Karnataka CET 2013 Counselling Second round has been extended. Check the following link:
KCET 2013 Counselling Second Round
KCET 2013 Counselling has NOT started yet, but the Karnataka Examinations Authority has released the complete Process of counselling as well as the steps involved therein. The exam authorities have also released the facility of DUMMY OPTION ENTRY.
The candidates can use this link and practice for the Actual Counselling Process. This will also help them to avoid any errors during actual process.
Karnataka CET 2013 Counselling - Schedule
- Document verification for the special category(Sports, NCC and Physically Disabled) - June 3 & 4, 2013.
- Document Verification helpline centres - June 5 2013 to June 23 2013
- College wise, course wise and category wise display of seat matrix - June 12, 2013
- Real Options submission for admission -Upto 11 PM, July 7 2013
- Mock allotment on real data - June 25, 2013
- Publication of Real Allotment (First Round) of Karnataka CET 2013 Counselling on the KEA website - July 10, 2013
- Payment of Fees/Reporting to colleges/Informing KEA online - July 15, 2013 by 5 pm
- Display of Vacant Seats (Cancelled/Not Reported/Additional Seat Matrix) - July 17, 2013 after 11 am
- Second Round Option Entry - July 17, 2013 (1 pm) to July 22, 2013 till 5 pm
- Second Round Seat Allotment - July 23, 2013 at 10.30 am
- Fees submission/Reporting to colleges/Informing KEA online (2nd Round) - July 23 2013 from 11.30 am till July 27 2013
Karnataka CET 2013 Counselling – Important Points
- Counselling or Admission Process will be done on the basis of Ranks obtained by a candidate in KCET 2013.
- It will start with online entry of options, verification of documents at 13 designated centers.
- After the verification is completed successfully, candidates will be issued a “Verification Slip” which must be preserved carefully till the admission process is over.
- After that the options for KCET 2013 Counselling can be filled ONLINE from the place of candidates’ convenience or from the help centers.
- Candidates can submit as many course and college choices as they want, but they have to arrange them in the order of priority.
- Candidates, eligible for both Medical and Engineering can fill options for both Medical and Engineering for Karnataka CET 2013 Counselling. They have to keep them in order of their preferences.
- There will be NO Provision for adding options after the first round.
Karnataka CET 2013 Counselling – Online Registration
- Logon to official portal of counselling
- Candidates will be required to submit their Application Number and Secret Key Code allotted to them at the time of document verification
- After that they have to specify a password for them which should be preserved by them till the Karnataka CET 2013 Counselling is complete.
- Candidates will be asked to submit their contact number and email id. Candidates should give complete and correct details as updates can be sent via email as well as SMS too.
- All the candidates will also be asked to answer a secret question about them which will be used in case a candidate forgets his/her password.
- After submitting all these details, candidates can proceed over to option filling page.
Karnataka CET 2013 Counselling – Option Entry:
- Candidates have to LOGIN to their accounts using their Application Number, Secret Code and Password.
- After they login, the candidates will be able to see their names, CET Number and ranks in all disciplines
- Next step in Option Entry phase of Karnataka CET 2013 Counselling will be clicking on “Candidates Option Entry” link which will redirect the candidates to Option Entry page.
- 3 panels will be opened:
1st Panel: For Option Entry
2nd Panel: Modifying the filled choices by deleting as well as re – arranging them
3rd Panel: It will show all the choices that have been filled for Karnataka CET 2013 Counselling
- Candidates can fill the options only ONCE before the allotments of seats, hence the candidates should fill maximum number of choices
- After the 1st Allotment Round, candidates will be given provision to add NEW options for courses and colleges.
Karnataka CET 2013 Counselling – How to fill Choices??
- Candidates have to indicate the priority number before the name of colleges in the 1st panel. After they have listed the priorities, candidates have to press “Save & Submit Button”.
- As soon as the candidates press this button, their choices will be shown in 2nd Panel and 3rd Panel.
