KCET 2017 Seat Allotment – The process of Seat Allotment of KCET 2017 will be online. The allotment will be done during the counselling, which will begin from the 1st week of July 2017 by Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA). The seat matrix will be issued by the government and the seats will be allocated on the basis of the Rank in KCET 2017. The KCET 2017 Seat Allotment result will be announced in all the three rounds of counselling. In each round will consist of three phases and in it, the KCET Seat Allotment for candidates belonging to various categories will done. After every round of seat allotment, candidates will have to choose an option for the confirmation or rejection of seat. Read more details on KCET 2017 Seat Allotment from the article below.
KCET 2017 Seat Allotment – Procedure
After the last date of filling the options, candidates will be allotted seats as per the matrix through Online mode. Candidates can check the entire procedure of Seat Allotment of KCET 2017 below.
First Round of Seat Allotment of KCET 2017
- The computer based seat allotment will begin with the Special Category Seats for Physically Handicapped, NCC and Sports Category candidates. 3% seats in all government, aided and unaided private engineering colleges will be reserved for the PwD candidates.
- NCC candidates holding preferences 1 to 8 will be allotted under NCC quota and Sports category candidates holding preferences 1 to 5 will be allotted seats under sports quota as per the merit.
- However, for engineering courses, the candidates under Supernumerary Quota will be eligible.
- General Merit Category candidates will be eligible for General Merit Quota. The admissions will be strictly done on the basis of the rank list.
- All the candidates under Reserved category candidates will be first allotted seats in general merit as per their merit and options filled by them. After the General Merit seats will be consumed, the candidates will be allotted seats under their respective category.
- Defence, Ex-Defence, Scouts & Guides, CAPF, Ex-CAPF category candidates will be first allotted seats under General Merit category, if the seats will not be available, then it will be allotted in reserved category, and in the case of unavailability of seats, they will be allotted seats under Special Category Quota.
1st Phase of Seat Allotment–
- The computer will allot seats in the specified order as per the authority in the 1st phase of seat allotment.
- In the 1st phase, if the seats are allotted will automatically get cancelled, if the seat will be allotted in any other subsequent round.
- The seat allotment will stop as soon as last seat and last rank will be allotted.
2nd Phase of Seat Allotment of KCET 2017
- In this phase, the seats will be allotted in the particular order as in phase 1.
- After the completion of the 1st phase of seat allotment, the remaining unfilled seats under Rural and Kannada Medium quota reserved categories will be converted into the General reserved categories. The list of Kannada ad Rural categories converted to General reserved categories are shown in the table below.
|S.No.||Kannada and Rural Category||General Reserved Category|
|1.||SCR & SCK||SCG|
|2.||STR & STK||STG|
|3.||1R & 1K||1G|
|4.||2AR & 2AK||2AG|
|5.||2BR & 2BK||2BG|
|6.||3AR & 3AK||3AG|
|7.||3BR & 3BK||3BG|
In this phase, only reserved category candidates will be eligible for allotment of seats and General Merit & Supernumerary Quota candidates will not be considered.
3rd Phase of KCET 2017 Seat Allotment
- In this phase, the remaining unfilled seats under reserved general Categories, with reserved special category seats, will be converted to the General Merit category and will be offered to the General Merit candidates.
- The order of seat allotment will remain same as the first and second round of counselling.
- After the allotment of the last seat and last rank the in each course, the seat allotment of KCET 2017 will be stopped.
Confirmation/Rejection of Seat
After the first round of Seat Allotment of KCET 2017, candidates will have to choose any of the 4 choices for the confirmation/rejection of seats.
Choice 1– This choice can be selected, if the candidate is satisfied with the seats allotted to them. The candidates will download the Challan in the form of Triplicate. On the Challan, the details of the candidates, as well as bank account details, will be printed. The candidate will pay the fees to the nearest bank. The bank will return the candidate copy to the candidate. After one hour of the payment, a candidate can download the Admission order from the website.
Choice 2– If the candidates are satisfied with the seat allotted to them but wish to participate in the next rounds for higher options. If the higher option seats will not be allotted, the allotted seat will remain in the favour of the candidates. Such candidates will be eligible to appear in the next round of counselling.
Choice 3– If the candidate is not satisfied with seat allotted to him/her, but wish to participate in the subsequent round of counselling with the same entered options, he/she can choose this option. Such candidates will be allowed to participate in the next round of KCET 2017 Counselling by rejecting the seat.
