IIIT Delhi has released the admission notification for the academic year of 2013 for admission in B.Tech. courses via JEE Main 2013. The applications will be made available online from 7th of July, 2013 onwards on: www.iiitd.ac.in – the official website of exam.
The IIIT Delhi 2013 Admission will be based on:
- JEE Main 2013 score (60% weightage)
- Normalized Class XII or other qualifying exam score (40% weightage)
- IIIT Delhi 2013 Admission will also involve assigning additional bonus marks as follows:
- The candidates selected for training camp in the Indian National Olympiad in Informatics (INOI) and Indian National Math Olympiad (INMO) from either region will be given 10 bonus marks.
- Top 3 selected candidates of IIIT Delhi’s Programming Contest for Schools (Procon Junior) which was conducted in October 2012 will be given 8 bonus marks as per the norms of IIIT Delhi 2013 Admission.
- Next 7 candidates will be given 5 bonus marks.
- If the candidate has qualified both of the above mentioned contests, then he/she will be assigned higher of the two marks as per the norms of IIIT Delhi 2013 Admission.
The exam aspirants have to first confirm their eligibility for exam prior applying for admissions.
Eligibility Criteria for IIIT Delhi 2013 Admission:
- Students must have obtained a minimum aggregate of 80% in aggregate and 80% in the subject of Mathematics in Class XII or equivalent exam from CBSE/ICSE/IB board.
- In case there are more than 5 subjects in aggregate, the best 5 will be considered for IIIT Delhi 2013 Admission.
- Relaxation of marks for candidates of reserved categories:
- ST/SC: 10%
- CW: 5%
- PH: 5%
- As per the norms of IIIT Delhi 2013 Admission, the candidates from any stream having Mathematics as a subject of study can apply for admissions.
- The aspirants who want to take admission in ECE under IIIT Delhi 2013 Admission must have had an additional compulsory subject of Physics in Class XII.
- Age of exam aspirants should be less than 25 years as on 1st of October, 2013.
- As per the regulations of IIIT Delhi 2013 Admission the candidates who have appeared for their qualifying exam in 2013 can also apply for admission but their final admission will be subject to their result submission at the time of counseling.
Important Dates for IIIT Delhi 2013 Admission:
- Online Form Release: 07.07.2013
- Last Date of applying online: 17.07.2013
- Merit List Display for IIIT Delhi 2013 Admission: 20.07.2013
- Counselling: 25.07.2013
- Registration and Orientation for IIIT Delhi 2013 Admission: 01.08.2013
To know more about admissions, candidates can visit official website.Discuss Your Doubts