KEAM 2017 will be conducted by Commissioner of Entrance Examination, Kerala. The entrance test for B.Tech courses will be held on April 24, 2017, for Paper I (Physics & Chemistry) from 10:00 am to 12:30 pm and for Paper II (Mathematics) on April 25, 2017, from 10:00 to 12:30 pm.The registration process started on February 01 to March 09, 2017. Candidates who have registered successfully for KEAM 2017 can download the admit card from April 10 onwards. KEAM 2017 is a combined entrance test which offers admissions for various courses such as engineering, medical, agricultural etc. The entrance test will be held across 18 exam centres in Kerala, New Delhi, Mumbai and Dubai. There are more than 59,000 seats for admission to various courses. Candidates may seek all the information about KEAM 2017 from below.
Latest: Application Form for KEAM is available online
Salient Features of KEAM 2017:
- Exam name: Kerala Engineering Agricultural Medical Engineering Examination (KEAM), 2017.
- Conducted by: Commissioner for Entrance Examination.
- Candidates have to qualify KEAM 2017 to avail admission in various undergraduate engineering colleges in Kerala.
- Candidates have to register and fill up the Application Form online to apply for KEAM 2017.
The Examination consists of two Papers- Paper I and Paper II and the examination will be conducted only in offline mode.
- All the candidates must fulfil the eligibility criteria to appear in the examination.
- The KEAM 2017 Admit Card will be available online for download. Candidates must ensure to print the admit card and keep it safe.
- The Result of KEAM 2017 will be declared online. Candidates will need to login with their application no. and date of birth to check their result. No other mode will be available to check the result.
- The Rank list of the qualified candidates will be published after the result of KEAM 2017 is declared.
- The KEAM 2017 Counselling will be a single window counselling.
- The Seat allotment will be done through the Centralised Allotment Process (CAP) which will be conducted by the CEE.
- The seat allocation process will be based on the KEAM 2017 Rank obtained by the candidates.
The important dates of KEAM 2017 are mentioned in the table below. If any of the date is altered by the conducting body, we will update it.
|S No.||Event||Important Dates|
|1.||Application Form is available online||February 01, 2017|
|2.||Last date for online submission of Application Form||March 09, 2017|
|3.||Admit card will be available for downloading||April 10, 2017|
|4.||Examination date of KEAM 2017
April 24, 2017 (10:00 AM to 12:30 PM)
|5.||Result declaration||On or before May 25, 2017|
|6.||Rank list will be declared on||June 20, 2017|
|7.||Registration for KEAM 2017 Counselling||Last week of June 2017|
|8.||KEAM 2017 Seat Allotment Starts from||1st week of July, 2017|
The candidates need to register themsleves online by filling the KEAM Application Form 2017. The filled in form must be printed and should be send to the CEE along with the requisite documents. To fill the application form, the candidates need to follow the procedure given below.
- The candidates need to register first from the link provided above in the article. To register, the candidates must provide their personal details like – name, address, mobile number, email ID, password, code mentioned in the box. After filling the details, the candidates need to verify the details and must proceed for uploading images.
- In step 2, the candidates will be required to upload their scanned photograph, signature, left hand thumb impression, as per the specifications. Accept the declaration indicated infront of uploaded images and click on ‘Upload Images’ to upload all the images. Click on ‘Fill Application’ to proceed further.
- After the uploading of images, the candidates will be carried forward to step 3, in which they need to fill the application form. In the form, candidates must fill the enter the details such as- courses, choose examination centres, personal details, academic details, community reservations details (if any), details of income certificate.
- It is mandatory for the candidates to pay the application fee in online or offline mode through debit/credit cards or net banking. The offline payment can be done through e-challan by downloading the challan and deposit the cash at selected branches of State Bank of Travancore or all head and sub post offices of Kerala.
- After successful payment, the candidates will be required to take a print out of the filled in Application Form of KEAM 2017.
- The print out of the form with all the necessary documents must be send to the CEE before the due date.
