KCET 2017 Counselling – The counselling of KCET 2017 is conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA). Candidates who wish to participate in KCET counselling have to report at the helpline centre for Verification of document which commenced from June 05. The last date to verify the documents in the helpline centre has been further extended to June 23, 2017 (6:00 pm). KCET 2017 counselling includes registration, verification of documents, entry of option, seat allotment etc. The option entry for KCET counselling 2017 has begun from June 14 onwards. The selection of institutes and courses and seat allotment is done in online mode whereas the verification of documents is being carried out in offline mode. To participate in the counselling of KCET, it is mandatory for all the candidates to verify their documents at the helpline centre after which they will be provided with a verification slip and a secret key. Candidates have to use the secret key for entry of options, change of options and printing of allotment details. After the entry of options are completed, the mock seat allotment will be carried out for candidates to revise, update add or delete the already entered options. Through KCET counselling 2017, candidates will be able to take admission into 38 B.E/B.Tech courses offered by around 220 engineering institutes in the state of Karnataka. To know more information on KCET 2017 counselling read the article given below on this page.
KCET 2017 Counselling Dates and Schedule
As per official notification, the schedule for the 1st round of KCET counselling 2017 has been revised. Check all the important dates pertaining to the counselling of KCET 2017 given below in the table:
|S.No.||KCET 2017 Counselling Events||Date and Time|
|Round 1||Round 2||Extended Round 2 (if required)|
|1.||Document Verification||June 05 to 23, 2017 (6:00 pm)|
|1.||Display of Seat Matrix and Fee Structure – for all disciplines||June 13, 2017 (after 4:00 pm)||July 04, 2017 (after 11:00 am)||July 17, 2017 (after 11:00 am)|
|2.||Option Entry by eligible candidates||June 14 (11:00 am) to 22, 2017 (11:00 am)||July 04 (8:00 pm) to 07, 2017 (10:00 am)||July 17 (5:00 pm) to 19, 2017 (10:00 am)|
|3.||Publication of Mock Allotment Results||June 23, 2017 (after 4:00 pm)||–||–|
|4.||Provision to change options if any by candidates||June 23 (8:00 pm) to 24, 2017 (6:00 pm)||–||–|
|5.||Publication of Real allotment Result||June 25, 2017 (after 4:00 pm)||July 08, 2017 (after 2:00 pm)||July 20, 2017 (after 2:00 pm)|
|6.||Confirmation of Choices on Allotment, Payment of Fees and downloading of admission order||June 27 to 30, 2017||July 10 to 12, 2017||July 21 to 24, 2017|
|7.||Last date for reporting the colleges.||June 30, 2017 (before 5.30 pm)||July 13, 2017 (before 5.30 pm)||July 24, 2017 (before 5.30 pm)|
KCET 2017 Counselling Schedule for Certificate Verification
|Date||9:15 am-11:00 am (Reporting time- 8:30 am)||11:15 am-1:15 am (Reporting time- 10:15 am)||2:00 pm-4:00 pm (Reporting time- 1:00 pm) 1.00 p.m.||4:15 p,m-6:15 pm (Reporting time- 3:15 pm)|
|June 05, 2017||001-150||151-300||301-450||451-700|
|June 06, 2017||701-1200||1201-1700||1701-2100||2101-2500|
|June 07, 2017||2501-3300||3301-4100||4101-4600||4601-5000|
|June 08, 2017||5001-6500||6501-8000||8001-9000||9001-10000|
|June 09, 2017||10001-12000||12001-14000||14001-15000||15001-16000|
|June 10, 2017||16001-18500||18501-21000||21001-23000||23001-24000|
|June 12, 2017||24001-26500||26501-29000||29001-31000||31001-32000|
|June 13, 2017||32001-34500||34501-37000||37001-39000||39001-40000|
|June 14, 2017||40001-43000||43001-46000||46001-48500||48501-50000|
|June 15, 2017||50001-53000||53001-56000||56001-58500||58501-60000|
|June 16, 2017||60001-64000||64001-68000||68001-71000||71001-72000|
|June 17, 2017||72001-75000||75001-78000||78001-80500||80501-82000|
|June 19, 2017||82001-87000||87001-92000||92001-95000||95001-96000|
|June 20, 2017||96001-101000||101001-106000||106001-108000||108001-11000|
|June 21, 2017||110001-116000||116001-Last rank|
KCET Mock Allotment Result
|KCET Mock Allotment||Download link|
