Tolani Maritime Institute is a truly world class institute and provides an excellent training ground for Marine Engineers and Nautical Officers at its sprawling, purpose built 100 acre residential campus. TMI welcomes applications from promising individuals who want to take up the challenge and reward offered by a seafaring career.
Eligiblity Criteria for TIMISAT 2011- B. S. (Marine Engineering & Nautical Technology)
The following criteria have to be met in order to be eligible for admission into the B.S. Marine Engineering & Nautical Technology degree programme at Tolani Maritime Institute:
Male candidates born on or after 1st September 1990 are eligible to apply for the 2011 batch. In accordance with Government of India guidelines, there is a two year age relaxation for female candidates and girls born on or after 1st September 1988 are eligible to apply for the 2011 batch.
TMI encourages the participation of both sexes without discrimination.
- Marital Status
Only unmarried candidates will be considered.
- Academic Qualifications
You must have successfully completed the Senior Secondary Examination (10+2) or its equivalent with:
- At least 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (P C M), and
- At least 50% marks in English either in Class X or Class XII
The Institute has laid down detailed minimum physical fitness and medical standards. The candidate has to meet these standards to qualify for admission. You are advised to have yourself medically examined by competent doctors before applying. This will ensure that you meet the minimum requirements, which in turn will avoid disappointment at a later stage.
Note: Candidates for the B.S. Nautical Technology programme must have 6/6 vision in both eyes.
|Important Dates for TMISAT 2011 |
|Online Application Form|
|Available from||1st January 2011|
|Available from||1st January 2011|
|Submission of Completed Application Forms|
|For applicants taking TMISAT at National Centres||By 15th March 2011|
|For applicants taking TMISAT at TMI Induri||By 20th June 2011|
|TMISAT at National Centres||10th - 30th April 2011|
|TMISAT, Interview and Medical Test at TMI, Induri||Starts last week of June 2011|
|Declaration of results of admission by TMI||Starting 2nd Monday of July 2011|
|Start of academic session||Week commencing 16th August 2011|
How to Apply for TMISAT 2011- B. S. (Marine Engineering & Nautical Technology)
Brochure / Prospectus / Application Form may be obtained as follows :
1. Online through this website
- Step I : Fill the application form on this website. Last date for availability of forms - 20th June 2011.
- Step II : Print duly filled application form and send the same along with a Demand Draft / Pay Order for Rs. 850/- towards the non-refundable application and online test fees. The draft should be drawn in favour of "Tolani Maritime Institute", payable at Pune. Please write your form no. and contact details on the reverse of the draft.
- Click Here for APPLY ONLINE.
2. Offline through TMI or selected Axis Bank branches
(i) TMI Induri
- Step I : Application form will be available by paying Cash / Demand Draft/ Pay Order of Rs. 300/- drawn in favour of "Tolani Maritime Institute" payable at Pune. Last date for availability of forms - 20th June 2011.
- Step II : Duly filled application form to be sent to TMI along with a Demand Draft / Pay Order for Rs. 850/- towards the non-refundable application and online test fees. The draft should be drawn in favour of "Tolani Maritime Institute", payable at Pune.
(ii) Axis Bank Branches
- Step I : Application forms will be available at select branches of Axis Bank on payment of Rs.300/-. Last date for availability of forms - 20th June 2011.
- Step II : Duly filled application form to be sent to TMI along with a Demand Draft / Pay Order for Rs. 850/- towards the non-refundable application and online test fees. The draft should be drawn in favour of "Tolani Maritime Institute" payable at Pune.
Note: Applicants also have the option to pay the application fees of Rs.850/- in cash at any of the select Axis Bank branches and then send the form to TMI along with the counter foil (marked "TMI Office Copy") received from Axis bank on payment. Hard copy of brochure and prospectors is avaliable for Rs. 250/-.
Some Instructions regarding TMISAT 2011 Application Procedure
Necessary documents to be sent to TMI with all applications
- Printed copy of the application summary generated after an application is made through this website OR the filled offline form.
