MU OET 2017 Counselling – The MU OET 2017 Counselling will commence tentatively in the 1st week of June, 2017. Manipal University may have seven rounds of counselling, including one intra-institute sliding and one spot round . The first round, intra-institute sliding and spot round is physical rounds whereas rest of the rounds are online. Depending on the vacancy, an additional round of counselling may be conducted. Candidates who will qualify in the MU OET 2017 can appear for the Counselling and Seat Allotment round on the basis of their MU OET 2017 Merit Rank. Check the following article for detailed information regarding the process of Counselling for MU OET 2017.
MU OET 2017 Counselling Procedure is as follows
Eligibility Criteria for Counselling Rounds:
The candidates who fulfil the following eligibility criteria can participate in the counselling process:
- Candidate must have a valid MU OET-2017 rank
- Candidate should have passed in 10+2/A Level/IB/American 12th grade or equivalent
- examination with Physics, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects.
- Candidate should have minimum aggregate marks of 50% in Physics, Mathematics and one of the optional subjects. Minimum marks should be maintained.
- Candidates who have appeared for 10+2 /A Level/IB/American 12th grade or Equivalent board examination and are waiting for the results are also eligible for the counselling.
- Board results should be available on or before July 15, 2017.
Participating institutes in the counselling:
- Manipal University – Manipal Institute of Technology
- Sikkim Manipal University – Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology
- Manipal University Jaipur
Important guidelines before attending Counselling
- Candidate must be present physically
- Candidates must send another individual along with the authorisation letter if they are unable to attend physically on the day of MU OET Counselling 2017
- Only the candidate/representative will be allowed to enter the counselling hall.
- Candidates must fill up the registration form.
- For document verification candidates will be called in manner of their MU OET 2017 Merit List rank.
- The original documents are to be submitted on the day of orientation.
- Selected students will be allotted seats in order of their rank and seats availability.
- Candidates will be disqualified if they are not present on the particular date and time.
- The course cannot be changed or modified.
Steps of MU OET 2017 Counselling
First Round –Physical Round
Registration process for the Counselling
- Candidates who want to participate in the Counselling process have to register online.
- The registration compiles three steps- filling the application form, payment of registration fees, filling and locking the choices.
- The candidate must login on the link available on this page.
- The application number will be the Login ID and the password will be the OTBS password provided at the time of MU OET 2017 Slot Booking.
- There are a few fields which cannot be modified by the candidates, such as the application number, rank, name, date of birth etc.
Filling the Registration form for MU OET 2017 Counselling
- Candidates are advised to read the instructions carefully before filling the registration form.
- However, if a candidate wants to give an additional e-mail id and/or mobile number, it can be entered in the appropriate box.
- Enter 10+2 Board in which the candidate has appeared, such as CBSE, ICSE, State Board and others. If it is a State Board, enter the name of the State Board.
- If 10+2 Board marks are available, enter minimum marks, maximum marks and the marks secured in Physics, Mathematics and any one of the optional subjects.
- The candidates are required to send the attested scanned copies of all the documents mentioned in the list above
- To proceed for the next step, click Save/ Update.
MU OET 2017 Counselling Registration fee
- Course fee (I instalment) + Registration fee: Two separate demand drafts for Rs. 2, 59,000/- and Rs 11000/- in favour of Manipal University, payable at Manipal or Udupi. No other mode of payment will be accepted for Course Fee.
- Demand Drafts drawn in favour of Manipal University Jaipur or Sikkim Manipal University will not be accepted.
- Registration fee – Rs. 11,000/-(for new registrants)
- Two modes of payment are available for registration fee:
A. Credit card/Debit card
B. Internet banking
- After a successful payment of registration fee, the candidates will be permitted to fill their choices
- Choice filling/modifying by already registered candidates-The registered candidates can fill/modify the choices as mentioned above
B. Document Verification
The original document should be produced along with one set of photocopies. The original documents will be returned after verification. Below are the mentioned documents to be brought by the candidates during the counselling process:
- E-Hall Ticket (Original)
- 10th standard marks card as proof of date of birth (Original)
- Marks card of 10+2(Original)
- Conduct/Character certificate issued by the School/College (Original)
- Transfer certificate or School/College Leaving Certificate issued by the School/College (Original)
- Copy of PAN card of the parent
- One set of photocopies of all the above documents
- Four recent and identical passport size photographs and one stamp size photograph
Note: If the originals are not available, candidates can bring a provisional mark sheet issued by the college principal, duly attested. If the result is awaited, candidates are required to submit a letter from the college principal stating that the Board result is yet to be declared.
C. Seat Allotment
- Seats will be allotted in the order of merit as per MU OET 2017 and on the basis of the locked choices subject to availability of seats.
- Candidates can check the allotment status and current status of online counselling by logging in and if the seat is already allotted candidates will receive an email regarding the details of the Seat Allotment
- If the seat is allotted for the first time, candidates have to pay the balance course fees of Rs.2,59,000/- by : Preferably RTGS – in favour of “Manipal Academy of Higher Education” with SBI account number and IFSC code as it enables early confirmation of the payment made.
