NATA 2017 Result – The result of NATA 2017 has been announced by the Council of Architecture (CoA), New Delhi, on June 9. Each and every candidate who appeared in the entrance exam on April 16 can check their NATA result 2017. The link to download the result of NATA 2017 is provided on this page. To download NATA 2017 result, candidates have to log in with their application number and password. The result of NATA displays the subject wise and overall marks secured by the candidates. The minimum qualifying marks that candidates need to secure has already been defined by the CoA. In the MCQ portion, candidates have to secure 25% (i.e. 30 out of 120) and 25% in the Drawing portion (i.e. 20 out of 80). NATA 2017 result is valid only for the academic session 2017-18. A total number of 37246 students appeared for the test out of which a total of 24540 students qualified NATA 2017 Examination. Interested candidates may read the article given below to know how to download NATA 2017 result, methodology of score calculation and more.
NATA 2017 Result Dates
The important dates pertaining to the result of NATA 2017 is given below in the table:
|S.No.||NATA 2017 Result Events||Important Dates|
|1.||NATA 2017 exam held on||April 16, 2017|
|2.||Availability of candidates’ response sheet||May 2017|
|3.||Declaration of Result||June 09, 2017|
How to Download NATA 2017 Result?
To check the result of NATA 2017, applicants have to follow few basic steps as given below:
- Candidates have to click on the link provided below
- In the login page, enter NATA 2017 application number and password
- Enter the security pin and then click on the ‘submit’ button
- NATA 2017 score card of the candidates is displayed on the screen
- Candidates have to download and take a printout of NATA result 2017
NATA 2017 Result announced! – Check here
NATA 2017 Result Format
The score obtained by candidates is calculated as per the marking scheme defined in NATA exam pattern 2017 by the CoA. The result of NATA is available in the following three formats:
- Marks obtained by candidates in each section and out of 200
- Merit of the candidates based on marks obtained by the candidates and tie breaking rules
- Percentile score based on the merit listing
Qualifying Marks for NATA 2017
Candidates have to secure the minimum qualifying marks as defined by the CoA to qualify the entrance exam. The minimum qualifying marks is given below:
- Candidates have to secure at least 25% in the Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) portion, i.e. out of 120 marks, candidates have to obtain minimum 30
- In the Drawing portion too, the minimum qualifying marks is 25%. Out of the maximum marks of 80, candidates must obtain at least 20 marks
- The overall qualifying score out of the maximum marks defined for NATA 2017, i.e. 200, will be based on post exam statistics and at the discretion of the council
Note: Candidates have to satisfy all the three conditions mentioned above in order to qualify in NATA 2017 exam
Procedure to determine Inter-se-Merit for NATA 2017
The CoA will publish a general merit list of all the candidates who qualified in NATA 2017 exam. The merit rank is awarded to candidates based on score secured in the exam. In case, two or more candidates gets the same overall marks, the inter-se-merit is calculated as per the procedure given below:
- Candidate with higher marks in Mathematics gets the higher rank.
- If the tie still exist, candidates with less incorrect answers in Mathematics is awarded a higher rank.
- In the issue is not resolved, candidates with higher marks in the Aptitude test is awarded higher rank
- If the tie still persist, candidate with less number of wrong answers in the Aptitude test is allotted higher rank
- If the tie still persist, candidates’ date of birth is taken into account. The older candidate gets the higher rank
Validity of NATA 2017 Result
The validity of NATA 2017 result is only for one year. The score obtained by candidates in the entrance exam is valid only for admission in academic session 2017-18.
Normalisation of NATA 2016 score
The CoA has made an attempt to normalise the score of candidates who qualified NATA in the year 2016 and seeking admission in the academic session 2017-18. The normalisation is done in order to specify candidates’ position in the merit list for counselling purpose. The normalisation is based on statistical analysis and the decision of CoA in this regard is final.
Availability of NATA 2017 OMR Sheet
The OMR sheet of NATA 2017 along with the marks secured by the candidates in the exam was uploaded by the CoA. Candidates could request for rechecking of the machine recorded responses for the MCQ portions online until May 24 (4:00 pm). For re-evaluation of the response sheet, candidates had to make a payment of Rs. 1000 per question. No review was done for the drawing test section.
The Counselling of NATA 2017 will start tentatively in the month of June 2017. All the qualified candidates will be able to participate in the counselling of NATA as per the merit rank. The NATA Counselling will be carried out by the colleges and institutes of Architecture individually. Through NATA 2017, eligible candidates will be able to take admission into the 5 years B.Arch course offered by around 400 institutes/ colleges across the country.
For any query or doubt regarding NATA 2017 Result, drop a comment below.
Keep visiting engg.entrancecorner.com for more updates on NATA 2017