- Member since
- Tuesday, 09 June 2009 09:38
- Last online
- 3 years ago
- Profile views
- 788 views
- if you get good college in bangalore then you should not go for nit agartala. agreed that it is an nit but it is situated in a very remote place and talking about iims giving preference to nitians its not true. Actually its kinda opposite. The iims want reduce the number of engineers in their batch and want to increase their batch diversity. so if you are an engineer, then you are automatically at a disadvantage while applying for iims .
- @all, why you brand states like orissa, chhattisgarh, west bengal etc as violent, backward etc??? I want to tell you all that the naxalite problem is only in some remote districts of these states. naxalite problem is also there in vidharbha region but that doesnt stop students from taking admission in vnit, nagpur and what about nit rourkela, It is right in the naxal corridor but still it is considered one of the best nit and now finally talking about kiit, it is situated in bhubaneswar about 350 kms away from any kind of naxal trouble. bhubaneswar is one of the most planned cities of india and currently in a phase of rapid growth. It has IIT, NISER,IOP,IMA and other top educational institutes. many private institutes like XIMB, IMI,BIMTECH, sri-sri university are also present there. CBSE has one of its regional headquarters at bhubaneswar. I still dont understand why still people call it a violent or backward city???
- amit replied to the topic Re:NIT Goa(CSE,EEE) or Amrita ECE(Amritapuri Campus) in the forums.take amrita if u want to enjoy the 4 years of college and take nit if you are ready to struggle.there would be several teething problems but there is a different charm in studying in a newly established college. you would be first ones to form different clubs and groups,decide the theme and names of various fests et al. you would be part of creating the legacy for the college.
- @navneesh why are you giving me advice on which college should i join or not? i havent asked you to give ME an opinion. anyways i have only pointed out the short comings of nits. these flaws should be taken care of if they want to improve as a college and i am repeating it that given a chance i will join nits, they are pretty good institutes but that does not hide the fact that they have flaws.
- amit replied to the topic Re: entrance corner should put a genuine ranking .. in the forums.if i am not much mistaken,couple of years back there was a list of colleges based on ranking on ec. anyways its good that ec is taking an initiative to categorise colleges. i think some methodology can be developed like they do at pagalguy which publishes rankings for mba colleges and its supposed to be pretty accurate.
anyway hats off of ec!!!!!
- Navneesh wrote:
what usha said is pretty much true for almost all the nits, even in top nits like you have to share your room with 3 other people, and food is pathetic and from what i have heard from my friends the teachers arent too great either. the only great thing is the peer group that you would be with.
"what usha said is pretty much true"
but still knowing the fact ,if you will get a chance to be get admitted in perticular NIT branch ,you will never miss the apportunity
The govt. tag & high class placement is covering all negative back ground of the institution.
so don't give weight age to environment of studies ,
give weight age to NAME / FAME / PLACEMENT.
@navneesh i respect nits and given a chance i will surely join them, but that doesnt hide the fact that nits are lagging on a lot of parameters.it does not hide the fact that still several departments in some nits dont have proper labs, it does not hide the fact that even after getting fundings of worth crores some of the nits still dont have good hostels for their students
and talking about so hyped NAME/FAME/PLACEMENT..................buddy there are people in this world who look beyond just these three things in a college like curriculum, college life and research out because ultimately you are going to study there for 4 years. placements and name come after that.
- what usha said is pretty much true for almost all the nits, even in top nits like you have to share your room with 3 other people, and food is pathetic and from what i have heard from my friends the teachers arent too great either. the only great thing is the peer group that you would be with.