Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) is the first University in Asia that offers undergraduate and doctoral courses in Space Science and Technology. The Institute is situated in Thiruvananthapuram District of Kerala State.
An assistanceship package is offered by department of space for all the B.Tech students to cover the complete cost of education, boarding and lodging. IIST now invites applications for admission to its B.Tech Programmes in Aerospace Engineering, Avionics and Physical Sciences for the academic year 2011-2012. Admission will be based on performance in the IIST Admission Test (ISAT 2011) to be conducted on Saturday, 16th April 2011 in 23 cities across the country.
Candidates for ISAT 2011 have to register online at IIST websites : www.iist.ac.in/isat2011 or http://iist.isac.gov.in/iist and follow the instruction.The facility for Online Registration will be available from 8th November 2010 to 31st December 2010.
- ISAT 2011 is open for Indian Citizens only
- Date of Birth: General, OBC category candidates should be born on or after October 1st, 1986 and others (SC/ST persons with physical disability) should be born on or after October 1st, 1981.
- Qualifying Examination(QE) – Class XII: Candidate must have passed XII standard or any equivalent examination for the first time in the calendar year 20010 or 2011. Candidates who passed the QE earlier than 1st January 2010 are not eligible to apply. Those who are expecting the results later than July 1, 2011 are not eligible to apply.
- Minimum percentage of Marks – Class XII Exam: Candidates belonging to general and OBC categories must have at least 70% in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) papers and those belonging to SC, ST and PD categories must have at least 60%.
- Minimum percentage of Marks – Class X Exam: Candidates belonging to general and OBC categories must have at least 70% in all subjects combined and those belonging to SC, ST and PD categories must have at least 60%.
- The Candidate must produce the proof of age at the time of Counselling.
- For converting letter grades/CGPA to marks in percentage, Use the norms of the concerned Board of Examination.
- Rs.600/- for candidates in general and OBC categories, Rs.300/- for SC/ST/PD and all female candidates.
- Examination fee is payble in any one of the branches of State Bank of India (SBI) or Punjab National Bank (PNB) only, by using the Challan in triplicate which is downloadable / printable on successful completion of Online Registration through the website. Fee remitted in any other form will not be accepted.
How to Apply?
The Application Process Involves :
- Online registration and submission of candidate details.
- Printing of Challan from the website given above.
- Remitting fees in any one of the branches of SBI or PNB.
- Postal submission of Institute Copy of Challan by Speed Post to ISAT office.
ISAT 2011 Important Dates
- Online Registration begins from : 8th November, 2010
- Last date of Online Registration : 31st December, 2010
- Last date for Fee Remittance : 5th January, 2011
- Last date of receipt of Institute copy of Challan : 15th January, 2011
- Date of ISAT 2011 : 16th April, 2011
Other Related Links: