JoSAA 2017 Eligibility Criteria – Joint Seat Allocation Authority has released eligibility criteria of JoSAA 2017 for admission in the IITS, IITs, NITs, ISM and other Government Funded Institutes. All the candidates need to satisfy the JoSAA eligibility criteria 2017 to attend the JoSAA 2017 counselling and seat allotment process. All the candidates who have qualified JEE Main 2017 and JEE Advanced 2017 must make sure that they fulfil the eligibility criteria for participating in NITs, IIITs and GFTIs (JEE Main 2017) and IITs (JEE Advanced 2017). Various JoSAA 2017 eligibility criteria such as nationality, class XII examination marks, age, marks obtained in the entrance test etc must be fulfilled by the candidates to get admission in their desired institute. The candidates will not be eligible for admissions by satisfying the given eligibility conditions, there will be other factors too which are prescribed by the conducting body. To get complete details about JoSAA 2017 Eligibility Criteria read the article below.
The registration for JoSAA 2017 has commenced in online mode from June 15, 2017. Before filling up the online application, the candidates are requested to check the JoSAA 2017 eligibility criteria. Those candidates who have qualified JEE Main 2017 and JEE Advanced 2017 will only be allowed to participate in the seat allotment process of JoSAA 2017.
Latest: JoSAA Registration and Choice Filling started
JoSAA 2017 Eligibility Criteria
|Qualifying Examination||Admitting Institutes||Number of Institutes|
|JEE Advanced 2017||IIT||23 IITs|
|JEE Main 2017 Paper I (B.Tech)||NITs, IIITs and GFTIs||31 NITs, 23 IITs and 20 GFTIs.|
|JEE Main 2017 Paper II (B.Arch/ B.Planning)|
JoSAA Eligibility Criteria 2017
Before starting JoSAA 2017 Registration and Choice Filling, the candidates must check the eligibility criteria of JoSAA 2017 to know whether they eligible or not for participating in the counselling. Candidates who are ineligible will not be allowed to appear in JoSAA counselling & seat allotment. Check the follwing points to get details about the JoSAA eligibility criteria 2017:
JoSAA Eligibility Criteria 2017 for JEE Advanced 2017
- Qualified in JEE Advanced 2017 for academic program (excluding the preparatory courses) at IITs and satisfies the performance in Class XII (or equivalent) examination.
- Qualified in JEE Advanced 2017 for preparatory courses at IITs and satisfies the performance in Class XII (or equivalent) examination.
JoSAA Eligibility Criteria 2017 for JEE Main 2017 Paper-1
- Candidates must have secured a rank in JEE Main 2017 Paper-1 for B.E./B.Tech. programs at NITs, IIEST, IIITs and Other-GFTIs
- Candidates must have passed Class XII (or equivalent) examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical Vocational subject. Further, the candidate should have passed each subject individually as well.
- Scandidates must have satisfied the “Performance in Class XII or equivalent examination
JoSAA Eligibility Criteria for JEE Main 2017 Paper II (B.Arch)
- Should have secure a rank in JEE Main 2017 Paper II.
- The candidates should have had Mathematics as one of the subjects in 12th Standard (or equivalent) examination.
- Candidates must have satisfied the performance in Class XIIor equivalent examination as prescribed.
There are 97 participating institutes that will grant admission to eligible candidates through JoSAA 2017. The candidates who have qualified for JEE Main 2017 and JEE Advanced 2017 will granted admission in 36268 seats will be given admission in the above IITs, NITs, CFITs, GFITs and ISM for around 513 engineering courses.
For latest updates & news on JoSAA 2017 keep visiting http://engg.entrancecorner.com/ and for any queries or doubts leave your comments below.