JoSAA 2017 has released the dates of JoSAA 2017 counselling which will be conducted in 7 rounds. The registration and choice filling commences from June 15 (10 am), whereas the registration and choice filling for JEE Advanced AAT 2017 will begin from June 19 after the declaration of result on June 18. As per the notification released by Joint Seat Allocation Authority, two rounds of mock seat allotment will be held during the online registration and choice filling process . This year 1 extra round of JoSAA seat allotment 2017 will be conducted. Last year, the seat allotment process was held in 6 rounds, while this year it will be held in 7 rounds.
To know JoSAA Important Dates 2017 – Click here
What’s new in JoSAA 2017?
- Apart from addition of one more round for JoSAA 2017 Seat Allotment, JoSAA has increased the total number of participating institutes of JoSAA 2017.
- This year, the participating institutes are 23 IITs, 31 NITs, 23 IIITs and 20 other GFTIs.
- The total number of institutes has increased from 92 to 97.
- The number of seats for B.Tech courses will also increase due to the increase in the participating institutes.
- A new reporting centre ISM Dhanbad has been added to the list of JoSAA reporting centres 2017.
To check the new list of JoSAA 2017 Participating Institutes – Click here
In order to participate in the JoSAA counselling 2017, all the qualified candidates in JEE Main 2017 and JEE Advanced 2017 must register themselves and fill the most desired choices of colleges and courses. The mock seat allotment will help the candidates make better choices.
The results of the first Mock seat allocation, based on the choices filled-in by candidates as of 5 pm on June 20 will be announced at 5 pm on the same date. The second mock seat allocation will be announced at around 5 pm on June 23, 2017.
The results of 1st round of JoSAA 2017 seat allotment will be announced at 10 am on 28th June, 2017. The candidates have to pay the requisite seat acceptance fee and report at their respective reporting centres for verification of documents as per the schedule from 10 am to 5 pm. It is compulsory for all the candidates to present in person for document verification. The other rounds of JoSAA counselling will be held on the scheduled dates with the same procedure.
Candidates can withdraw their alloted seats till the 6th round of counselling and seat allotment. Seat withdrawal option will not be available during the 7th round of JoSAA seat allotment.