NPCIL Recruitment through GATE 2017: Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL) has released the application form for recruitment of executive trainees through GATE 2017. The application process of NPCIL recruitment through GATE commenced on June 6 and the last date to apply is June 15. NPCIL has announced a combined total of 150 vacancies for the post in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Instrumentation/ Chemical/ Electronics /Civil Engineering disciplines. All the interested applicants should have qualified GATE 2017 before they fill the application form. Those candidates who have not appeared for GATE 2017 exam are not eligible to apply for NPCIL Recruitment through GATE. Male applicants from General/OBC categories will have to pay a non refundable amount of 500 rupees as application fees while submitting the application form of NPCIL recruitment via GATE 2017. Women candidates, candidates belonging to SC/ST category, Persons with Disabilities, Dependents of Defence Personnel Killed in Action (DODPKIA) are exempted from payment of application fee.
Applicants should note that only GATE 2017 scores will be considered valid for applying in NPCIL. NPCIL will release a merit list on the basis of marks secured by the candidates in GATE 2017. Those candidates who have secured equal or more marks as per the qualifying scores set by NPCIL for the respective discipline will be called for personal interview. After personal interview, candidates will be called for verification of original documents. Those who clear all stages of NPCIL Recruitment 2017 selection procedure will be shortlisted for final appointment. Candidates can read below to check complete details about the eligibility criteria, selection procedure, application process, dates of NPCIL Recruitment through GATE 2017 below.
Latest: NPCIL Recruitment through GATE – Apply here
Organization: Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd (NPCIL)
Post Announced: Executive Trainees (ET- 2017)
Category wise Vacancies:
|Name of Post||Disciplines||Max Age as on 15/06/2017||No. Of vacancies||Total|
|Executive Trainee||Mechanical,Electrical,Electronins & Communication,Instrumentation,Chemical, Civil||26 Yrs||25||28||38||61||150|
Discipline wise Vacancies
|S.No.||Name of Post||Discipline||Disablement Category||Vacancies|
|4||Electronics & Communication||OL,HH||8|
|6||Civil||OL, OA, HH||40|
Important Dates of the NPCIL Recruitment through GATE 2017
NPCIL has announced the complete schedule of NPCIL recruitment through GATE on its official website. All the applicants willing to participate in the recruitment should know the important dates of the recruitment process. Check the complete schedule of NPCIL recruitment through GATE 2017 from the table below.
|1||GATE 2017 Application Start Date||September 1, 2016|
|2||Last Date for GATE 2017 Application||October 10, 2016|
|3||GATE 2017 Admit Card Download Dates||January 4, 2017|
|4||Start Date for NPCIL Application||June 6, 2017 (4:00 P.M)|
|5||Last Date for NPCIL recruitment application||June 15, 2017 (4:30 P.M.)|
|6||Tentative date for issue of intimation regarding schedule for Personal Interviews||June 22, 2017|
|7||Tentative schedule of interviews||July 10 – July 17, 2017|
NPCIL Recruitment through GATE 2017 Eligibility Criteria
|2||Academic Qualifications||Full time BE / B. Tech / B. Sc Engineering (4 years duration) / 5 years Integrated M. Tech Final year students are also eligible to apply provided they furnish proof of their eligibility and final marks sheet by the specified date|
|3||Pass % in degree||Minimum of 60% aggregate marks|
|4||Upper Age Limit||General – 26 years
OBC – 29 years
SC/ST – 31 years
Dependents of those who died in the riots of 1984 -31 years
Jammu & Kashmir Domiciled Persons from 01/01/1980 to 31/12/1989 (Dom Kashmir) – 31 years
Persons With Disability (PWD) (Gen)– 36 YearsPersons With Disability (PWD) (OBC)– 39 YearsPersons With Disability (PWD) (SC/St)– 41 Years
Detailed Eligibility for the NPCIL Recruitment through GATE 2017:
|S.No||Engineering Discipline||GATE 2017 Paper Code||Engineering Degree|
Instrumentation & Controls
Instrumentation & Electronics
Electrical & Electronics
|5.||Electronics & Communication||EC||Electronics
Electronics & Communication
Electronics & Telecommunication
Electronics & Controls
Electronics & Instrumentation
How to apply for NPCIL Recruitment through GATE 2017
The application form of NPCIL recruitment through GATE 2017 is available online and the applicants will be able to fill and submit the application form from the link given on this page. Eligible applicants may apply through online registration system of NPCIL using GATE 2017 registration number provided on the Admit Card issued by GATE.
Before applying, applicants should the below things in mind–
- All the applicants should fulfill the eligibility criteria fixed by NPCIL else their applications will be rejected.
- The applicants should ensure that he/she has valid GATE 2017 Score with qualifying marks applicable in the discipline.
- Applicants should have a scanned copy of their photograph in JPG format, of size not more than 50KB and a minimum of 125 x 165 pixels (4.4 x 5.8 in cm) in dimensions and signature in JPEG format of size not more than 20KB and a minimum of 125 x 80 pixels (4.4 x 2.9 cm) in dimensions.
- Applicants should also have valid and active email address and mobile number.
- If the mobile number registered by the candidate is in the TRAI NCPR list (formerly called DND), candidate will not receive SMS alerts from NPCIL related to recruitment of ET-2017.
- If candidate wants to receive SMS alerts, she/he is requested to remove her/his mobile number from the NCPR list through service provider.
The application process of NPCIL Recruitment through GATE 2017 consists of four steps as explained below.
