Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Lateral Entry in engg colleges
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Lateral Entry in engg colleges

Lateral Entry in engg colleges 4 Years, 2 Months ago

what is lateral entry and which all colleges hav it....is it der for guys who hav completd 1st year engg... is der a test for it or some form.......i am a 1st year cse student in clg in blore n  want to get into bits or gud nit thru lateral entry is it possible.........(I am doing welll in clg) 

Sahil (User)
Junior ECian
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Please Login to Post a Reply .

Re:Lateral Entry in engg colleges 4 Years, 2 Months ago

i als have same query

in case the answer is no is it possible to get a decent job after 4 years in nit if i get to it and i already am appeari for third time

vk (User)
Senior ECian
graphgraph

see this .... http://engg.entrancecorner.com/discussion-forum/14-general-discussion/99851-lateral-entry-after-1st-year.html yeah it is possible to get a decent job but u need to work hard.....

Deepanshu (User)
Gold Expert ECian
graphgraph
Deepanshu
A Trustworthy ECian
An ECian whom you can trust...

http://www.EntranceCorner.com

lateral entry is generally for B.Sc students where they need to give an exam that enables them to do B.tech from the next year (2nd year)...It is very rare for students doing B.tech in first year..lateral entry is not possible in bits and nits neither for B.Sc students nor for B.tech students..

Deepanshu (User)
Gold Expert ECian
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2010/09/30 21:40 By gingerlyspicy.
Deepanshu
A Trustworthy ECian
An ECian whom you can trust...

http://www.EntranceCorner.com

Re: Lateral Entry in engg colleges 4 Years, 2 Months ago

well as far as lateral entry is considered.....some colleges admit in 2nd year but admissions are given only to those who have completed graduation with any other stream(like they have done B.Sc)....but as far as BITS and any NIT is considered there are no admissions to them through lateral entry...........only private colleges have this criteria.........colleges in UPTU admit through lateral entry but only those who have completed graduation plus they have also to give UPSEE which is entrance exam of UPTU and secure rank there......... if u r doing good in college then maintain that goodness.............if u perform excellently through these four years then u can be at the same level where u r currently thinking a BITSian or NITian will be or u may be higher than that.....cheers !! all the best !!

Satyam (User)
Administrator
graphgraph
Satyam Mishra
Trustworthy & Administrator of Entrance Corner
www.entrancecorner.com

@ satyam there is a lateral entry in bits pilani......i have read tat in dere site but currently not able to find the link...i actually myself found tat link in bits360......

lateral enty in bits is really really hard because they take an online test n to be applicable to sit on that test u must need to maintain atleast a 9.75 cgpa.

thapar too take a december test.....

bharat (User)
Senior ECian
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
Moderators: Entrance Corner, Rajat,