KEAM 2017 Rank List – The rank list of KEAM 2017 has been published by the Commissioner for Entrance Examination (CEE), Kerala, on June 20. KEAM rank list 2017 is provided on this page in pdf format. KEAM 2017 rank list has been prepared only for those candidates who have appeared in both paper 1 and paper 2 of KEAM 2017 exam. KEAM 2017 rank list is based on score obtained in the entrance examination and in the qualifying examination. KEAM 2017 rank list will be valid until August 15, 2017. In case, two or more candidates secured the same score, the tie breaking resolution was applied to determine KEAM 2017 rank list. For inclusion in the rank list of KEAM 2017, candidates had to score a minimum 10 marks each in paper 1 and paper 2 of the entrance exam. Equal weightage is given to the scores obtained in KEAM 2017 and marks obtained in class 12 while determining the ranks of the candidates.The submission of class XII marks for inclusion in the rank list was done from May 27 to June 14, 2017 (until 4:00 pm). Candidates could submit their marks and verify the same online. In case, two or more candidates secured the same score, the tie breaking resolution was applied to determine KEAM 2017 rank list. Only those candidates with a rank are eligible to participate in the counselling for admission to approximately 60,000 B.Tech / B.E seats to be filled by around 160 engineering institutes. Interested candidates may read the article given below to know more about KEAM 2017 rank list.
KEAM 2017 Rank List dates
Candidates can check important dates related to the rank list of KEAM 2017 from the table given below:
|S.No.||KEAM 2017 Rank List Events||Important Dates|
|1.||Announcement of KEAM result||May 18, 2017|
|2.||Submission of qualifying marks for preparing the rank list||May 27 to June 14 (until 4:00 pm)|
|3.||Publication of KEAM rank list 2017||June 20, 2017|
|4.||Validity of KEAM rank list||August 15, 2017|
KEAM Rank List 2017 declared – Check here
KEAM 2017 Toppers
Submission of Class XII Marks for preparation of KEAM 2017 Rank List
Candidates who have qualified the entrance exam are required submitting the marks obtained by them in class XII or equivalent examination. Candidates have to submit the marks obtained in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry/Computer Science/ Biotechnology/ Biology. Candidates can also verify the marks entered by them online through their application number and password.
To submit/verify class XII marks for preparation of KEAM Rank List– Click here
How KEAM 2017 Rank List is Prepared?
Admission at various engineering institute through KEAM 2017 will be done as per the rank obtained by the candidates. The rank list has been prepared on the basis of marks obtained in class XII & qualifying examination. Equal weightage of ratio 50:50 is given to the score obtained in the entrance exam and the grade/marks obtained in the final year of the qualifying examination. The subject combination of qualifying examination considered for preparing KEAM 2017 rank list is as given below:
- The marks obtained in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry is taken into account for preparing the rank list
- In case, the candidate has not studied Chemistry, the marks obtained in Computer Science is considered.
- In case, the candidate has not studied Chemistry and Computer Science, the marks obtained in Biotechnology shall be considered.
- In case, the candidate has not studied Chemistry, Computer Science and Biotechnology, the marks obtained in Biology shall be considered.
Candidates can check details on the preparation of KEAM 2017 rank list below:
- The final year marks of the qualifying examination of each subject Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry/Computer Science/Biotechnology/Biology of students who have passed the subject is transformed out of 100.
- The marks of the three subjects in the qualifying exam is computed out of 300 after effecting standardization in each subject.
- The formula for standardisation from the expert committee has been set by CEE. The marks secured by a student in the qualifying examination from any Board is standardized with respect to the statistical parameters such as Global Mean and Global Standard Deviation.
- The marks obtained in the qualifying exam in the final year is calculated on the basis of the following formula:
- The scores obtained in the engineering entrance test Paper I and Paper II is calculated out of 300 and added to the standardisation Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry/Computer Science/Biotechnology/Biology
- The rank list of KEAM 2017 is prepared based on the total marks obtained out of an Index mark of 600
KEAM 2017 Rank List- Tie Breaking Resolution
In case, two or more candidates obtained the same score, the CEE used the tie breaking resolution in the following order:
- Candidates with higher marks in Mathematics has been allotted higher rank
- If the tie still exists, candidate with higher marks in Physics is given higher rank
- If there is still a tie, candidate with higher standardized marks in Mathematics of the final year of the qualifying examination is given higher rank
- If the tie still persists, candidate with higher standardized marks in Physics of the final year of the qualifying examination is placed higher in the ranking.
- If there is still a tie, the age of the candidate will be taken into account and the older candidate is given higher rank
KEAM 2017 Rank List Highlights
- Along with securing a merit position in KEAM 2017 rank list, candidates also have to fulfil KEAM 2017 Eligibility Criteria defined for admission
- Candidates should contact the Commissioner of Entrance Examination for any complaints within five days of the publication of the Rank List.
KEAM 2016 Rank List Statistics
Candidates can check the number of candidates included in the KEAM 2016 rank list based on their course of study in 10+2 level from the table given below:
|S.No.||Qualifying Examination||Total number of candidates in the rank list||Number of candidates figured in the first 1000 ranks|
|3.||HSE/ VHSE (Outside Kerala)||270||3|
Check last year’s KEAM rank list statistics displaying district wise number of applicants included in the rank list from the table given below:
|S.No||District||Total Number of Candidates in the Rank List||Number of candidates included in the top 1000 ranks|
Top 5 Rank Holders in KEAM 2016
Check the list of the top 5 rank holders of KEAM 2016 along with their score below:
|S.No.||Candidate’s Name||KEAM 2016 Rank||Total Score|
|1.||Ram Ganesh V||1||592.7919|
|3.||Ashwin S Nair||3||586.9201|
For updated information on KEAM 2017 Rank List keep visiting http://engg.entrancecorner.com/ or leave your comments below