KVPY 2016 Eligibility Criteria sets out certain academic standards and age limitation requirements that are to be met by every applicant who wishes to avail the Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) Fellowships. The KVPY Fellowships are intended only for Indian Nationals who wish to study in India. The eligibility criteria of KVPY has been defined under three broad categorizations viz., Stream SA, Stream SX and Stream SB. The award of the fellowship will be subject to the candidate fulfilling all the stated conditions of eligibility.
The fellowship is extended only for undergraduate courses in Basic Sciences such as B.Sc/B.S/B.Stat/B.Math/Int. M.Sc/M.S in Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Cell Biology, Ecology, Molecular Biology, Botany, Zoology, Physiology, Biotechnology, Neurosciences, Bioinformatics, Marine Biology, Geology, Human Biology, Genetics, Biomedical Sciences, Applied Physics, Geophysics, Materials Science or Environmental Science. For a detailed description of the KVPY 2016 Eligibility Criteria, candidates can check below.
Details of the KVPY 2016 Eligibility Criteria
The following is the broad based eligibility criteria of KVPY for the three different streams viz., Stream SA, Stream SX and Stream SB:
I. Stream SA
- Under Stream SA, students enrolled in Class XI (Science Subjects) during the 2016-17 academic year and have secured a minimum aggregate of 80% marks (70% in the case of SC/ST/PwD categories) in the subjects of Mathematics and Physics of the Class X Board Examination will be considered for the fellowship.
- The fellowship will be activated for students who have been selected under this stream, however, only if they join an undergraduate course in Basic Sciences during the 2018-19 academic year after having secured a minimum aggregate of 60% marks (50% marks in the case of SC/ST.PwD categories) in the Science subjects of the Class XII Board Examination.
II. Stream SX
- As per the KVPY 2016 Eligibility Criteria, under Stream SX, Class XII Science Stream students who have secured a minimum aggregate of 80% marks in the Mathematics and Science subjects of the Class X Board Examination and 60% marks in the Class XII Board Examination will be eligible for the award of the KVPY 2016 Fellowship.
- For candidates belonging to the SC/ST/PwD categories, the minimum aggregate required in the Class X & Class XII Board Examination is 70% marks and 50% marks respectively.
- Students in the second year of their study in the Cambridge International Examination Board are also eligible to apply for the Fellowship programme provided they secure the minimum qualifying marks prescribed for both the Class X & Class XII Board Examination before taking up the KVPY Fellowship if awarded.
III. Stream SB
- Under Stream SB, first year students who are pursuing an undergraduate course in Basic Sciences after having secured an aggregate minimum of 60% marks (50% marks in the case of SC/ST/PwD categories) in the final examination of the first year as well as in the Science subjects of the Class XII Board Examination will be considered for the award of the fellowship.
Students may please note that the KVPY 2016 Eligibility Criteria clearly underlines that students holding PIO/OCI Cards and intend to pursue an undergraduate program under the Distance Education or Correspondence Scheme of any University are not eligible to apply.