KEE 2017 is conducted by Karunya University for 12 B.Tech engineering programmes. There will be no separate entrance exam, the admission will be done provisionally. The admission is expected to be held in the month of April 2017. Candidates will be selected based on their qualification marks and must meet all the eligibility norms set by the University and submit the necessary documents to the Registrar before the last date . The candidates need to submit the requisite fees and must fill their application form for admission that is available online from November 11, 2016. Interested candidates must check all the details related to the important dates, eligibility criteria, application form, selection process,etc provided on this page.
Exam Name: Karunya University Entrance Examination (KEE)
Conducted by: Karunya University.
- Karunya Entrance Examination has been changed. For the academic year 2017-18, the candidates will be selected based on the eligibility and qualification marks in their 12th Standard set by the University.
- There will be provisional admission for the candidates who will pay Rs 51,000 (Including Rs 1000/- as application form fee for admission)
- Instead of 13 courses, there will be a total of 12 Engineering Programmes to which candidates can apply for admission.
- Candidates qualifying in KEE 2017 will be able to take admission in various undergraduate Engineering courses in Karunya University, Coimbatore.
- To apply for KEE 2017, candidates have either buy the Application form online or purchase the hard copy of Application form from Karunya University Campus.
- The Examination consists of one Paper and the examination will be conducted only in offline mode.
- All the candidates must fulfil the eligibility criteria to appear in the examination.
- The KEE 2017 Admit Card will be available online for download. Candidates must download and print the admit card.
- The Result of KEE 2017 will be declared online. Candidates will need to login with their application no. and date of birth to check their result.
- The KEE 2017 Counselling will be a single window counselling.
- The seat allocation process will be based on the KEE 2017 Rank obtained by the candidates.
- The Counselling and Seat Allotment will be conducted by Karunya University.
Candidates are advised to check all the important dates of events to ensure they don’t miss out any important event of KEE 2017. Candidates can check the important dates of KEE 2017 given in the table below.
Note: The important dates are expected to be notified in few days. It will be updated as soon as the exact dates are made available.
|S no.||Event||Important Dates|
KEE 2017 Application Form and prospectus is available
|2||Last date for filled-in OMR sheet and online application form submission||3rd week of April, 2017|
|3||Availability of Admit card||2nd week of April, 2017|
|4||KEE 2017 Spot Registration||4th week of April, 2017|
|5||Karunya University Entrance Examination (KEE) 2017||4th week of April, 2017|
|6||KEE 2017 Result announcement||Last week of April- 1st week of May, 2017|
|7||KEE 2017 Single window Counselling||2nd week of May, 2017|
|Age||Candidates should not be beyond 21 years on 1st of July, 2017.|
Candidates should pass in 10+2 or equivalent examination with 50 % marks aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
Candidates must have qualified 10+2 Vocational stream and with any of the subjects related to the engineering programmes such Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry with 50% marks in aggregate.
For Bio-Technology/Bio-informatics/Food Processing and Engineering:
Candidates should qualify in 10+2 or equivalent examination with 50% marks aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Zoology / Botany / Computer Science. (Provided the candidate has not studied Mathematics in class XII or Equivalent).
- Candidates need to register with a valid email id and phone number online with the details
- Applicants will be sent their Application Number and Passcode to their registered email id.
- (Add in last) Candidates need to send their filled in Application Form of KEE 2017 to the given address.
- Application payment method can be done either online through Net Banking/Debit/Credit or offline through Demand Draft drawn in favour of “The Registrar”, Karunya University, payable at Coimbatore
- Candidates have to pay the application fee. Once the payment is made, candidates will receive the application no. and passcode through SMS/ email.
- Candidates can submit the application form using demand draft mode or through net banking/Credit card/ Debit card.
- Candidates purchasing the hard copy have to fill up the OMR sheet and post it to Karunya University. An online application can also be submitted using the pin mailer (available with the hard copy of application).
Fee structure of KEE 2017 Application Form:
|B. Tech||Rs. 1000(online)||USD 60|
Selection Process of KEE Admission 2017
- Karunya University will not conduct any separate entrance test for admission
- Candidates will be admitted provisionally based on their qualification marks in their final year examination and also based on the eligibility requirements set by the university
- Candidates have to submit the requisite amount before the specified date.
- All the candidates, however, have to appear in an entrance test during the provisional admission process.
- Their admission will be confirmed based on the scores of the entrance test and after they meet the eligibility norms.
- Candidates can also get the refund on fees provided they fill the application form for a refund.
KEE 2017 Exam Centres
The KEE 2017 will be held in multiple cities of the country. There is total no. of 58 exam centres for KEE 2017. Candidates have to make their choice of Exam centres at the time of registration. It is mandatory to choose 2 cities in decreasing order of preference. The preferences of exam centres should be unique. Candidates should be careful while choosing the exam centres as it cannot be changed later. The name of the exam centres along with their city codes is given in the table below:
|Coimbatore (Race course)||14|
|Coimbatore (Big bazar)||15|
KEE 2017 Admit Card
Candidates who have successfully registered and filled up the application form can download the KEE 2017 Admit Card once it is made available online. The Admit Card is expected to be available for download in the second half of April 2017. Candidates are advised to read all the instructions mentioned in the admit card carefully and adhere to it. Candidates can avail all important details related to the admit card below.
