KCET 2017 Cutoff is qualifying marks that candidates must obtain to qualify the common entrance test conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority. The Cutoff of KCET 2017 will be published online only after the counselling rounds gets over. There will be two rounds of counselling. The participating institutes will announce their individual cutoff rank for each branch. The cutoff will be provided below as soon as it is announced by the conducting body. In the meantime, candidates can check previous year’s cutoff and other important details about KCET 2017 Cutoff from the article given below on this page.
Key Points of KCET 2017 Cutoff
Check important information about the cutoff of KCET 2017 given below:
- The cutoff will be published by the Karnataka Examination Authority. It will be provided in PDF file format on this page.
- The Cutoff of KCET 2017 will be released after the two wounds of counselling gets over.
- Candidates have to a rank lesser than the closing rank declared for each branch to be qualified for admission to the Participating Institutes of KCET 2017.
- Candidates who will meet the cutoff will be shortlisted for admission and they will be able to participate in the Seat Allotment of KCET 2017.
Factors considered to calculate KCET 2017
While deciding the cutoff rank by the institutes for each branch, the following parameters are taken into consideration.
- The total number of students appearing for the common entrance test.
- The difficulty level of the question paper of KCET 2017.
- The total number of seats available for each course at the institutes.
- The Performance of the candidates in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in both the qualifying examination and the common entrance test.
- The average marks secured by the candidates in the entrance test.
- Seats reserved for candidates belonging to different categories.
Previous Year’s KCET Cutoff
As mentioned earlier, the KCET 2017 Cutoff will be available once it is made available online after the conclusion of the counselling process. As for now, students can check the cutoff published by various institutes in the previous year and get an idea of the cutoff they may expect this year. This will help them to prepare for the entrance test which is scheduled to be held on May 02 and 03, 2017. Check the cutoff for the first and second round allotment for candidates belonging to the General Merit category given below:
KCET 2016 Cutoff for the 1st round of Allotment
KCET 2016 Cutoff for the 2nd round of Allotment
Keep visiting engg.entrancecorner.com for more updates on KCET 2017