NATA 2017 – The Council of Architecture (CoA) has conducted the National Aptitude Test in Architecture on April 16, 2017. NATA 2017 was held in the offline mode and it comprised of three sections, namely, Mathematics, general aptitude and drawing test. The answer key of NATA 2017 for the MCQ portion will be released by the CoA soon. With the help of the answer key, candidates will be able to calculate the NATA 2017 score and analyse their performance. The result of NATA 2017 will be announced on or before June 10. Qualified candidates will be able to take admission into B.Arch courses around 450 Participating Institutes situated across the country. Admission to the institutes is also subjected to the fulfilment of eligibility requirements. For more information on NATA 2017 answer key, result, counselling etc. read the article given below on this page.
Latest: NATA 2017 Admit Card Released!
Exam Name: National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) 2017.
Conducted by: Council of Architecture, New Delhi.
What’s new in NATA 2017?
- Every year, the Council of Architecture conducts NATA in two phases from the month of April to August 2017. But, this year, NATA was conducted as a one-day examination on April 16, 2017.
- Unlike previous years, for the academic session 2017-18, the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) was held in the offline mode, i.e. NATA 2017 was a pen and paper based examination.
- The “Best of 5” attempt system has been scrapped. Candidates will be allowed to appear for NATA 2017 only once.
- The syllabus and Exam Pattern of NATA 2017 have been completely revamped.
- Before the result declaration, the response sheets of each candidate will be made available online along with the subject wise mark(s) secured by them.
- A new Exam Centre outside India has been added for NATA 2017 i.e. Dubai.
- The lower age limit for being eligible for NATA 2017 has been withdrawn. As per the new notice issued by the Board, the examination is open to candidates of any age. However, candidates have to follow the age requirement, if specified by any of the member Institutes for admission.
- Candidates, upon successful submission of the application form, were issued admit card.
- Candidates had to download the soft copy of the admit card and take a print out of it.
- The exam centre allotted to the candidates was indicated on the admit card. An examination roll number was also be generated for each candidate.
- Along with the admit card, candidates had to carry an identical copy of their original photograph and one photo identity card to the examination centre.
- Candidates are advised to retain their admit card till the end of the admission process.
NATA 2017 was conducted across different regions of the country. Candidates had to submit their choice of exam centre at the time of filling up the application form. Check the first ten list of Exam Centres of NATA 2017 given in the table below.
|State||Name of City||City Code|
|Andaman & Nicobar Island||Port Blair||1|
The Important Dates of NATA comprises the schedule of events to be conducted by the conducting body. Aspirants can check the all the important dates of crucial events of NATA 2017 in the table below.
|1.||Availability of information||December 15, 2016|
|2.||Registration for NATA 2017||January 02, 2017|
|3.||Last date for registration||February 11, 2017 (11:59 PM)|
|4.||Uploading of image allowed till||February 12, 2017(11:59 PM)|
|5.||Payment of fee allowed till||February 13, 2017 (11:59 PM)|
|6.||Printing of Confirmation page available till||February 28, 2017(11:59 PM)|
|7.||Correction window for candidates (Based on Council feedback and self-induced errors) along with upload of correct testimonials||February 20 to 24, 2017 (11:59 PM)|
|8.||Issuance of Admit Card||March 28, 2017 (available to download)|
|9.||NATA 2017 exam date||April 16, 2017 (11: 00 AM to 2:00 PM)|
|10.||Declaration of Result||By June 10, 2017|
Salient Features of NATA 2017
- NATA 2017 was conducted by the Council of Architecture, New Delhi, for admission to the five years undergraduate architecture programme.
- The Participating Institutes of NATA 2017 will grant admission on the basis of the scores obtained by the candidates in NATA 2017 and in the qualifying examination.
- The eligibility criteria levied by the organising body is applicable for all the applicants.
- The registration and application process for the examination was done in the online mode.
- The exam was held across the country and abroad. There were in total 29 centres allotted for NATA 2017.
- The Result of NATA 2017 will be announced four days after the exam.
- The counselling will be done by the participating Institutes separately on the basis of the scores secured in NATA 2017 and qualifying examination.
NATA 2017 includes various institutes of the country which offers admission to B.Arch. course. The Participating Institutes of NATA 2017 comprises of various government Institutes, Government aided/ unaided and colleges of Architecture. Check the 1st 10 names of participating institutes below:
|S No||Name of Participating Institutes|
|1||S.A.R. College of Architecture, Andhra Pradesh|
|2||College of Architecture, Vastu Kala Academy, New Delhi|
|3||Institute of Architecture, Gujarat|
|4||Sri Venkateswara College of Architecture, Hyderabad|
|5||College of Architecture, Holy Mary Institute of Technology & Sciences, Andhra Pradesh|
|6||Faculty of Architecture, College of Engineering, Andhra Pradesh|
|7||Dignity College of Architecture, Chhattisgarh|
|8||Angel Valley School of Architecture, Chhattisgarh|
|9||School of Architecture, CSI Institute of Technology, Andhra Pradesh|
|10||Guwahati College of Architecture, Assam|
For admission to the B.Arch courses across the country through NATA 2017, every candidate must fulfil all the norms set by the Council of Architecture, New Delhi. Candidates who are found ineligible will not be granted admission to the five years B. Arch. Course under any circumstances. Read the Eligibility Criteria of NATA 2017 given below.
