KCET 2017 Cutoff – The KCET cutoff 2017 is the closing and opening marks that the candidates need to obtain to be eligible for admission in various government and private colleges. The KCET cutoff score to be released by Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA). The result of KCET 2017 has been announced on May 30, 2017 for all the candidates who have appeared in the test. The examination authority, KEA will declare KCET 2017 cutoff for the various categories after the completion of KCET counselling. The cutoff scores to be released will be different for all the categories as it depends on various factors such as the total number of candidates appeared in KCET 2017, difficulty level of the exam, availability of seats in the participating institutes. The closing and opening rank will specify that there are no more admissions done, if candidates score below the KCET cutoff 2017 category wise and course wise by various The candidates who secures equal or more than the KCET Cutoff will be qualified for admission to 47000 seats in 220 institutes of Karnataka. In the article below KCET cutoff scores for various category wise and course wise, previous year KCET cutoff trends, rank wise opening and closing rank.
Key Points of KCET 2017 Cutoff
Check important information about the cutoff of KCET 2017 given below:
- The cutoff will be published by the Karnataka Examination Authority. It will be provided in PDF file format on this page.
- The Cutoff of KCET 2017 will be released after the two rounds of KCET counselling gets over.
- Candidates have to rank lesser than the closing rank declared for each branch to be qualified for admission to the participating institutes of KCET 2017.
- Candidates who will meet the cutoff will be shortlisted for admission and they will be able to participate in the Seat Allotment of KCET 2017.
Factors considered to calculate KCET 2017
While deciding the cutoff rank by the institutes for each branch, the following parameters are taken into consideration.
- The total number of students appeared in Karnataka common entrance test.
- The difficulty level of the question paper of KCET 2017.
- The total number of seats available for each course at the institutes.
- The performance of the candidates in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in both the qualifying examination and the common entrance test.
- The average marks secured by the candidates in the entrance test.
- Seats reserved for candidates belonging to different categories.
Previous Year’s KCET Cutoff
As mentioned earlier, the KCET 2017 Cutoff will be available once it is made available online after the conclusion of the counselling process. As for now, students can check the cutoff published by various institutes in the previous year and get an idea of the cutoff they may expect this year. This is helpful for the candidates who have qualified KCET 2017 that was held on May 02 and 03, 2017. Check the cutoff for the first and second round allotment for candidates belonging to the General Merit category given below:
KCET 2016 Cutoff for the 1st round of Allotment
KCET 2016 Cutoff for the 2nd round of Allotment
Keep visiting engg.entrancecorner.com for more updates on KCET 2017