|Engineering Cutoff -(General)||Click here|
|Engineering Cutoff – (Hyd-Kar)||Click here|
Click here to check the list of candidates who verified their documents at KEA
Documents Verification Schedule for Physically Disabled, NCC (preference 1 to 7) & Sports (preference 1 to 4) Candidates
|Date||Special Category||Type of Verification||Venue|
|June 1, 2017||Physically Disabled||Medical Examination – FROM 11:00 am onwards||
Karnataka Examinations Authority, 18th Cross, Sampige Road, Malleshwaram, Bangalore – 560 012
|June 2, 2017||N.C.C.||NCC Document verification for preference 1 TO 7 candidates only – From 11:00 am onwards (Only ‘B’ Certificate Holders i.e., 8th Preference need not attend this verification process)|
|June 3, 2017||Sports||Sports Document Verification for Preference 1 to 4 candidates only – From 11:00 am onwards(Only ‘National Participants’ i.e., 5th preference need not attend this verification process)|
Documents to be furnished by the candidates
Following documents will be submitted by the candidates at the time of document verification.
- The printout of Online KCET 2017 Application Form
- Original copy of Challan as proof of payment of fees
- Xth standard Mark Sheet
- XIIth class Mark Sheet
- Study Certificate signed by concerned BEO/DDPI
- Two recent Passport size photographs
- KCET 2017 Admit Card
- Medical Certificate for PwD candidates
- Valid Caste Certificates (SC/ST/Other Reserved Category Candidates)
Procedure of KCET 2017 Counselling
Candidates can check the entire procedure of counselling from the steps given below.
Verification of Documents
- Candidates have to register and verify all their important documents by reporting at the assigned helpline centre. The list of Helpline centres is provided below on this page
- Before reaching to the verification centre, candidates must confirm their rank ranges, date and time of the verification from the table given above
- Candidates must bring the required documents in original with one set of attested photocopies and two passport size photographs.
- After verification, the original documents will be returned to the candidates and the set of photocopies will be retained by KEA.
- An acknowledgement card and a verification slip will be issued to the candidates.
- After the verification of documents will be done, candidate’s eligibility in different criteria will also be will be verified on the same day.
- The verification slip will be issued to the candidates mentioning the details of the candidates, documents verified, caste category, merit rank of the candidates and other details will be mentioned in the verification slip.
- If any candidate fails to produce any of the document, the document verification of the candidate will not be done and he/she will not be allowed to participate in the KCET 2017 Counselling process
Filling of Options- Click here
- To fill and lock choice of institutes and courses, candidates have to click on the link given above through their allotted User ID and Password.
- Candidates must go through the seat matrix provided above on this page which has been released by KEA
- Only candidates who become eligible after document verification can enter their choices.
- From the seats available at the time of entry of options, candidates can enter the course/college of their choice.
- If the candidate is eligible for multiple disciplines, i.e. both Medical/Dental and Engineering or for Medical/Dental and Farm Sciences can select all in the same form.
- There is no limit of entering of options. The candidates can enter any number of options as they want to.
- It is advised to the candidates to write the number of courses they will appear for the courses and discuss them with parents/guardians.
- After submission of colleges and courses., candidates will be needed to click on ‘Submit’ and log out from the page.
Seat Allotment Process
- The seat matrix issued by the government will be followed for the allotment of seats. College-wise, Category-wise and Course-wise seat matrix will be hosted by the government on the website of KEA.