Application Fee details are mentioned below:
|S. No.||Category||Amount to be paid|
|1.||For ST candidates||excluded from fee payment|
|2.||For SC candidates||Rs. 400/-|
|3.||For General candidates||Rs. 800/-|
|4.||For Dubai candidates||Rs. 12,000+Application Fee|
KEAM 2017 Participating Institutes
KEAM 2017 Participating Institute includes various Government colleges, Government controlled self-financing colleges and private colleges of Kerala. The participating Institutes will provide admission to various undergraduate engineering colleges. Candidates can check the most popular list of Participating Institutes of KEAM 2017 in the table give below:
Government/ Aided colleges:
|S no.||Name of Institutes|
|1||IDK 2 KKE Govt. Engineering College, Kozhikode.|
|2||Govt. Engineering College, Painavu, Idukki|
|3||KTE Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, Pampady, Kottayam.|
|4||PKD Govt. Engineering College, Sreekrishnapuram, Palakkad.|
|5||KNR Govt. College of Engineering, Kannur.|
Government controlled self-financing colleges:
|S no.||Name of Institutes|
|1||CEA College of Engineering, Attingal, Thiruvananthapuram.|
|2||College of Engineering, Adoor, Pathanamthitta|
|3||CEC College of Engineering, Pallippuram, Cherthala.|
|4||CHN College of Engineering, Chengannur, Alappuzha.|
|5||CEK College of Engineering, Kottarakkara, Kollam.|
Private Self Financing Engineering Colleges:
|S.No.||Name of Institutes|
|1||Aryanet Institute of Technoloty, Vadakkentekadu, Vallikkadu, Mundoor, Palakkad|
|2||Axis College of Engineering & Technology, Ambanoly, Kodakara Via, Murikkingal P O, Thrissur|
|3||Al-Ameen Engineering College, Shoranur, Palakkad|
|4||Al-Azhar College of Engineering & Tech., Perumpillichira, Thodupuzha, Idukki|
|5||Ammini College of Engineering, Kannampariyaram, Mankara P O, Palakkad College|
To check the complete list of Participating Institutes CLICK HERE (Link will be provided soon)
|Age||Candidates should complete 17 years of age as on 31st December, 2017.|
|Academics||Candidates should qualify class XII or equivalent examination with 50% marks in Mathematics separately, and 50% marks in PCM collectively. For Private Self Financing Engineering Colleges/ Government controlled self-financing Engineering Colleges (Under Management Quota): Candidates should qualify class XII or equivalent examination with 45% marks in PCM collectively.|
a. Keralite: Candidates who are of Kerala origin.
b. Non-Keralite Category I: Candidates who are not of Kerala origin but fulfill any one of the following criteria: ·
c. Non- Keralite Category II: Candidates who do not come under Keralite or Non- Keralite Category I. Such candidates are eligible for admission in Private Self Financing Engineering Colleges/ Government controlled self-financing Engineering Colleges under Management Quota.
KEAM 2017 will be held in multiple cities of the country. There are 18 cities where the examination will be held. Candidates have to choose the name of a city as their exam centre according to their preference. Candidates should be careful while choosing the exam centre as it cannot be changed later. The list of the examination centres is given in the list below.
|S. No.||Exam Centre|
- The CEE will issue the Admit Card of KEAM 2017 from April 10, 2017.
- Candidates can download it in online mode.
- To download the hall ticket, the candidates will have to enter their application number given in the application form and date of birth.
- After downloading, candidates are suggested to take a print out and preserve it. Candidates must note that without hall ticket they will not be allowed to appear in the exam.
- Invigilator will check the admit card for the identity verification purpose.
- If candidates find any discrepancy in it, they must report to the admission office before the specified last date.
The Syllabus of KEAM 2017 covers chapters from physics, chemistry and Mathematics. Candidates can check the subject wise syllabus in the table given below.
|Physics||Introduction and measurement, Description of motion in one dimension, Description of motion in two and three dimensions, Laws of motion, Work, energy and power, Motion of system of particles and rigid body rotation, Gravitation, Mechanics of solids and fluids, Heat and Thermodynamics, Oscillations, Waves, Electrostatics, Current electricity, Magnetic effect of current and magnetism, Electromagnetic induction and alternating current, Electromagnetic waves, Optics, Dual nature of matter and radiations, Atomic nucleus, Solids and semiconductor devices, Principle of communications.|
|Chemisty||Basic concepts and atomic structure, Bonding and Molecular structure, States of matter, Periodic properties of elements and hydrogen, S- Block elements and principle of metallurgy, P-Block elements, D-Block and F- Block elements, Thermodynamics, Chemical Equilibrium, Solutions, Redox reactions and electrochemistry, Chemical kinetics, Surface chemistry, Coordination compounds and organometallics, Basic principles, purification and characterization of organic compounds, Hydrocarbons, Organic reaction mechanism, Stereochemistry, Organic compounds with functional groups containing halogens, Organic compounds with functional groups containing oxygen, Organic compounds with functional groups containing nitrogen, polymers and biomolecules, Environmental Chemistry and chemistry in everyday life.|
|Mathematics||Unit I:Algebra Unit II: trigonometry Unit III: Geometry Unit IV: Statistics Unit V:Calculus|
|S.No||Total no. of papers||2- Paper I (Physics & Chemistry) and Paper II (Mathematics)|
|1.||Mode of examination||Offline|
|2.||Type of question||Multiple type questions.|
|3.||Total no. of questions||120|
|4.||Total no. of marks||480|
|5.||Total no. of sections covered in the question paper||3 – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics|
|7.||Duration||2 ½ hours|
The candidates applying for KEAM 2017 will be required to practise through old question papers, Sample Papers of KEAM 2017 to make their performance more better. Sample papers are identical to the original question papers. It will help candidates to know their preparation level for the exams. Using the sample paper, the candidates will understand the format of the questions and can calculate their estimate marks in the exam. It will make candidates aware about the important topics from the ayllabus. By practising, the candidates will be able to increase their speed and accuracy level. At the end, it will help in boosting up the confidence.
