KVPY 2016 Exam Pattern gives a detailed description of how the Aptitude Test of the Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) Fellowship programme will be constructed. The KVPY 2016 Selection procedure is a two-stage process comprising of a written Aptitude Test and Interview. The organizing institute i.e the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore will be centrally responsible for outlining the pattern of the test. Every candidate who intends on appearing for the test is advised to review the exam pattern of KVPY in order to effectively understand the different topics from which questions will be formulated while also being able to get a clear idea of the weightage that will be given to the various topics of the aptitude test. For a more elaborate explanation of the KVPY 2016 Exam Pattern, candidates can check below.
KVPY 2016 Exam Pattern Details
For any student appearing for the Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) Aptitude Test, a clear understanding of the exam pattern is absolutely essential. The exam pattern will help candidates deduce information on various aspects of the aptitude test including the type of questions that are likely to be asked, the total number of questions that will be included in the test, the time duration that will be allowed to complete the test and the process of marking and evaluating the test. The following are some important highlights with regard to the KVPY 2016 Exam Pattern:
- The KVPY Aptitude Test is a paper-pencil based test and will be administered in both the Hindi and English languages.
- While there is no definite syllabus prescribed for the aptitude test, the test is likely to be based on the syllabi that have been specified for Class X/Class XII/First Year of B.S/B.Sc/B.Math/B.Stat/Int.M.Sc./M.S as applicable.
- The aptitude test of KVPY 2016
- is intended to assess the analytical ability of candidates rather than their factual knowledge.
- Students appearing for the test will have to attempt a total of 80 questions all of which will be in the Multiple Choice Format giving candidate four options to choose from for each question.
- The questions of the test are generally categorized into two parts viz., Part I & Part II. Part I & Part II of the Aptitude Test will further be divided into subject-wise sections of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- As per the KVPY 2016 Exam Pattern, questions included in Part I will carry one mark each, whereas questions included in Part II will be of two marks each.