KCET 2017 Counselling – The admission into UG engineering courses, offered by the various institutes in Karnataka, will be granted through KCET Counselling, which will start tentatively from 1st week of June, 2017. The counselling will be held by Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA), for those candidates who will qualify KCET 2017. To be eligible for the Counselling of KCET, the candidates will have to register themselves first. The candidate will be required to report to the most convenient helpline centre for registration or apply online. The counselling will include document verification, filling of options by the candidates, process of seat allotment, payment of the course’s fee after the allotment. Read more details about the KCET 2017 Counselling procedure in the article below.
KCET 2017 Counselling Dates and Schedule
The Counselling of KCET 2017 will be held on 1st week of June, 2017. Candidates can check the tentative dates of KCET 2017.
|1.||Registration Date||1st week of June 2017|
|2.||Document Verification||1st & 2nd week of June 2017|
|3.||Filling of Options by the candidates||3rd week of June 2017|
|4.||Seat Allotment Process||4th week of June 2017|
|5.||Seat Confirmation by the candidates||1st week of July 2017|
|6.||Remittance of Fees and Reporting to the allotted college||2nd week of July 2017|
Procedure of KCET 2017 Counselling
Candidates can check the entire procedure of counselling from the steps given below.
- Any candidate who will be assigned a rank in the KCET 2017 will have to report to the nearest helpline centres or the most convenient helpline centre for registration.
- Candidates will have to register their KCET number in the computer system to register themselves.
- Candidates will be briefed about the counselling process. It will be like a training class for the candidates to familiarize them with the about the seat allotment process.
Verification of Documents–
- After registration will proceed for the document verification process. Therefore, candidates will have to carry their original documents with them at the helpline centre.
- The verification schedule has not been announced yet. Once it will be announced, it will be provided here.
- Before reaching to the verification centre, candidates must confirm their rank ranges, date and time of the verification.
- Candidates must bring the required documents in original with one set of attested photocopies and two passport size photographs.
- After verification, the original documents will be returned to the candidates and the set of photocopies will be retained by KEA.
- An acknowledgement card and a verification slip will be issued to the candidates.
- After the verification of documents will be done, candidate’s eligibility in different criteria will also be will be verified on the same day.
- The verification slip will be issued to the candidates mentioning the details of the candidates, documents verified, caste category, merit rank of the candidates and other details will be mentioned in the verification slip.
- If any candidate fails to produce any of the document, the document verification of the candidate will not be done and he/she will not be allowed to participate in the KCET 2017 Counselling process.
Filling of Options –
- By entering the preparatory information in the specified URL, the option entry page will be displayed. One has to enter the Secret Key ad Valid Password.
- The Engineering discipline, the form will display the list of all the engineering courses.
- After the seat matrix available by the Government, the candidates can begin the entry of options.
- Only candidates who become eligible after document verification can enter their choices.
- From the seats available at the time of entry of options, candidates can enter the course/college of their choice.
- If the candidate is eligible for multiple disciplines, i.e. both Medical/Dental and Engineering or for Medical/Dental and Farm Sciences can select all in the same form.
- There is no limit of entering of options. The candidates can enter any number of options as they want to.
- It is advised to the candidates to write the number of courses they will appear for the courses and discuss them with parents/guardians.
- After submission of colleges and courses., candidates will be needed to click on ‘Submit’ and log out from the page.
Seat Allotment Process-
- The seat matrix issued by the government will be followed for the allotment of seats. College-wise, Category-wise and Course-wise seat matrix will be hosted by the government on the website of KEA.
- The KCET 2017 Counselling will be held in three rounds- First Round, Second Round, and Second Extended Round.
- The Seat Allotment will be done on the basis of merit based on the priority of options.
- During the first round of Counselling for KCET 2017, the seat allotment for Special Category seats for Physically Disabled, NCC and Sports Category will be done.
- After the first round of seat allotment, the unfilled/surrendered/cancelled or newly added seats will be offered as Casual Vacancies. The allotment will be the same as the first round.
- After the second round of Counselling of KCET 2017, if the seats remain vacant, the unfilled/cancelled/newly added seats will be offered seats as Casual Vacancies.
Confirmation of seats–
After every round of Counselling of KCET 2017, candidates will have to confirm their seats by choosing any of the four choices:
- Choice 1– If the candidate will be satisfied with the college and course offered to them. The candidates will have to ensure that they will pay the fees by downloading the bank challan from the website and will have to report to the KEA that they have accepted the seats. The candidates will not be allowed to participate in the subsequent rounds of KCET Counselling 2017.
- Choice 2– If the candidate will be satisfied but wish to participate in the other round of counselling. If the higher options will be allotted then the seats allotted before will automatically get cancelled.
- Choice 3– If the candidates will not be satisfied and wish to participate in the other rounds of counselling of KCET 2017 with all the already entered options. Such candidates will be eligible to participate in the subsequent rounds of counselling by rejecting the allotted seat.
- Choice 4– If the candidates will be granted admission in other university and will not be satisfied with the seat and want to quit the KCET 2017 Counselling process. Such candidates will not be allowed to participate in subsequent rounds of KCET Counselling 2017.
Documents to be furnished by the candidates
Following documents will be submitted by the candidates at the time of document verification.
- The printout of Online KCET 2017 Application Form
- Original copy of Challan as proof of payment of fees
- Xth standard Mark Sheet
- XIIth class Mark Sheet
- Study Certificate signed by concerned BEO/DDPI
- Two recent Passport size photographs
- KCET 2017 Admit Card
- Medical Certificate for PwD candidates
- Valid Caste Certificates (SC/ST/Other Reserved Category Candidates)
The article is based on previous year’s data. It will be updated as soon as new notification about KCET 2017 Counselling will be announced officially.
Keep visiting, http://engg.entrancecorner.com/ for the latest information on KCET 2017.