MHT CET 2017 Exam Pattern: The exam pattern of MHT CET 2017 gives information about various aspects of the common entrance test which was conducted by the DTE Maharashtra on May 11. In MHT CET 2017, candidates had to appear in two compulsory papers, namely, Paper I (Mathematics) and Paper II (Physics & Chemistry). Both the papers were held in the offline mode, i.e. it was a pen and paper based examination. Each paper was of 100 marks, however, the marking scheme varied for both the papers. MHT CET exam pattern includes examination mode, the total number of questions, marking scheme, duration etc. The exam pattern of MHT CET helps candidates to prepare more efficiently for the exam. Aspirants must be familiar with the MHT CET 2017 exam pattern to obtain good marks in the entrance test and to qualify for admission to various undergraduate engineering courses offered in around 360 institutes in the state of Maharashtra. To know more details about the MHT CET 2017 exam pattern for both Papers I and II, important guidelines for the exam and more read the article given below on this page.
MHT CET 2017 Exam Pattern
The Exam Pattern of MHT CET 2017 helps aspirants to prepare in a more effective way for the common entrance test. After knowing about the different aspect of the examination, they could create a more structured timetable to prepare effectively for MHT CET 2017. Candidates must go through the article given below to understand about the test pattern of the examination. All the important aspects of the Common Entrance Exam is given below:
Mode of Exam: MHT CET 2017 is a pen and paper based examination. The two papers were held in the offline mode.
Medium of Question Paper: The test was administered in three languages viz., Marathi, English and Urdu. Candidates had to choose the language according to their preference. However, the Mathematics paper was in English only.
Total no. of Papers: The entrance test consisted of two papers; Paper I and Paper II.
Type of Questions: Both the papers consisted objective type multiple choice questions. Each question had four options out of which only one option was correct.
Sections: In paper I, questions was asked from mathematics whereas Paper II had questions from physics and chemistry.
Total number of questions: Paper I had 50 questions whereas Paper II had 100 questions. In paper II, the questions were divided equally between Physics and Chemistry.
Total no. of marks: Each paper was of 100 marks. In paper II, the marks were equally divided between the two sections of physics and chemistry.
Marking Scheme: In paper I, each correct response was allotted 2 marks. On the other hand, every correct response in paper II was awarded 1 mark. No deduction was done for an incorrect answer or unattempted questions.
Duration: For each paper, candidates were granted a total duration of 1 ½ hour. Candidates had to complete the entire paper within the given period of time.
Important Instructions of MHT CET 2017 Exam Pattern
- It was compulsory for each and every candidate to carry valid MHT CET 2017 Admit Card to the examination hall. Without the hall ticket, no candidate was permitted to appear in the common entrance test.
- Candidates were provided the question paper and OMR answer sheets separately at the beginning of the examination session.
- The sequence and choice for attempting questions was according to the convenience of the students.
- All the question in both the papers were compulsory, i.e. there was no choice among the questions
- In the OMR sheet, candidates had to mark the correct answer by blackening the corresponding circle against the serial number of the question with black ball point pen only.
- Candidates were not permitted to use whitener or any other material to erase the filled circle in the OMR answer sheet.
- Candidates were not allowed to do rough work on the answer sheet. It had to be done in the blank space provided in the question paper.
- Candidates were allowed to leave the examination hall only after the examination session was over.
For any query regarding MHT CET 2017 Exam Pattern, drop a comment below.
Stay tuned to engg.entrancecorner.com for further updates on MHT CET 2017