As two new exams have been introduced from next year, IIT JEE has been scrapped. The admission process of IITs will now comprise of two entrance exams - JEE Main 2013 and JEE Advanced 2013. For more information regarding the new exams and their pattern, visit the following link:
According to the norms set by the Govt. of India, IIT JEE 2013 Reservation of Seats will cover the candidates from the following four categories:
- OBC (Other Backward Classes) if they have Non-Creamy Layer certificate.
- ST (Scheduled Tribes)
- SC (Schedule Castes)
- PD (Persons with Physical Disability)
The category wise IIT JEE 2013 Reservation of Seats is as follows:
- OBC: The OBC Candidates will have 27% of seats under IIT JEE 2013 Reservation of Seats in all the IITs, ISM Dhanbad and IT-BHU Varanasi provided they don’t belong to Creamy layer.
Such candidates will have to submit a Non-Creamy layer Certificate bearing the details of their parents’ income.
- ST: Scheduled Tribes (ST) candidates will have 7.5% reservation under IIT JEE 2013 Reservation of Seats in all IITs, ISM Dhanbad and IT-BHU Varanasi.
- SC: SC candidates will have 15% seats under IIT JEE 2013 Reservation of Seats.
- PD: The candidates with Physical Disability of at least 40% and the candidates who have overcome Leprosy and are otherwise fit to pursue the course will have 3% of seats under IIT JEE 2013 Reservation of Seats.
The candidates of PD category will be examined by the Medical Board of IITs for IIT JEE 2013 Reservation of Seats and the decision of Medical Board will be final.
Preparatory Course : In case, some seats reserved for the PD/SC/ST category remain vacant, some candidates will be given admission in a preparatory course under IIT JEE 2013 Reservation of Seats, given:
- Respective category reserved seats are vacant.
- Minimum norms are satisfied
- Candidates have not undergone preparatory course earlier.
After the course is completed successfully, these candidates will be given admission directly in 2014 session.
IIT JEE 2013 Reservation of Seats will also have 02 seats in each institute reserved for the children of Paramilitary/Defence personnel killed or disabled permanently in action in war or peacetime.
Other Related Links:Discuss Your Doubts