KCET 2017 Reservation of Seats: As per government regulations, a definite number of seats are reserved for candidates belonging to certain categories. Students belonging to SC/ST/OBC categories, Physically Disabled category, Defense category etc are applicable for reservation. Candidates may avail the benefit of KCET 2017 Reservation of Seats when applying for admissions to the various Professional Educational Institutions in the state of Karnataka. In order to receive the benefit of reservation, candidates will be required to produce their respective valid supporting documents in the prescribed format. Scroll down and read the article given below on this page for all the relevant information regarding KCET 2017 Reservation of Seats
KCET 2017 Reservation Criteria
The Reservation of Seats of KCET 2017 is subject to the fulfillment of the Eligibility Criteria of KCET 2017. The reservation criteria for different categories are as follows:
Reservation for N.C.C. Special Category:
- Candidates must have participated in Republic Day Camp conducted by the Director General of NCC, New Delhi.
- Students must own a ‘B’ Certificate received during the five years of learning in the state of Karnataka between 8th and 12th standards. The benefit of reservation will also be extended to candidates who have participated in camps such as the All India Thal Sainik Camp (Boys)-TSC, All India Thal Sainik Camp (Girls)-TSC, All India Vayu Sainik Camp etc.
Reservation for Sports Special Category:
- Candidates must have won medal/ cups in Super- A, A- Games, games during the five year period of study in Karnataka between 8th and 12th standards.
- Candidates must have won medals/ cups in ‘B-Games’ and represented the state of Karnataka and participated in the Super- A Games or A- Games during their five year study in Karnataka between 8th and 12th standard.
Reservation for Scouts & Guides Special Category:
As per the KCET 2017 Reservation Criteria, candidates must have received the ‘President’s Award’ during five- year period of study in Karnataka between class 8 and 12 can apply for reservation provided that they submit the “President’s Award” certificate at the time of verification of documents .
Reservation for Defence Category:
- Ward of defence or personnel belonging to Civil, GT, COYS, ASC who are civilian Class ‘III’ or class ‘IV’ Government servants and ‘Border Roads Organisational Personnel’ can apply for reservation.
- Son or daughter of Ex- Defence personnel are also eligible for reservation
Reservation for Physically Disabled Category:
Candidates with above 40% physical disability are eligible for KCET 2017 Reservation of Seats. Such candidates will have to appear for a separate medical examination at the KEA Office in Bangalore before they claiming reservation under this category.
Reservation for Anglo-Indian Category:
Candidates from the Anglo-Indian community claim reservation provided they have a certificate issued by the Registered Association of the Anglo-Indian community in the State of Karnataka which has been countersigned by the Anglo-Indian MLA Nominated by the Government. Candidates have to submit their valid documents at KEA office in Bangalore.
Reservation for Central and Ex- Central Armed Police Force:
Candidates must produce a certificate from the Record Office of the CAPF in which it is mentioned that the parent of the candidate had declared a place in Karnataka as his hometown at the time of joining the service.
Reservation for Reserved Category Candidates:
Candidates belonging to Scheduled caste, Scheduled tribe and other backward classes of citizens under categories 1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B can avail the benefit of KCET 2017 Reservation of Seats. Candidates have to produce ‘Caste Certificate/ Caste Income Certificate’ issued by the concerned Jurisdictional Tahasildar at the time of document verification.
Reservation for Rural Candidates:
The Government of Karnataka reserves 15% of the seats horizontally in favour of rural candidates who have studied for 10 full academic years from Class 1 to class 10 in educational institutions in the state of Karnataka.
Reservation for Kannada Medium Candidates:
In favour of Kannada medium candidates, 5% of the government seats is reserved horizontally provided that they have studied ten full academic years in Kannada medium from Class 1 to class 10.
Reservation for Ward of Jammu & Kashmir Migrants:
One seat in Engineering colleges, irrespective of course is reserved for candidates who is a ward of Jammu & Kashmir migrants
Reservation in favour of Article 372 (j) Hyderabad, Karnataka:
- 70% of the available seats in every course in any regional University or educational institution is reserved for local persons.
- 8% of the available seats in every course of study in a state wide university or a statewide educational institution will be allocated among the local candidates of the Hyderabad- Karnataka region.
For any query on KCET 2017 Reservation of Seats, leave a comment below.
Keep visiting entrancecorner.com for more updates on KCET 2017