The official release of the Answer Key of KEAM 2017 will be done after the commencement of the examination. Candidates can compare their answers with that of the answer key to get an idea about their performance in the main examination. The answer key will help the candidates to cross check their answers marked with the answer key that will be published. They can calculate their expected marks and analyse their performance. Candidates can check further details about KEAM 2017 Answer Key below.
- The Commissioner of Entrance Examinations (CEE) will release the Answer Key of KEAM 2017 after the completion of KEAM 2017.
- Candidates can challenge the answer key in case they have any complaint regarding it.
- The complaint has to be submitted in writing to the CEE with supporting documents within 5 days from the date of publication of the answer key.
- Candidates have to pay Rs 100 per question through Demand Draft.
- The final decision on the Answer Key will be made by the subject expert committee constituted by the CEE.
The result for the KEAM 2017 will be declared online in online mode on or before May 25, 2017. No individual post will be sent by the CEE to the candidates. The KEAM Result 2017 will include the scores of the candidates who will qualify in the entrance examination. To check the result, candidates must enter the application number and date of birth. It must be printed and preserved by the caniddates for future references.
The Cutoff for KEAM 2017 will be released after the Result is announced. Candidates have to secure at least the minimum cutoff set by the CEE to qualify the examination. Candidates whose score is less than the cutoff announced will not be able to take admission to any of the undergraduate engineering courses.
KEAM 2017 Rank List
The Rank List of KEAM 2017 will be available online on or before June 20, 2017. On the basis of the marks of the candidates in the exam, the CEE will prepare a merit list, through which the candidates will be allotted seats. To prepare the merit list, 50:50 weightage will be given to the marks obtained by the candidates in the KEAM 2017 and the marks secure by the candidates in 10+2 qualifying examination in PCM.
Tie Breaking Resolution:
In case, two or more students obtain equal marks, the ranks of the candidates will be decided in the following order:
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Mathematics will be assigned higher rank.
- If there is still a tie, candidates obtaining higher marks in Physics will be given higher rank.
- If this does not break the tie, candidates obtaining higher standardised marks in Mathematics of the qualifying examination will be given higher rank.
- If the tie still persists, candidates obtaining higher standardised marks in Mathematics of the qualifying examination will be given higher rank.
- If there is still a tie, candidates obtaining higher standardised marks in physics of the qualifying examination will be given higher rank.
- If the resolution is not possible after applying the criterion mentioned above, candidate’s age will be taken into account and the older will be placed higher in the ranking.
After the declaration of the result and rank list, the CEE conducts the counselling for the eligible candidates to get admission to various undergraduate engineering colleges. Candidates need to register online for participating in KEAM 2017 Counselling. After the successful registration, once the candidates are informed about the date of the counselling, students have to go for the counselling in person with the required documents and participate in the seat allotment process to avail admission.
KEAM 2017 Seat Allotment
KEAM 2017 Seat Allotment will be done through the single window Centralised Allotment Process (CAP). It will be conducted by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations (CEE). Candidates will be allotted seats to various undergraduate engineering courses and colleges in the State through the seat allotment process and rank list. Candidates need to fill in their choices of courses and colleges according to their preference.
The Commissioner for Entrance Examinations
Fifth Floor, Housing Board Buildings
Santhi Nagar, Thiruvananthapuram-695 001.
Phone : 0471- 2332120, 2338487.
Official Website: http://www.cee-kerala.org/
Stay tuned to our website http://engg.entrancecorner.com/ for further updates.