- Copies of certificates and / or mark sheets of your 10th and 12th examinations (or its equivalent) attested by Govt. gazetted officers. Applicants who have not received 12th marksheet may submit a bona fide certificate from the head of the school or college where they appeared for these exams
- Copies of your School Leaving Certificate or other certificates from the school authorities certifying your date of birth.
- Copies of certificates for sports and any other extra curricular activities, if available (from Std. VII and above only).
- Demand Draft payable at Pune for Rs. 850/- favouring Tolani Maritime Institute or the counterfoil (marked "TMI Office Copy") received from Axis Bank. Please write your form no. and contact details including mobile phone no. on the reverse of the Demand Draft or counterfoil.
Do's and Don'ts
- Each applicant must submit only one application form.
- The application form must be completed in full, in English.
- The full Name and Date of Birth entered in the application form must be same as that which appears on your School Leaving Certificate.
- Please ensure your postal address, including PIN code and telephone numbers (with STD codes) are correct and free of spelling and other errors.
- Application summary must be submitted in an envelope super-scribed with the words "Application for admission to Marine Engineering" or "Application for admission to Nautical Technology" depending on which programme you are applying for.
- Kindly keep a copy of the application for future reference.
Selection Procedure for TMISAT 2011- B. S. (Marine Engineering & Nautical Technology)
A successful career as a merchant mariner requires more than just a strong academic foundation. Other characteristics that are necessary include:
- Communication skills
- Temperamental suitability for a sea career
- Leadership qualities
- Physical fitness
- Aptitude for scientific concepts
Tolani Maritime Institute's selection process will test candidates on each of the above parameters by taking into account a candidate's 10+2 PCM marks, result of the TMI online entrance exam, performance in an interview and satisfactory medical tests.
Candidates have the option of taking either TMISAT 2011 or BITSAT 2011 (the BITS, Pilani entrance exam). Candidates who are appearing in BITSAT-2011 are exempted from appearing in the TMI online test. BITSAT score will be considered in such cases and evidence of the same will need to be provided to TMI.
A. For all eligible applications received by 15 March 2011 forMarine Engineering and 21 March 2011 for Nautical Technology:
The online test will be conducted mid April 2011 at Mumbai, Chennai, Delhi, Bangalore, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Lucknow, Ranchi, Jaipur and Dehradun. Candidates will be shortlisted based on PCM and online test marks and will be invited for interview and medical end June / early July 2011 at TMI campus.
B. For applications received between 16 March and 20 June 2011forMarine Engineering and 22 March and 20 June 2011for Nautical Technology:
Applicants shortlisted on the basis of their PCM marks will be called to TMI campus end June / early July 2011 for online test. Based on the online test marks students will be shortlisted for interview and medical during the same visit.
1. Online Test
TMISAT is an online, multiple choice, objective test of multiple choice format covering Physics, Chemsitry, Mathematics, English, Logic and analytical problem solving. The test is designed to evaluate candidates' problem solving skills, reasoning skills, language skills, general knowledge, subject knowledge, aptitude and personality traits. This test is conducted in 9 centres across India.
2. Personal Interview
Applicants are interviewed by a panel of educators and maritime professionals to assess the applicants' communication skills, leadership potential, clarity of thought, maturity and reasoning abilities. The panel also looks for any extracurricular achievements of the candidate.
3. Medical Examination
Medical practitioners appointed by the Institute will examine all selected candidates for certifying conformation with the medical requirements laid down by the Institute.
Further Information Contact Here :
If you still have any questions relating to the admission procedure or if you need addiitonal clarification on any points, please contact the TMI Admissions Office.
Switchboard: 02114-242001, 242002, 242004, 242005, 242015, 242016, 242017
For Any Exams Help Contact Here: 011-41090530
Other Related Links
- TMISAT 2011
- TMISAT 2011 Eligibility Criteria
- TMISAT 2011 Exam Pattern
- TMISAT 2011 Notification
- TMISAT 2011 Important Dates
- TMISAT 2011 FAQ's
- TMISAT 2010