|Age Limit||The lower age limit defined by the Board has now been scrapped. Candidates of any age is now eligible to appear for NATA 2017. However, they have to comply with any requirement defined by the admission or counselling authority|
|Qualification||Candidates must fulfil the following academic norms to be eligible for admission to B.Arch Course:
NATA 2017 Syllabus:
|Mathematics||Algebra, Logarithms, Complex numbers, Quadratic equations, Binomial theorem (positive integral index), Matrices, Trigonometry, Coordinate geometry of two dimensions, Coordinate geometry of three dimensions, Differential calculus, Integral calculus, Differential equations, Application of calculus, Vectors, Sets, relations and mappings, Permutation and combination, Statistics and probability|
|General Aptitude||Objects, texture related to architecture and built environment, Interpretation of pictorial compositions, Visualising three-dimensional objects from two-dimensional drawing, Visualizing different sides of 3D objects, Analytical reasoning, mental ability (visual, numerical and verbal), Awareness of national/international architects and their creations.|
|Drawing Test||Understanding of scale and proportion of objects, geometric composition, Shape, Building forms and elements, aesthetics, Colour texture, harmony and contrast, Conceptualization and Visualization, Drawing of patterns- both geometrical and abstract. Form transformations in 2D and 3D like union, subtraction, rotation, surfaces and volumes. Generating plan, elevation and 3D views of objects, Creating 2D and 3D compositions using given shape and forms, Perspective drawing, Sketching of urbanscape and landscape|
NATA 2017 was a paper based test. The revised Exam Pattern of NATA 2017 is given below:
|Mode of Examination||Pen and Paper based|
|Type of Questions||Mathematics & General Aptitude: Objective type multiple choice questions. 4 options will be given out of which only one option will be correct.
Drawing: (Two sets) in A4 size paper
|Distribution of Questions||Mathematics: 30
General Aptitude: 30
|Toal Marks||Mathematics: 30×2= 60
General Aptitude: 30×2= 60
Drawing: 2×40= 80Grand Total: 200
|Distribution of Marks||Mathematics & General Aptitude: 2 marks
Drawing: 40 marksThere is no negative marking for incorrect answer.
Total Duration: 3 hours
First 90 minutes: Mathematics and General Aptitude
NATA 2017 Mock Test
The Mock Test of NATA 2017 is similar to the computer based online aesthetic sensitivity test. Taking the mock test will help the candidates to get an understanding of how the online test is conducted. Candidates will be able to figure out the type of questions to be expected in the main examination. With regular practice, candidates can analyse their performance which will lead to better preparation for the examination. Therefore, all the aspirants are advised to take the mock test and do well in the examination.
NATA 2017 Answer Key and Scanned OMR Response
After the conclusion of the examination, model answers for the MCQ portion will be available online. With the help of the answer key of NATA 2017, candidates can calculate their probable scores and analyse their performance in the examination.
The response sheet of each candidate will also be published online. Candidates may request for rechecking of the machine recorded responses online by making a payment of Rs.1000 per question within the given period of time.
- The Result of NATA will be announced latest by June 10, 2017
- The Result will be available only in e-format
- The NATA score card 2017 will be valid only for the academic session 2017-18
- No print/ hard copy of the score card will be considered valid. The admission authority of NATA 2017 will retrieve the original score cards from their own server
- However, candidates can take a print out of their score cards for reference and information
NATA 2017 Cutoff
Candidates have to obtain the following minimum marks in each paper to qualify for admission:
|S.No||Paper||Cutoff Percentage||Cutoff marks|
|1||Mathematics and General Aptitude||25%||30|
Note: The aggregate percentage/marks to be secured by candidates will be announced in due course by CoA.
NATA 2017 Counselling
- There will be no common counselling held for admission to the Participating Institutes of NATA 2017.
- The Counselling of it will be done by the participating institutes individually, based on the marks obtained by the candidates.
- The ratio of marks obtained in NATA 2017 and the qualifying examination is 50:50.
- Candidates have to apply for admission to the participating institutions as per the scheduled time.
- At the time of reporting for the counselling, candidates must have all the documents/ certification as required for verification.
All the candidates must read the instructions before proceeding to the application form procedure.
Candidates can apply for NATA 2017 only in Online mode. No, offline exams will be conducted. Candidates are allowed to apply only once, no multiple application forms will be accepted.
NATA 2017 Registration Procedure
There are four simple steps to be followed while filling up the application form.
Online application form fil up – The candidates are required to fill their online application form. After the successful form fill-up, the candidates will be provided with an Application Number. The candidates must keep the Password that has been used at the time of application form fill up. The Application Number and Chosen Password will be required.
Online Uploading of Scanned Images – Candidates must upload their Photograph, Signature and Thumb Impression which is compulsory for all the candidates. All the images must be scanned and must be in JPG Format. All the images must be uploaded in one go, the images uploaded separately will not be accepted.
Application Fee payment – The examination fee is Rs 1250/- for all candidates except Dubai aspirants. Dubai candidates have to pay Rs 7000/- before the admit card is made available which will be notified by Board.The payment can be made through Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking only. No other mode is available.
Confirmation Page – Candidates must download the confirmation page after payment and submission of the online application form. For further use take print out of the page and keep it safely.
Official Website: www.nata.in