Choice 4– If the candidate is not satisfied with the seat and will get a seat in any other college, those candidates can select this option. They will not be allowed in any other round of counselling.
Note: If the candidate fails to select any of the choices for the seat allotment, the seat allotted to him/her will automatically get cancelled.
Second Round of KCET 2017 Seat Allotment
- After the completion of 1st round of seat allotment, the unfilled/ surrendered/ cancelled/ forfeited/ newly added candidates will be allotted seats as Casual Vacancies.
- All the other candidates who will choose Choice 2 and Choice 3 in the first round can also participate in this round of seat allotment of KCET 2017.
- The option to register again or submit the preference again, for the course and colleges, will not be provided.
- The allotment will be done as same as the first round.
Confirmation/Rejection of Seat
After the KCET 2017 Seat Allotment Round 2, candidates will have to choose the options for confirmation or rejection of the seat.
- Choice 1– If candidates will be satisfied with the seat, they can remit the prescribed fee same as the steps followed in Round 1. Any candidates who will select the Choice-1 and download the Admission order and wish to surrender the seat, must inform the Helpline centre about the same. The fee will be refunded after deducting Rs. 5,000/- as a processing fee till the last date of filling of options.
- Choice 2– If the candidates are satisfied with the allocated seat and will pay the fees allocated for the particular seat, but willing to participate in the next round for better and higher options. Such candidates will be eligible to participate in the next round of KCET Seat Allotment 2017 after the payment of seats. After payment candidate wants to surrender the seat, the candidate must inform the Helpline centre before the last date of entry of options of the second extended round. Deduction of Rs. 5,000/- will be done and rest of the fees will be refunded.
- Choice 3– The candidate not satisfied with the seats in this round and wish to participate in the next round of counselling.
- Choice 4– Candidates who wish to quit from the admission process. Such candidates will not be allowed to participate in the subsequent rounds of counselling.
Second Extended Round of KCET 2017 Seat Allotment
- After the completion of second round of seat allotment, the unfilled/ forfeited/ surrendered/ cancelled/ newly added seats will be offered as Casual Vacancies.
- All the candidates selected Choice 2 and Choice 3 will be eligible for the seats.
- The candidates participating in this round, will be seeking a better seat.
- If the candidates will not be allotted seat in this round, the seat allotted to them in earlier rounds will get confirmed.
- Candidates can modify/ alter/ re-order the priority of options.
- Candidates who failed to choose any choice for the confirmation/rejection of seats will not be allowed to appear in this round.
- Candidates who were allotted seats in Round 2, but failed to make the payment will also be allowed.
- Candidates who failed to download the Admission order after choosing Option 1, will not be allowed for the seat allotment.
Confirmation/Rejection of Seat
- There will be no choice to exercise to the candidates.
- Candidates who will be allotted seats are required to pay the prescribed fees and will have to report to the colleges. The candidates will also have to login to KEA for confirmation of seats or else they will lose their allotted seats.
- If any candidates fail to report to the allotted college in the second round of allotment, legal action will be initiated against such candidate.
- If fee paid in the earlier rounds will be adjusted for the seat in this round.
Withdrawal of seats
- If any candidate will be allotted seats in the first or second round and who will report to the college, wished to surrender/cancel the seats before the filling of courses for Second Extended Round, the university will deduct Rs. 5,000/- as a processing fee and remaining fee will be refunded.
- If a candidate who will be allotted seat first and second round and will report to the college or not, surrenders the seat after the completion of second extended round, the entire fee will be forfeited.
- The candidate who surrenders the seat allotted in the second extended round, the university will forfeit the entire fee.
- No surrender or cancellation will be accepted, if the original admission order issued by the KEA, Original Bank Challan, Green Card and Original Verification Slip will not be returned by the candidate.
- If a candidate will not surrender/ cancel or fails to join the allotted college even after completion of Second Extended Round, the KEA will forfeit the entire fee amount of the candidate.
- If a candidate reports to the college and later leaves the college, he/she will have to surrender the seat back to KEA only. Karnataka Examination Authority will have to check that the Government Quota seats will be available to all the meritorious candidates. Therefore, candidates must surrender the seat.
Insofar, the article is based on previous year’s information brochure. Candidates can keep following, http://engg.entrancecorner.com/ for more information on KCET 2017 Seat Allotment.