- The KCET 2017 Counselling will be held in three rounds- First Round, Second Round, and Second Extended Round.
- The Seat Allotment will be done on the basis of merit based on the priority of options.
- During the first round of Counselling for KCET 2017, the seat allotment for Special Category seats for Physically Disabled, NCC and Sports Category will be done.
- After the first round of seat allotment, the unfilled/surrendered/cancelled or newly added seats will be offered as Casual Vacancies. The allotment will be the same as the first round.
- After the second round of Counselling of KCET 2017, if the seats remain vacant, the unfilled/cancelled/newly added seats will be offered seats as Casual Vacancies.
Confirmation of seats
After every round of Counselling of KCET 2017, candidates will have to confirm their seats by choosing any of the four choices:
- Choice 1– If the candidate will be satisfied with the college and course offered to them. The candidates will have to ensure that they will pay the fees by downloading the bank challan from the website and will have to report to the KEA that they have accepted the seats. The candidates will not be allowed to participate in the subsequent rounds of KCET Counselling 2017.
- Choice 2– If the candidate will be satisfied but wish to participate in the other round of counselling. If the higher options will be allotted then the seats allotted before will automatically get cancelled.
- Choice 3– If the candidates will not be satisfied and wish to participate in the other rounds of counselling of KCET 2017 with all the already entered options. Such candidates will be eligible to participate in the subsequent rounds of counselling by rejecting the allotted seat.
- Choice 4– If the candidates will be granted admission in other university and will not be satisfied with the seat and want to quit the KCET 2017 Counselling process. Such candidates will not be allowed to participate in subsequent rounds of KCET Counselling 2017.
KCET 2017 Counselling- Help Line Centres
Verification of documents for KCET counselling 2017 will be done in 16 Help Line Centres (HLCs). Candidates may check the name of HLCs where candidates have to report for document verification from the table below:
|S.No.||Name Of Helpline Centre for Document Verification||Place|
|01||Karnataka Examinations Authority
18th Cross, Sampige Road, Malleswaram, Bengaluru‐560012
|Bengaluru (Head Office)|
|02||Bapuji Institute Of Engineering & Technology Pb No. 325, Shamanur Road, Davanagere‐577004.||Davanagere|
Fort Hospet Road, Bellary‐ 583 102
|04||College Of Agricultural University Lingsaur Road, Raichur‐584 104.||Raichur|
|05||Pda College Of Engineering Aiwan‐E‐Shahi Area , Kalburgi||Kalburgi|
|06||B L D E A’s V.P. Dr. P. G. Hallakatti College Of Engineering & Tech Ashram Road, Vijaypur‐586 103||Vijaypur|
|07||Jain College Of Engineering,
5999/2, T.S Nagar, Hunchanatti Road, Machhe, Belgaum – 590014.
|08||Sri Dharmasthala Manjunatheswra College Of Engineering, Dhavalagiri, Dharwad‐580 002.||Dharwad|
|09||Girijabai Sail Institute Of Technology,
Utkagali, Adj. To Border Check Post Nh 17, Majali Village, Karwar‐581345.
|10||Sahyadri College Of Engineering And Management, Adyar, Mangalore ‐575007||Mangalore|
|11||Jawaharlal Nehru National College Of Engineering, Navula, Savalanga Road, Shimoga 577 204.||Shivamogga|
|12||Government Engineering College,
Opp. Diary Circle, B.M.Road, Hassan‐573 201
|13||Vidya Vardhaka College Of Engineering, 3rd Stage, Gokulum, Mysore ‐ 570 002.||Mysore|
|14||Siddaganga Institute Of Technology Campus Department Of Mba, Tumkur||Tumkur|
|15||Gurunank Dev Engineering College Mailoor Road, Bidar||Bidar|
|16||Shree Jagadguru Gavisiddheshwar Ayurvedic Medical College Gavimath Campus, Koppal‐583 231||Koppal|
Keep visiting, http://engg.entrancecorner.com/ for the latest information on KCET 2017.