LPU NEST 2017 has been conducted by Lovely Professional University (LPU) in online mode from April 10 to May 02, 2017. The application form of LPU NEST 2017 has been made available on November 14, 2016. However, the application form of LPU NEST has been ended. The last date for online registrations of LPU NEST was March 31, 2017.The result of LPU NEST is available from May 04. Along with the result, candidates can check their rank. To download LPU NEST 2017 result, candidates must use their name/email ID and password. The rank secured in LPU NEST is prepared on the basis of marks obtained. As per the rank secured, candidates will be called for LPU NEST counselling process. LPU NEST is the basis for admission to around 17 B.Tech seats offered by the university. For more information about application procedure, slot booking, admit card, exam pattern, counselling of LPU NEST 2017, read the article below.
Latest: LPU NEST 2017 Result declared check here
Exam Name: LPU NEST (Lovely Professional University National Entrance and Scholarship Test)
Conducting Body: LPU (Lovely Professional University)
Date of Exam: April 10 to April 30, 2017
Important Features of LPU NEST 2017
- The LPU NEST 2017 was an online entrance test and there was no Pen and Paper (P&P) Test mode.
- Candidates who applied for the exam must be eligible in order to appear in the LPUNEST 2017.
- The B.Tech aspirants will be selected based on the merit scores obtained in the exam and must meet the eligibility norms set by Lovely professional University.
- The Scholarships can be availed only by those students who will pass with 30 % marks in the qualifying (LPU NEST) exam.
- The counselling/seat allotment process was held online on the scheduled dates and was completely online process.
- It was expected that candidates must have the basic knowledge of the computer to use mouse, keyboard etc. University have not taken any responsibility to teach the students.
Programmes Offered in LPU NEST 2017
For the B.Tech candidates here are the names of all the programmes to which they have applied online.
- Electrical Engineering (EE)
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE)
- Electronics and Computer Engineering
- Biotechnology (BT)
- BT – Food Technology
- Chemical Engineering (CHE)
- CHE – Petroleum
- Electronics and Communications Engineering (ECE)
- Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Information Technology (IT)
- Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- ME – Mechatronics
- Aerospace Engineering
- Automobile Engineering (AE)
- Civil Engineering (CE)
Below are the scheduled dates for the entrance test. Candidates must keep a track for all the crucial events related to the exam so that they do not miss any one of them.
|Important Events||Scheduled Dates|
|Online Registration is available||November 14, 2016|
|Last date for filling up the Application Form for LPU NEST 2017||March 31, 2017|
|Online Slot Booking will start from||March 1 to April 05, 2017 onwards|
|LPU NEST 2017 will be held from||April 10 to May 02, 2017|
|Result will be declared on||May 4, 2017|
|Online Counselling and Seat Allocation Process||May 5, 2017, onwards|
|Admission will be done on the basis of LPU NEST 2017 scores.||May 31, 2017|
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Applicants must have completed or are appearing in the final examination of XII standard from CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education), New Delhi/ ICSE, New Delhi (Council for Indian School Certificate of Secondary Education)/ State Board, Council or institution recognised by COBSE or any other concerned head as applicable can apply for LPU NEST 2017.
- Candidates applying for B.Tech course must pass with aggregate marks of 60% in XII standard or equivalent with subjects Physics, Mathematics and English as subjects for qualifying in the entrance test.
- For candidates applying to B.Tech. Chemical Engineering (CHE), B.Tech. (CHE – Petroleum) candidates must have Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English as their subjects and also must meet the above requirements.
- To qualify in the entrance test (LPUNEST 2017) candidates must pass with scores equal or more than 30% marks.
- The top 35% Applicants for B.Tech programmes students will get the scholarship on the basis of LPUNEST 2017
The application form was available online. There were four major steps to apply for LPU NEST 2017
Step 1. Registration: Candidates had to Sign Up using their Name, a valid email id and mobile number. The Username and Password was sent to their email address as well an SMS in mobile number.Apply for LPU National Entrance Scholarship Test 2017- In this step candidates were required to register online, enter their basic details such as personal details, educational qualification, contact details etc.
Step 2. Application Fees:
- Pay the Application Fee of Rs 700/-
- Candidates need to pay by Debit/Credit/E-Wallet
Step 3. Exam Slot Booking – Candidates had to select their exam centres in order of their preferences. Candidates have to select from 133 Test Centres in India.
