Govt. of Goa for admissions in Undergraduate programmes of Engineering in various colleges under the exam. The candidates can apply for GCET 2013 as soon as the forms are released at various notified places and www.dtegoa.gov.in - the official exam website.
Exam Pattern and Schedule of GCET 2013:
The exam will be conducted at various notified centers as per the following schedule:
Date & Day
10 am to 12 noon
2 pm to 4 pm
10 am to 12 noon
As per the exam regulations, the candidates have to choose the exam subjects and centers very carefully as no change will be permitted in them at later stages. The exam will be based on the syllabus of Class XII as prescribed by the Goa Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education, Porvorim.
Every paper in GCET 2013 will have 75 questions which have to be answered in 2 hours. Every question will be of MCQ type with one correct choice. Every right answer will be given a credit of 1 mark.
There is NO NEGATIVE MARKING in GCET 2013.
The basic application process will comprise of applying via the Application Form of GCET 2013 that can be obtained from the following Sources:
- From the notified places for sale of Application Form for Goa CET 2013 Entrance Exam for Rs. 800/-.
- Downloaded from the website and send along with a DD of Rs. 800/-.
- Via a request letter sent to the DTE Goa, with DD of Rs. 800/- and Rs. 600/- as Application Form Fee and Test Fee resp for GCET 2013 .
Eligibility Criteria of GCET 2013:
- The candidate must be of Indian Nationality or belong to POI / NRI / OCI category.
- The candidate must be of 17 yrs till December end of the year of admission to the college.
- To be eligible as per the Eligibility Criteria of Goa CET 2013, the candidate must obtain a valid score in the GCET exam.
- To be eligible according to the Eligibility Criteria, the candidate must have passed the qualifying exam with a minimum of 45% (GEN) or 40% (ST/SC/OBC).
Reservation of Seats in GCET 2013:
There will be 15 categories under Reservation of Seats in Goa CET 2013, the reservation for which will be as follows:
- SC: 2%
- ST: 12%
- OBC: 19.5%
- Physically handicapped: 3%
- Freedom Fighters: 1%
- CSP: 6%
- ESM: 1%
- GN: 2%
- NRI: 5%.
- OSA: 03 Seats
- Kashmiri Migrants: 1 Seat in every technical institute.
- Tuition Fee Waiver: 5%
GCET 2013 Colleges under Exam:
- Goa Engineering College
- Padre Conceiçao College of Engineering, Verna Goa
- Rayeshwar Institute of Technology
Important Dates for GCET 2013:
- Start of Application Form Sale: 18.03.2013.
- Start of receiving complete application forms: 01.04.2013.
- Last date to receive completely filled GCET 2013 Application Form: 06.04.2013.
- Last Date to Collect the Admit Card: 30.04.2013.
- Last Date to submit forms with late fee of Rs. 1000/-: 30.04.2013
- Exam Date: 08.05.2013 and 09.05.2013
- Result Date: 20.05.2013
Other Related Links:Discuss Your Doubts