Thapar University has released the Admission Notification for the academic year of 2013. The admissions in BE/BTech will be done on the basis of JEE Main 2013 Score and normalized score of qualifying exam. The candidates seeking admission in Engineering Courses under LEET category have to sit for the Thapar University 2013 Entrance Exam.
The Applciation Forms for Thapar University 2013 have been released Online on the official website and the last date to receive the filled forms is 3.05.2013.
Eligibility Criteria of Thapar 2013:
The candidates of the UG programmes have to satisfy all the conditions mentioned in the Thapar 2013 Eligibility Criteria. The clauses and conditions which are included in Eligibility Criteria of Thapar 2013 are as follows:
- In order to be eligible according to Eligibility Criteria, the candidate must have passed the Class XII exam or its equivalent with a minimum aggregate of 60% (GEN & OBC) and 55% (SC & ST) in the subject combination of Mathematics, Physics and any one of Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science and Biotechnology.
- The candidate must have qualified AIEEE 2013 with a minimum score of 20% (GEN, OBC) and 15% (SC, ST).
- The candidate must be an Indian National to be eligible as per Eligibility Criteria of Thapar 2013.
- The candidate must have a good moral record.
The candidate must be born on or after 1st October, 1987. This age limit has been relaxed by 5 years for the PH/SC/ST candidates as per the clauses of Eligibility Criteria of Thapar 2013.
Reservation of Seats:
The Reservation of Seats in Thapar 2013 will follow the general scheme of reservation for the candidates of SC, ST and Physically Handicapped categories.
- From Punjab: 25%
- Outside Punjab: SC – 17.5%; ST – 7.5%
- Backward Classes from Punjab: 5%.
- Physically Handicapped:
- From Punjab: 3%
- 2% seats under Reservation of Seats in Thapar 2013 will be reserved for the Punjab Government nominees and will be filled as per the latest nomination regulations.
- 10 seats will be reserved for the beneficiary states scheme of MHRD, GOI. The candidates who claim admission in this category will not have to sit for the Entrance Test.
- One seat will be reserved for the Jammu & Kashmir migrants under Thapar 2013 Reservation of Seats.
- The Thapar University 2013 Entrance Exam Reservation of Seats will also give a reservation of 1% seats for the children of Thapar University Employees
After filling online form as per the given instructions, the candidates have to take its print out and paste a recent passport size, colored photograph on it at the specified place.
Now after filling the Application Form of Thapar University 2013, the candidates have to pay the fee via any of the two means mentioned below:
- Pay the Application Form Fee online: In this case, the candidates have to send only the print out of the application form to the university.
- Pay the fee via DD: These candidates have to submit the application forms accompanied with a DD of Rs. 1500/- payable at Patiala which is drawn in favor of Thapar University.
- The candidates who want to claim for reserved seats have to send the appropriate documents along with the Thapar 2013 Application Form.
- The completely filled Application Form for Thapar University 2013 has to be sent to:
Patiala – 147004.
- Any application received after the last date or which are incomplete in any form, will be rejected. The University will take no responsibility for any loss or delay of the Thapar 2013 Application Form in postal transit.
To know more about exam and further admission process, the candidates can visit the official website or read exam brochure.
- Last Date to receive filled forms: 3.05.2013
- Exam Date: Admissions will be done via JEE Main 2013
- Result Date: 7.07.2013 (As per declaration of JEE Main 2013 result)
Other Related Links:Discuss Your Doubts