The notifications for Entrance Exam WBJEE 2013 have been released and the exam is conducted on 21st of April, 2013 for which the forms were filled ONLINE from 11th of January, 2013 to 16th of February, 2013. The filled forms were accepted till 28/02/2013. The exam was conducted for admissions in all the State Engineering Colleges of West Bengal.
The seat allotment process for WBJEE 2013 is complete. Counselling process, which was held in 4 rounds are over and the deserving and eligible candidates have been provided the seats in the respective colleges. Seat allotment in the last round i.e. 4th round was done on 31.08.2013 after which all the candidates who opted for upgradation were upgraded and the candidates who had not been allotted were offered admissions in the colleges.
Exam pattern of WBJEE 2013:
The exam will consist of three papers:
- Mathematics (100 Marks)
- Physics (75 Marks)
- Chemistry (75 Marks)
There will be following question categories in WBJEE 2013 Exam:
1 Mark each
2 Marks each
2 Marks each
1 Mark each
2 Marks each
2 Marks each
1 Mark each
2 Marks each
2 Marks each
WBJEE 2013 Exam Category 1 Questions:
- Single correct answer, every correct answer will earn one mark.
- Every wrong answer will fetch 1/3 NEGATIVE CREDIT.
- More than one answer marked will earn 1/3 Negative Credit and will be declared wrong.
Category 2 Questions:
- One right answer and every right answer will earn 2 marks.
- Every wrong answer will fetch 2/3 NEGATIVE CREDIT.
- More than one option marked will fetch 1/3 Negative Credit and will be counted wrong.
WBJEE 2013 Exam Category 3 Questions:
- Questions having more than one answer and marking all of them ONLY will earn complete credit.
- Unanswered and questions with ONE or MORE wrong answers will earn ZERO Credit.
- Credit calculation for a partially answered questions having NO wrong answer:
Awarded marks = 2 x (Number of Correct answers) / (Total number of Correct answers)
The OMR Answer Sheet of WBJEE 2013 is to be marked with a BLUE or BLACK Ball Point Pen ONLY.
Test Schedule of WBJEEE 2013:
- Mathematics: 9.30 am to 11.30 am
- Physics: 12.30 pm to 2.00 pm
- Chemistry: 3.00 pm to 4.30 pm
Tie – Breaking Rules:
Inter – se merit will be calculated in case of two or more candidates obtaining equal marks in the exam. The resolution of Tie in WBJEE 2013 will be done as follows:
- The candidate securing fewer negative marks in the subjects of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry taken together will be given preference.
- Then the student who has scored higher positive marks in Mathematics and Physics together will be given preference.
- The student who has obtained higher positive marks in WBJEE 2013 in Mathematics and Chemistry together.
- Fewer negative marks in Physics & Mathematics.
- Fewer negative marks in Chemistry & Mathematics both.
- Higher positive score in Mathematics Section of WBJEE 2013 in 2 Marks Questions.
- Higher positive score in Physics in 2 Marks Questions.
- Higher positive score in Chemistry in 2 Marks Questions.
- Fewer negative marks in Mathematics for 2 marks questions.
- Fewer negative score in Physics Section of WBJEE 2013 Exam for 2 marks questions.
- Few negative marks in Chemistry for 2 marks questions.
- Finally the tie resolution will be done on the basis of age of the candidates where older one will be preferred.
Eligibility Criteria of WBJEE 2013:
The candidate must be Indian citizen and resident of Bengal.
AGE: By the end of December, 2012 the candidate must have reached the age of 17 years. There is no upper age limit for WBJEE 2013 except for the course of Marine Engineering for which 25 yrs is the upper age limit.
Requirement of Domicile
State Aided University
Govt. Technical / Engineering Colleges
Self Financing Institutes
- The candidates appearing in WBJEE 2013 should have been residents of the state of West Bengal for past ten continuous years. December 2012 will be the last month counted in that duration
- Parents of exam applicants must be permanent residents of the state of West Bengal.
Academic Requirements for WBJEE 2013:
- For all the candidates except the B. Pharmacy, Marine Engineering and B. Arch aspirants must have passed class XII or Equivalent Exam with a minimum of 45% (GEN) or 40% (ST/SC/PwD) aggregate in Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics (GEN) and a minimum of 30% marks in English with individual passing marks in Mathematics, English, Vernacular, Physics and Chemistry.
