AU College of Engineering, Visakhapatnam
At present, the College of Engineering (Autonomous) consists of 12 Engineering and 4 Basic Sciences departments, totaling to 16 departments, offering 15 Under-Graduate Engineering day-time programmes and 4 UG Engineering part-time programmes; 28 Post-Graduate Engineering programmes, 1 MCA and 3 M.Sc. programmes in various departments. All the departments are also running Ph.D. programmes in different fields of research.
Year of Establishment:- 1955
1. B.E. Civil Engineering
2. B.E. Civil Environmental Engineering
3. B.E. Mechanical Engineering
4. B.E. Electronics and Communication Engineering
5. B.E. Electrical and Electronics Engineering
6. B.Tech. Computer Science and Systems Engineering
7. B.E. Metallurgical Engineering
8. B.E. Mechanical with Marine Engineering
9. B.E. Naval Architecture
10. B.Tech. Instrumentation Engineering
11. B.Tech. Chemical Engineering
12. B.Tech. Chemical Engineering with Petroleum Engineering
13. B.Tech. Chemical Engineering with Bio-Technology
14. B.Tech. Geo-Informatics
15. B.Tech. Ceramic Technology
16. B.Tech. Bio-Technology
17. B.Tech. Electronics & Instrumentation
18. B.Tech. Information Technology
Festivals in College:-
MESCON, TECHNOGRAIL etc are the different techfests organized by different departments.
Hostel facility is available to both boys and girls, though for a limited number of students. Students from outside Visakhapatnam can seek admission into the hostels by applying to the Chief Warden of the Hostels.
Both allopathic and homoeopathic medical centres are functioning on the campus. There are two allopathic medical centres, one in the North Campus and the other in the South Campus. The homoeopathic medical centre is situated next to the telegraph office.
Games and Sports
There are two play grounds, viz., The Silver Jubilee play ground and the Golden Jubilee Play ground on the campus. There is a department of Physical Education too. In addition, there is also a Gymnasium.
Support Services Available
1. Central Library
2. Computer Centre
3. Health Centre
4. Sports facilities
8. Guest Houses
9. Housing Accommodation
11. Welfare Schemes
12. Grievance Redress Cell
13. Vehicle Parking Shed
14. Non-Resident Centre
Students are encouraged to take part in the campus Beautification Programme including gardening and horticulture, and also in the Janma Bhoomi Programme and the Clean and Green Programme of the Government of Andhra Pradesh
AU College of Engineering, Andhra University,
Visakhapatnam - 530 003,
Andhra Pradesh, INDIA.
Fax : 91-891-2747969
Principal : 91-891-2844999, 2754586
Office : 91-891-284 4771
Asst. Principal : 91-891-284 4767
Asst. Principal : 91-891-284 4768
Asst. Principal : 91-891-284 4769
Asst. Registrar : 91-891-284 4770