Step 1 – The applicants will have to begin with registration for NPCIL recruitment through GATE 2017. They will have enter the basic details such as GATE 2017 Registration Number, Discipline, Name, Date of Birth, Category, Email, Mobile number, PWD details and other exemption details, if applicable. Once the registration is complete, candidates will receive an activation email on the email address provided by them.
Step 2 – Click on the activation link received in the email once through with step 1.
Step 3: Upon successful activation, applicants will have to login using their login id and password to fill the online application form of NPCIL recruitment through GATE. Applicants will have to fill in details like GATE 2017 Registration Number, Educational Qualifications, Work Experience, choice of Written/Online Test centre in case a test is being conducted for the post etc.
This is a multi stage step where applicant is allowed to go to next stage only on entering the information required for current stage. The sequence of stages are as follows :
- Educational Qualifications
- Post Qualification Work Experience, if any
- Personal Details
- Upload Photo & Signature
- Submit Application
After entering all the details, click on save and next, the preview of the application form will pop up on the screen. Applicants should check all the details entered by them in the application form, as no changes will be allowed in the application form after final submission.
Step 4: This step of NPCIL recruitment through GATE application process is only for the male candidates of OBC/General category. Only male candidates belonging to General/OBC categories are required to make a non refundable payment of Rs. 500 towards application fee with the applicable bank charges using State Bank Collect link provided on the website after final submission of the online application. Click Check Box & Proceed , select state as Maharashtra, type of Corporate/Institution as others, others name as NPCIL, submit, select Payment Category as Recruitment of Executives Trainees 2017.
NPCIL Recruitment through GATE 2017 Application Form – Points to note
- Exact percentage of the marks should be mentioned in the qualification percentage of marks column and no rounding off of marks should be done e.g. 59.99% should NOT be rounded off to 60%.
- The Online Application form submission of NPCIL recruitment through GATE will be complete only after all the above mentioned applicable steps are complete.
- ‘Online Application Form’ without valid signature and photograph will not be accepted.
- Initial screening is primarily based on the information provided in the online application form. It is, therefore, strongly advised that all the details should be carefully and correctly entered in online application form.
NPCIL Recruitment through GATE 2017 Selection Procedure
The selection procedure of NPCIL recruitment through GATE consists of two steps, i.e. personal interview and document verification. Candidates whose GATE 2017 scores are according to qualifying marks decided by the PSU will be shortlisted for personal interview. Shortlisted applicants will be informed through email and SMS (if active mobile number provided) about the availability of the ‘Interview Call Letter’ online on the website. The time and venue of the interview will be available in the ‘Interview Call Letter’.
The shortlisted applicants appearing for the interview should invariably carry with them the following at the time of reporting for personal interview-
- Photo identity proof of PAN Card/Driving License/AADHAR Card/Voter ID/College ID/Government issued ID to secure entry into Anushaktinagar premises for interview.
- One clear printout of the Interview Call Letter bearing photograph of the candidate.
- One clear printout of the full online application form.
After the interview round, candidates who secured the qualifying marks will have to go through verification of original documents. The documents need for verification are :
- Date of Birth (DOB) proof – School Leaving Certificate/ Xth STD Passing Certificate
- Educational Qualifications – Graduation Mark sheet, GATE 2017 Admit Card and GATE 2017 Score Card. Applicants who have been awarded CGPA/GPA/SGPA or letter grades will be required to produce the authenticated conversion table from the Institute/College/University. If not, standard formula provided by AICTE will be applied to derive the percentage of marks.
- No Objection Certificate from the organization for those already working in Central/State Government/PSUs/Aided Institutions.
- SC/ST/OBC (Non Creamy Layer) candidates must produce Caste certificates, as per the format prescribed by the Government of India. OBC applicants who belong to “Creamy layer” are not entitled for relaxations and concessions admissible
- Disability Certificate issued by the Competent Authority in case of PWD candidates.
- Non production of original documents will debar the candidate from appearing for the interview and no traveling charges will be reimbursed to such candidates.
- Candidate Has To Qualify At Each Stage Of Prescribed Selection Process For Final Appointment.
NPCIL Recruitment through GATE 2017 – Compensation Package
After successful completion of training, Executive Trainee will be appointed as Scientific Officer/C in Group ‘A’. The selected candidates will be required to undergo one year orientation training in any of the Nuclear Training Centres of NPCIL located at Tarapur Maharashtra Site, Rawatbhata Rajasthan Site, MAPS Kalpakkam (Tamil Nadu), Kaiga Site (Karnataka) and Kudankulam (Tamil Nadu).
Those trainees who complete one year orientation training successfully, will be appointed as Scientific Officer/C and posted at one of the Units/Sites/Offices of NPCIL located at different parts of the country.
|S.No.||Name of the Post||Pay in Pay Matrix (As per 7th CPC Revised Pay) / Stipend (Per Month)|
|Pay in Pay Matrix||Level|
|Stipend – Rs. 35,000 + One time Book Allowance – Rs. 10,000 + Mandatory Lodging & Boarding – In NPCIL Hostels||–|
|2||Scientific Officer/C (On Appointment)||Rs. 56,100 + DA 4% of Pay in the Pay Matrix (as on 01.01.2017)
(Dearness Allowance (DA) is based on the rates notified by Government of India from time to time.)
In addition to emoluments as above, other things like PF, LTC, Medical facility, Canteen Subsidy, Performance Incentive, Group Insurance, Gratuity, Housing, transport etc are available as per extant rules depending on place of posting.
Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited
16th Floor, Centre – I, World Trade Centre,
Cuffe Parade, Colaba,
Mumbai – 400 005, India.
Stay posted to engg.entrancecorner.com for latest updates on NPCIL recruitment through GATE 2017. For any doubts or query comment below.