Step 4. Fill the admission Application Form – This step was available tentatively from 1st week of May onwards, Candidate needs to pay part payment of Rs1000/-
Note: All the fees was refunded (except Rs. 1000/-) if admission was cancelled by the candidates but for that they should have applied before last week of July 2017.
LPU NEST 2017 Exam Centres
There are 133 Exam Cities of LPU NEST 2017. Candidates have appear in the given exam cities. For the applicants first 5 exam cities with codes are given below:
|State/UT||Exam Cities||Centre Codes|
The candidates were required to book a slot for LPU NEST 2017, which has been started from March 01 to April 05, 2017. The slot booking process was done, at the time of filling the application form. After the completion of step-1 and payment process, the candidates was directed to LPU NEST slot booking window. The candidates were given two options to book a date for LPU NEST 2017. Firstly, they had to book a slot for the test themselves or secondly, the university have booked a slot for the exam on behalf of the candidate.
The admit card of LPU NEST 2017 was issued only after the completion of slot booking process. The application number as username and UTC (unique ticket code) as the password has to be submitted in the designated space to download the LPU NEST admit card. The admit card contained details like name of the applicant, exam centre address, space for photograph and signature of the invigilator. All the details has to be checked carefully. Candidates should have taken the printout of the Admit Card and kept it safely for exam and counselling/admission process. The invigilator had to put their signature on the space provided in the hall ticket.
The syllabus of LPU NEST 2017 was available for four subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics Biology and English. Candidates had covered all the topics mentioned in the syllabus and score good marks in order to qualify in the exam.
The candidates should have kept a note on all the important topics, sub topics , formulas etc so that they do not miss any one of them and attempt all the questions given in the question paper.
The LPU NEST 2017 was held in online mode from April 10 to May 02. The question paper was divided into four sections. Each section was containing 30 questions and 10 questions for English. For more details on LPU NEST 2017 exam pattern, check the table below.
|Mode of Exam||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions(MCQs)|
|Language of the Question Paper||English|
|Options for Answers||A,B,C and D (four options)|
|Total no.of Questions||100
|Exam Duration||150 minutes|
Each question will carry four marks. Candidates will be awarded four marks for correct answer
No negative marking is applicable for wrong answers or answers un attempted.
Sample Papers consisted of sample questions for the entrance test. Candidates have practiced from the sample papers to be thorough with the exam pattern as well as to score good marks in LPU NEST 2017. The sample papers gave a fair idea of the original questions and practice the type of questions that was asked in the entrance test.
The result has been declared on May 4, 2017. The merit list of the candidates will be prepared based on the scores obtained in the LPU NEST 2017 exam. Shortlisted candidates will be selected for counselling in order of their marks secured in the entrance test.The seat will be allotted after verification of the required documents.
The University will not publish any separate Cutoff List as they have set minimum marks of 30% for qualifying in the exam. Therefore candidates must score more or equal to cutoff marks in order to appear for counselling/seat allotment process and further get selected for admission.
The counselling will be held online. The candidates will be allotted their seats thereafter by verifying their documents. Any discrepancies found in the documents will lead to disqualification for admission. Candidates must produce all the necessary documents like date of birth proof(Pan card, Adhaar Card, Matriculation certificate) 10+2 certificate( in case 10+2 certificate is not available for recently appeared students it can be submitted later).Candidates must deposit the balance fee after successful verification within the specified time that will be notified by the University.
Scholarship Details for LPU NEST 2017 B.Tech course
|Tuition Fees||Rs 89500 (per semester)|
|Scholarship Percentage||Amount in Rs. (per semester)|
|90% marks in LPU NEST 2017||75000|
|Top 10% applicants appearing for LPU NEST 2017||50000|
|Next 10% (11% to 20%) applicants appearing for LPU NEST-2017||40000|
|Next 15% (21% to 35%) applicants appearing for LPU NEST 2017||30000|
Note: All the above fees will be awarded only if the candidate qualifies in LPU NEST 2017
Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar
Delhi G.T. Road, Phagwara, Punjab (India) – 144411
For General/ Admission Related Enquiry:
Toll-Free: 1800 102 4431
Candidates can contact through Emails:
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org (Admissions)
email@example.com (International Admissions)
For more upcoming updates and latest news on LPU NEST 2017 keep visiting http://engg.entrancecorner.com