Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Interview with the AIEEE topper
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Interview with the AIEEE topper

Interview with the AIEEE topper 4 Years, 5 Months ago

He is just 18, but his maturity, dedication and focus will amaze you. He fits the tag of a bookworm, but his interest in sports & social networking will baffle you. Hailing from Bhilai in Chhattisgarh, Vipul Singh has topped the All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE) with a score of 412. His other achievements include- 5th topper in the list of IIT JEE, topped the ninth All-India Engineering/Architecture Entrance Examination, IIT-JEE topper from the Kharagpur region, and topping the International Mathematics Olympiad and securing an overall rank-2 in the National Science Olympiad. If that was not enough he has also scored 96.2\% in the Class XII examinations In an informal chat with Pritika Ghura, he describes his future plans and success mantra. Q1) What are your future plans? Ans) I want to pursue B. Tech in Computer Science from IIT Bombay. Then I plan to pursue Masters of Science and PhD from MIT in Boston, and want to research in Mathematics. The reason why I am going for IIT Bombay is it is one of the best IITs, and its computer science program is rated very high. Also, I will get lot of exposure from a city like Mumbai- which is also the financial capital of the country. Q2) What is your success mantra? Ans)It is a combination of time management and self study. I got myself enrolled in Pinnacle programme of FIITJEE from class X1 itself. Since the program incorporated CBSE school studies in IIT JEE coaching, I saved on a lot of time which I used in having lively discussions with teachers, getting my doubts cleared. I also took many practice papers and used to compare my performance from time to time. I was extremely focused from the beginning. Very early on I decided that I wanted to join IIT, hence I concentrated a great deal on mathematics and science and participated in and won several quizzes as well. Q3) What does it take to be an IIT topper? Ans)Commitment, dedication and hard work are the three golden rules for success. There is no shortcut, no definite formulas to ace the JEE. You have to do the whole syllabus extensively as you can't be sure what will be asked in the paper. I would advise IIT aspirants to work very hard two years and then reap its benefits for your whole life. Prerequisites to ace the engineering entrance exams are -: A) Commitment towards your goal B) Self confidence C) Good teachers with a willingness to help you D) Habit to get your doubts cleared as soon as they arise Q4) What tips will you give to IIT aspirants? Ans) It is very important to stay focused, and stay away from distractions. Have full faith in teachers and don't leave out anything in your syllabus. To do well one does not need to be a bookworm, solving questions with logical reasoning is the key to success. Q5) What are your hobbies? Ans) I love quizzing and have participated at several national-level quizzes by Siddhartha Basu & Harsha Bhogle. Besides, I am also very fond of F1 racing and tennis. I also like to stay updated on the social networking sites. Q6) How do you plan to celebrate your success? Ans) I have been celebrating for the past week. Have been talking to the media, students, and have got best wishes from all over the country. Since I will be representing our country in International Physics Olympiad in Korasia soon, I'll be going back to Bhilai to prepare for it.

AKHIL (User)
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Please Login to Post a Reply .
Akhil Mahajan
Trustworthy member & Moderator of Entrance Corner
www.engg.entrancecorner.com

Re: Interview with the AIEEE topper 3 Years, 7 Months ago

great

rock_star (User)
Junior Expert ECian
graphgraph