- Candidates can also search the courses from the search link in the 1st Panel by submitting their codes.
Karnataka CET 2013 Counselling – How to Modify the Filled Choices???
- Candidates have to just change the priority against the course name and click on “Update Option”.
- After saving of changes, “OPTIONS UPDATED” message will be displayed on the screen.
- If the candidates want to delete any OPTION, they have to enter “0” as their priority and the option will be deleted.
Karnataka CET 2013 Counselling – Option Report Printing:
- Applicants can take print out of their options which will be called as OPTION REPORT.
- This report can be printed out using short link as well as detailed link. If the number of options filled by the candidate exceeds 50, short link should be used.
- In case the candidates have filled few options for Karnataka CET 2013 Counselling, they can go for detailed print out.
- The option report can be saved as well as printed out.
Karnataka CET 2013 Counselling – Seat Allocation:
- The whole process will comprise of the following steps:
Entry of Options
- There will be NO blocking of seats and only ONE seat will be allocated per candidate
- There will be NO multiple physical rounds.
- Though the candidate may have multiple ranks, but Karnataka CET 2013 Counselling will allot a single seat on the basis of choices filled by the candidates.
- Seat allocation will be done after the option entry phase on the basis of choices filled by the candidates.
- Up – Gradation will be done for the seats left vacant because of surrender and left admissions.
Karnataka CET 2013 Counselling – Admission Process:
- After a seat is allocated to a candidate, they have to take the admission at the allocated institute within the stipulated time interval or their admission will be cancelled.
- First the candidates have to download and print out the admission order immediately after the submission of fee.
- After the candidate has been allocated a seat in Karnataka CET 2013 Counselling, the fee can be submitted via the following means:
NOTE: Candidates can download their admission order immediately after the submission of fee in Online mode.
Indian Bank Counter Payment
CET Counter Payment
NOTE: In case of offline payment, the candidate will be able to generate the Admission Order after ONE day.
- After fee submission, candidates have to report at the college allocated to them in Karnataka CET 2013 Counselling within stipulated time or their admission will be cancelled.
After seat allocation, four cases can be there:
CASE 1: Candidate has been allocated a seat, he/she is satisfied with the allotment and doesn’t wish to participate in further rounds.
Things to do:
Pay the admission fee and download the Admission Order.
Indicate that he/she is not participating in further rounds of Karnataka CET 2013 Counselling.
Report to allocated college.
Seat allocated to the candidate will NOT be returned to seat matrix.
Candidate will be BLOCKED from all the further rounds of counselling.
All the other options filled by the candidate will be removed automatically.
CASE 2: Candidate is satisfied with the allotted seat but wants to participate in NEXT allotment session
Things to do: Pay the admission fee and download the Admission Order
Seat will NOT be included in Seat Matrix
Candidate can attend the next round of counselling
All the options filled by the candidate for Karnataka CET 2013 Counselling which were below the allotted option will be removed including the allotted option.
Candidate will be able to alter the order of other higher options, alter their order and add NEW options (that didn’t existed before)
CASE 3: Candidate is satisfied with the allotment but wants to participate in NEXT allotment Round.
Things to do: Do Nothing
Seat will be returned to seat matrix and candidate can participate in NEXT round.
All the options for Karnataka CET 2013 Counselling which were below the allotted option will be REMOVED.
Order of the choices can be changed and NEW options (that never existed before) can be filled.
CASE 4: Candidate is NOT satisfied with the filled choices and DON’T want to participate in further rounds.
Things to do: Indicate that you are NOT participating in further rounds of admission
Seat will be returned to Seat Matrix
Candidates will be BLOCKED from further Karnataka CET 2013 Counselling rounds
All Options will be REMOVED.
NOTE: Candidates who have NOT been allotted any seat can retain their choices. They will have the provision to alter the order of their choices, add NEW choices and there will be NO provision to ADD any option that existed before.
Candidates may refer to the information brochure for further details on KCET 2013 Counselling.
Other Related Links:Discuss Your Doubts