KEAM 2017 Counselling – The centralised counselling process will be done through Single Window System for the allotment of candidates in various engineering courses and colleges. The Online Counselling Allotment Process will be held done by Commissioner for Entrance Examinations-Kerala with the technical support of National Informatics Centre (NIC). The link to fill the registration option form will be available in this article below. A candidate need to register first, to be eligible to appear in the counselling process. Only the candidates who qualified the KEAM 2017 entrance examination will be called for counselling. Candidates, while registering have to fill the preferences of colleges. The seat allotment will be done strictly on the basis of preferences chosen, the rank obtained by the candidate and eligible reservations to the candidates. If anyone fails to remit fee or join the course, he/she will be disqualified for any other allotment in any stream. This article KEAM 2017 Counselling provides all the details about the counselling procedure and seat allotment process.
KEAM 2017 Counselling Dates
To apply for the counselling process, candidates must be knowing the schedule of the counselling. The important dates of Counselling of KEAM 2017 have been given below.
|1.||Online Registration of KEAM 2017 Counselling||4th week of June 2017|
|2.||Trial Seat Allotment||4th week of June 2017|
|3.||Last Date to submit registration options online||4th week of June 2017|
|4.||Result of Seat Allotment Round-1||4th week of June 2017|
|5.||Payment of seats to confirm the allocated seats||1st week of July 2017|
Procedure of KEAM 2017 Counselling
To apply for the counselling process, candidates can follow the instructions given below.
- Candidates can either use the link provided here later or they can access the official website of CEE.
- Candidate can log on to the ‘Candidate Portal’, by clicking on the link ‘KEAM 2017-Candidate Portal’ using the Roll Number and Application Number correctly.
- Afterwards, log on to the ‘Option Registration Page’ by submitting the Key Number and Password. Key Number is 16 digit alpha-numeric code provided on the security card. It should not be disclosed to others.
Courses and Colleges available for registering
- After logging in to the Registration Page, a list of courses and colleges will appear for allotment through CAP. The course list when clicked will display the list of all the courses of the particular stream concerned.
- By entering the option number for a course-college combination, the candidate can choose their preferences. They are advised to fill the maximum number of preferences.
- All the eligible options of the candidate will be displayed on the screen. The option entered by the candidate must be saved regularly by clicking the ‘save’ button, so that the data entered by the candidate will not be lost due to unexpected reasons.
- Candidates must opt for the options which they are interested in.
- Candidates must note that the seats allotted to them will be done on the basis of preferences filled by them.
- Existing options registered by the candidates or available in the list can be cancelled by entering the number ‘0’ against the particular option.
Option Worksheet facility –
A candidate who faces problem in the registering, he/she can first take the print-out of the worksheet showing all the options they are eligible to apply for. By clicking on the ‘Option Worksheet’ or ‘Detailed Option Worksheet’ they can get a print out of the worksheet. The desired entries can be filled on this worksheet and the same entries can be filled on the website.
Review and Print-Out of the Option-List
- After complete filling the options, candidates can review it from the link provided.
- Completing reviewing the filled in options, candidates can take a printout of the form available on the screen.
- After taking a print-out candidate must log out from the Registration Page.
Before the final allotments of the seats, CEE will conduct the trial allotments of seats will be done to give an idea about the chances of getting allotments to a course and college based on options and rank of the candidate.
*Candidate must note that the Trial Allotment does not guarantee the allotment of seats in a course or college.
After the closure of allotment process, the seat allotment result will be published on the website of CEE. The printout of the list can be taken from the website. It will show the college in which the candidate is allotted a seat and fees has to be deposited by the candidate. The schedule of counselling will be notified after the Result of KEAM 2017.
Remittance of Fees
With the allotment of fees, the candidate must pay the fees at the CEE Account in the specified branches of State Bank of Travancore (SBT). The candidates who are allotted seats must pay the fees before the specified schedule. After paying the fees, the candidate must take admissions to the allotted course and college. If anyone fails in doing so, the seat will be scrapped. The candidate has to report to the allotted candidate for the document verification also.
Admission to the courses
The candidates allotted the courses and colleges and have paid the fees for admission should take admission tot he allotted college before the scheduled time. Candidates who do not take admission will lose their allotment as well as claims in all the streams.
Online Confirmation of Seat
Candidates who are having the valid options and willing to take part in the subsequent round of counselling can log in to the Option Registration Page and ‘Confirm’ the seat. Candidate can delete their selected options or can alter the options only after the Online Option Confirmation.
Reporting to the College
After the Online Confirmation of Seats, candidates who are allotted seats must report to their allotted college with the required documents. The candidates must report to the specified date and time before the Principal/Head/Dean of the college, who is concerned for admission. The documents that need to be carried are:
- KEAM 2017 Admit Card
- Proof for Date of Birth
- Transfer Certificate from the last attended school/college
- Character Certificate from the institute last attended
- 10+2 or equivalent Mark Sheet and Pass Certificate (both original and photocopy)
- Eligibility certificate from any University in Kerala (excluding candidates who have passed from HSC/Vocational Higher Secondary Examination conducted by Kerala or by CBSE and CISCE)
- Migration Certificate
- Physical Fitness Certificate
- Fee Receipt
- KEAM 2017 Score Card
- Allotment Memo issued by CEE
- And other documents required by the Institution.
Cancellation of Higher Options after Joining
Candidates who joined the college on the specified date and date with document verification cancelled their remaining options fully or partially or change the priority of their remaining options before scheduled time and date.
This article is based on previous year’s data. It will be updated as soon as more information on KEAM 2017 Counselling will be announced officially.