- For WBJEE 2013 Marine Engineering the minimum aggregate in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry is 60% with 50% minimum aggregate in English at either 10th or 12th class level with individual passing marks in Chemistry, Physics, Vernacular, Mathematics and English for all categories of WBJEE 2013 Entrance Exam Candidates.
Reservation of Seats in WBJEE 2013:
- The reservation of seats for SC/ST/PwD Candidates will be done on the basis of State Government norms which will be presumably as follows: ST: 22%, SC: 6% and PwD: 3%.
- There will be 12 seats reserved for the Defence Quota out of which 7 seats will be reserved in Govt. Engineering & Technology Colleges of State, 2 seats will be reserved at Jadavpur University and 3 will be reserved at Bengal Engineering & Science University.
- As per the reservation norms of WBJEE 2013 10% of the approved seats will be allocated to JEE Main 2013 merit rankers in all the self financing engineering and technology colleges of the state
Application Submission Process of WBJEE 2013 will basically have two phases:
- Filling in the personal details
- Filling the fee payment details.
After completion of the personal information filling phase, the candidates will be provided with a 7 digit application number which has to be preserved by the candidates for future logging in activities.
The next step of form filling process will involve the payment of Rs. 500/- as the form fee of WBJEE 2013 via any of the following two modes:
- Allahabad Bank : The students can remit the Challan Fee at the CBS facility enabled bank branch of Allahabad Bank.
- E – post office Challan: The candidates can also remit the form fee online through the post offices having the e – Post Office connectivity.
After the form fee of WBJEE 2013 has been remitted the candidates have to enter the details of transaction in the online form after which they will be given a confirmation page and Top Sheet of Enclosures which is to be printed out.
Then the candidates have to paste two identical recent colored passport sized photos on WBJEE 2013 confirmation page. One of the photos is to be self attested. The candidates have to sign the page, put their left hand thumb impression and get it signed by the parents or guardians.
The WBJEE 2013 top sheet of enclosures will have the list of document copies which are to be sent along with the form after self – attesting them.
Then the candidates have to send the WBJEE 2013 confirmation page along with the documents in an envelope at the following address via speed post till 28th February:
AQ – 13/1,
Sector – V,
Salt Lake City,
Kolkata – 700091.
Application Form Status of WBJEE 2013: The candidates can check their application status after entering the Application Form Number in between 1/03/2013 and 31/03/2013 on: www.wbjeeb.in - the official website of the exam. The delivered applications will have their application numbers on the website.
The Board will host the application statuson exam website from 1.03.2013 to 31.03.2013. To view their WBJEE 2013 application status the candidates have to enter their application number. The application numbers of the received applications will be hosted on the exam website.
The Admit Cards of WBJEE 2013 will be hosted on: www.wbjeeb.nic.in in between 1.04.2013 and 21.04.2013.
Result of WBJEE 2013:
- There is no provision for post result publication review etc and no communication in this regard will be entertained by the WBJEE 2013 Board.
- The Results will be declared around 10th of June 2013 on the various exam websites including the official website.
- The results will comprise of Merit Lists in which the number of candidates will be decided by the Board.
- The Individual Rank Cards will be given only to the candidates included in the merit list. The candidates can get detailed result updates and notificationson exam website.
The Counseling dates and schedule of WBJEE 2013 will be updated soon on the exam website and the candidates should stay in constant touch with it to be updated about the recent updates.
WBJEE 2013 Important Dates:
- Online WBJEE 2013 Application deadline: 11/01/2013 to 16/02/2013
- Top Sheet and Confirmation Page Generation: 11/01/2013 and 21/02/2013
- Last date to receive the filled forms: 11/01/2013 to 28/02/2013.
- Status check of Application Form: 1/03/2013 to 31/03/2013.
- Exam Date: 21.04.2013.
- Dispatching Admit Card via Post: 1.04.2013 to 10.04.2013.
- Downloadable Admit Card: 1.04.2013 to 21.04.2013.
- 1st round result allotment: 14 July 2013
- 2nd round result seat allotment: 21 July 2013
- 3rd round result seat allotment: 26 July 2013
- 4th round result seat allotment: 31 July 2013
- Admission closes: 31 July 2013
Other Related Links:
Discuss Your Doubts