- Candidates can check their admit card and download it online.
- Candidates will need to login with their Application no. and date of birth to download their admit card. (Link will be provided soon)
- Candidates are advised to check all the details mentioned in the admit card before downloading it.
- In case of any discrepancy in the admit card, candidates need to mail the admission officer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Candidates are advised to keep the admit card safe as they will require to produce it at the time of examination as well as at the time of counselling and admission.
- During the examination time, candidates will need to produce their admit card to the invigilator for verification.
- Candidates without the admit card will not be allowed to appear for KEE 2017.
KEE 2017 Syllabus
KEE 2017 syllabus consists of three sections. The section wise syllabus of KEE 2017 is given in the table below.
|Physics||Electrostatics, current electricity, Effects of electric current, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current, Electromagnetic Waves and Wave Optics, Atomic Physics, Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter – Relativity, Nuclear physics, Semiconductor Devices and their Applications, Communication Systems.|
|Chemistry||Atomic Structure, p, d and f – Block Elements, Coordination Chemistry and Solid State Chemistry, Thermodynamics, Chemical Equilibrium and Chemical Kinetics, Electrochemistry, Isomerism in Organic Compounds, Alcohols and Ethers, Carbonyl Compounds, Carboxylic Acids and their derivatives, Organic Nitrogen Compounds, Biomolecules Carbohydrates, Amino acids.|
|Mathematics||Applications of Matrices and Determinants, Complex numbers, Analytical geometry of two dimensions, Vector Algebra, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus and its Applications, Differential Equations, Probability Distributions, Discrete Mathematics, Groups.|
KEE 2017 Exam Pattern
|Question type||Multiple Type Question|
|Pattern of Question papers||Part A: Mathematics Part B: Physics. Part C: Chemistry Part D: General Aptitude Part E: General Ethics/ Christian value|
|Distribution of Marks||Part A: Mathematics – 45 marks Part B: Physics – 15 marks Part C: Chemistry – 15 marks Part D: General Aptitude – 15 marks Part E: General Ethics/ Christian value – 10 Marks|
|Total Duration||2 ½ hours|
|Marking Scheme||Candidates will be awarded 1 mark for each correct answer. For every wrong answer 0.5 marks will be deducted.|
KEE 2017 Sample Paper
The Sample Paper of KEE 2017 is similar to the actual question paper. After going through the syllabus of the exam, candidates should make sure to practice sample papers. There are multiple benefits of solving sample papers. Below we have listed the importance of Sample Papers.
- Candidates will get an idea about the format of the question paper.
- Candidates will know about the marking scheme and the type of questions they can expect in the examination.
- It will help in improving the candidates’ ability to solve questions, and increase their speed and accuracy level.
- Candidates will be able to figure out their weak points and work on it.
- Candidates will gain confidence with regular practice of Sample papers.
- Candidates can solve sample papers according to their convenience.
- It will help the candidates to improve their time management skills.
Therefore, candidates should make sure to download KEE 2017 Sample Paper to prepare and score better in KEE 2017.
KEE 2017 Result
- KEE 2017 result will be announced in the last week of April 2017, tentatively.
- The result will be declared online.
- The candidates have to login with their Application no. and date of birth to view their result.
- The result will display the Rank of the candidates.
- Candidates are advised to take a print out of the result/ Rank card and keep it safe and secure.
- Candidates have to produce a copy of self-attested KEE 2017 Rank Card on the day of counselling.
KEE 2017 Cutoff
The KEE 2017 cutoff is the minimum score that the candidates have to secure to be eligible for taking admission in various undergraduate engineering courses offered by Karunya University. The Cutoff will be available after the Result of KEE 2017 is announced. Candidates whose score is less than the cutoff announced will not be admitted to any of the undergraduate engineering courses.
KEE 2017 Counselling
KEE 2017 will conduct the counselling after the result of UPESEAT 2017 is announced. Candidates can check the details about KEE 2017 Counselling in the list below:
- KEE 2017 Single window Counselling is expected to be done in the 2nd week of May 2017.
- The counselling will be done for three days.
- The counselling letter will be given to the candidates at the time of examination itself.
- The counselling will be done on the basis of the rank obtained by the candidates.
- The date and time of counselling will be sent to the candidates through SMS.
- Candidates have to attend the counselling in person. Candidates who fail to personally appear before the admission committee for counselling on the given date and time, their seats will be allotted to the next candidate in order of merit.
- Candidates have to submit all the required documents for verification at the time of counselling.
- In case, a candidate is unable to produce the required documents or if any discrepancy is found in the documents, admission will not be granted to that candidate.
KEE 2017 Seat Allotment
After the verification of documents in KEE 2017 Counselling 2017, seats will be allotted to the candidates on the basis of their KEE 2017 Result and the preferences filled by them. Candidates can select the courses based on their KEE 2017 ranking and availability of seats.T he candidates have to pay the admission fee by demand draft of Rs. 50,000 drawn in favour of “The Registrar, Karunya University”, payable at Coimbatore.
The Admissions Officer,
Coimbatore – 641114,
Tamil Nadu, India.
Mobile No. 094878 46540
Toll-Free No. 18004254300
Official Website: http://admissions.karunya.edu/