- Candidates must fill in the details such as Name of the Account holder, Account Number, IFSC code, Bank Name and Bank address in the candidate portal Or by depositing the amount with ICICI Bank, Manipal Branch – “Manipal Academy of Higher Education” with Account Number
- The Deposit slip mentioning application number on or before the last date should be sent as An Email to email@example.com or faxed to 0820-2571982.
How to upgrade the Seat Allotment:
- If the seat is upgraded, then candidates can download the provisional admission order of the upgraded seat from the candidates’ portal.
- If the candidates are satisfied with the seat allotted and do not want to participate in the counselling, have to opt out from the counselling.
- If the candidate wants to participate in the next round of counselling, they can login to the candidates’ portal and modify the choices, and click on Save/Update button.
- If a candidate does not modify their choices, then the choices given in the previous round will be considered for the next round of seat allotment.
- When the seat is upgraded as per their choice, candidates have to accept it and they have no choice of retaining the previously allotted seat.
The eligibility for waitlist is given below:
- Candidates who have taken a seat and wish to participate in second round of counselling.
- Candidates who have already registered, but haven’t got the seat in the first round.
- Candidates who are not allotted any branch and wish to waitlist for the second round can pay Rs.11,000/- as the registration fee at the document verification counter.
- Waitlist form will be made available in the waitlist counter. The candidates interested in wait listing may fill up the form by giving choices as per their order of branch preference/campus. Provision will be made for such candidates to fill choices online as per the wait-list form.
- Candidates who desire to upgrade their waitlist need to log in the link given on this page and may fill in their choices from the list given and click SAVE/UPDATE button.
- Candidates have to fill their Bank Details (Name of the account holder, A/c Number, Bank Name, Branch Address and IFSC code) in the column provided.
Second, Third and Fourth Round of Seat Allotment Online
The following candidates are eligible for second, third and fourth round of Counselling:
- Candidates who have taken the seat and want to participate in the next Round. These candidates can modify their choices.
- Candidates who have participated in the first round, have not taken any seat and opted for wait-listing in the next rounds of counselling
- Candidates who have already registered, but haven’t got the seat in the previous round/rounds. Such candidates can also modify their choices
Filling/Altering their filled Choices:
- Candidates can fill/modify their choices and the order of their preferences by log in to their Application Number as login ID and OTBS password as password. Candidates can modify their choices any number of times during the registration period of the particular round, until their choices are locked.
- Candidates are recommended to lock their choices before the deadline and take the printout. If a candidate fails to lock his/her choices within the specified time, their last saved choices will be automatically locked after the deadline.
- Candidates cannot change their choices after the given deadline.
- Candidates are instructed not to fill in the choices in which they are not interested.
Fifth round of Counselling
The following candidates are eligible for fifth round of counselling:
- Candidates who have not registered in any of the previous rounds, i.e. they are participating in the counselling for the first time.
- Candidates who have already taken their seat and wish to participate in this round will be able to modify their choices.
- Candidates who have registered and are not allotted any seat till the fourth round of Counselling.
Extra Counselling Rounds
Intra-Institute Sliding (Physical Round)
- The intra-institute sliding will be conducted if there are vacancies after the five rounds.
- In intra-institute sliding, the up gradation is possible only in the institute where the candidate has joined i.e, there is no possibility of shifting the campus.
- Candidates who have already taken the seat are not eligible for this round.
- Those who want to participate in the intra-institute sliding, have to physically report to the seat allotment centre of the institute on the specified day.
- The candidates can register for intra-institute sliding at the venue by filling their choices and locking it.
- The seat will be allotted to the candidates as per their choice, MU OET 2017 rank and vacancy.
Spot round seat allotment (Physical Round)
- The vacant seat, if any, after the intra-institute sliding will be filled in the spot round
- The following candidates are eligible for spot round:
- Those who have not registered in any of the previous rounds of counselling
- Those who have registered in any one of the rounds but have not got the seat in the previous rounds of counselling
- Those who did not pay the balance course fees after allotment of the seat
- Those who have taken the seat but withdrawn subsequently
- Those who have already taken the seat and joined the respective institute; these candidates have to vacate the seat before participating in the spot round.
- All the candidates who wish to participate in the spot round shall physically report to one of the counselling centres (Manipal, Jaipur or Sikkim campus) on the day of spot round at 9:00 am.
- The candidates should submit the documents listed above, along with a demand draft of Rs 2,70,000/- in favour of “Manipal University”, payable at Manipal or Udupi, before the registration for spot round.
- Those who have already paid the registration fee may submit a demand draft for the balance amount.
- Eligible candidates who have submitted all the documents and paid the fee will be permitted to register for spot round and the seat will be allotted as per the MU OET 2017 rank, their choice and availability of seats.
- Candidates are advised to choose their institutes and branches carefully, as there is no provision of fee refund if one chooses not to join the allotted institute.
- However, if a candidate is not allotted a seat, then the fee collected will be refunded fully.
- Those who have got the seat in the spot round have to collect the MU OET Admission order and report to the allotted institute.
Note: If there are any vacancies after the spot round, those seats will be filled based on JEE (Main) rank. Eligible candidates may report to one of the counselling centres on the day of spot round.