JKCET 2017 – The Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examination (BOPEE) will conduct the JKCET 2017 on May 28, 2017. The entrance test will be held in the offline mode, i,e, it will be a pen and paper based test. Candidates who have applied for JCKEt has been issued the admit card on May 20, 2017. Candidates may download it by entering their application number and date of birth. The J & K BOPEE has also set up help centres to download the admit card. After the commencement of the exam, the answer key of JKCET will be published on May 29, 2017. The result of J&K BOPEE CET will be declared online followed by the announcement of the merit list. The qualified candidates will be able to take admission at various engineering institutes/colleges in the state of Jammu & Kashmir provided they fulfil the eligibility requirements defined by the Board. For more information on JKCET 2017 such as admit card, exam centre, exam pattern, syllabus etc. read the article given below on this page.
Latest– JKCET 2017 Admit Card available now
Exam Name: Jammu & Kashmir Common Entrance Test (JKCET) 2017
Conducting Authority: Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (BOPEE)
Salient Features of JKCET 2017:
- JKCET 2017 will be conducted for admission into various engineering courses of undergraduate level in the state of J&K.
- Candidates must fulfil the eligibility criteria defined by the J&K BOPEE for admission through JKCET 2017.
- The application form has been released online from February 27 to April 03, 2017.
- The admit card has been issued for only those applicants who have successfully applied for the entrance test.
- JKCET 2017 will be held in Srinagar and Jammu only.
- After the conclusion of the entrance test, the answer key will be published online.
- Candidates can check their result online or visit any of the BOPEE offices in Jammu/ Srinagar.
- The counselling will be held for all the qualified candidates of JKCET 2017. Admission will be granted on the basis of merit list prepared by the board.
- The Admit Cards of JKCET 2017 is available online. It has been issued to only those candidates who have successfully applied for JKCET 2017.
- Candidates can download JKCET admit card by submitting application number and date of birth
- Applicants have to paste attested photo on the downloaded admit card.
- Candidates must ensure that the admit card is not mutilated, defaced or changed in any manner.
- The admit card must be retained carefully as candidates will require to produce it at the examination hall. No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without valid admit card.
Candidates must ensure to satisfy all the criteria required for being eligible for admission. The Eligibility Criteria of JKCET 2017 are as follow:
|Domicile||Candidates must be permanent residents of Jammu and Kashmir|
The Important Dates of JKCET 2107 enlist all the dates of events conducted by the board for admission. The dates will ensure that students do not miss out any important events of JKCET 2107.
|S.No.||Events related to JKCET 2017||Important Dates|
|1||Online Application Form will be available from||February 27, 2017|
|2||The last date to fill and submit the application form||April 03, 2017|
|3||Issuance of JKCET 2107 Admit Card||May 20, 2017|
|4||JKCET 2017 exam date||May 28, 2017 (Sunday)|
|5||Display of answer keys||May 29, 2017 (4:00 pm)|
|6||Last date to challenge answer key of JKCET||June 03, 2017 (4:00 pm)|
|7||Declaration of result||3rd week of June 2017|
- Candidates had to fill up the registration form to generate the application number and to continue with the application process.
- Upon successful registration, candidates had to login with the application number and date of birth to fill up the form.
- It was mandatory for every candidate to pay the application fee of Rs.800 through debit/ credit card or net banking in order to proceed further with the application process.
- Candidates had to fill in their personal, academic and address details for communication purpose in the application form of JKCET.
- Candidates were also required uploading scanned copies of their photographs, signature, and left thumb impression in the prescribed format.
- Candidates could change or modify the details entered in the application before the final submission. After the final submission, no changes could be made by the candidates.
- Upon successful submission, the ‘Provisional Confirmation Page’ was displayed on the screen.
- Candidates had to take a printout of the confirmation page and retain it safely for future admission procedure.
- The entrance test will be held in the cities of Srinagar and Jammu only.
- BOPEE will allot the centres for the test and the information regarding this will be provided to the candidates on the admit card.
- The test centre once allotted shall not be changed.
JKCET 2017 Syllabus
JKCET 2017 syllabus consists of three sections. The section wise syllabus of JKCET 2017 is given in the table below.
|Physics||Thermodynamics, Kinematics, Physical world and measurement, Motion of system of particles and rigid body, Properties of bulk matter, Laws of motion, Gravitation, Behaviour of perfect gas and kinetic theory, Oscillations and waves,, Electrostatics, Magnetic effects of current an magnetism, Electromagnetic induction and alt. Currents, Optics, Electromagnetic waves, Atoms and nuclei, Dual nature of matter and radiation, Work, energy and power, Communication system, Current electricity, Electronic device|
|Chemistry||Chemical Equilibrium, Chemical arithmetic and atomic structure, Chemical kinetics, Chemical thermodynamics, Solutions, Solid state & states of matter, Redox reactions and electro chemistry, Periodic properties, Surface chemistry, Chemistry of Representative elements, Chemical bonding and molecular structure, Transition elements including lanthanoides, Nomenclature and basic concepts in organic chemistry, Co- ordination chemistry, Organic chemistry based on functional group- I, Hydrocarbons, Organic chemistry based on functional group- II, Hydrocarbons, Organic chemistry based on functional group- III, Polymers, Molecules of life,|
|Mathematics||Sets, Relation & functions, Complex numbers; Linear equation; Linear programing, Sequence and series, Permutation and combination and binomial theorem, Trigonometric and inverse trigonometry functions, Matrices and determinants, Limit, continuity and differentiation, Integration and differential equations, Straight lines and conic sections, Statistics and probability, Vectors and three dimensional geometry,|
In the table given below, aspirants can check the format of the entrance test which includes, duration, question type, marking scheme etc. The Exam Pattern of JKCET 2017 are as follow:
|Type of Questions||Objective type containing Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Total no. Of Questions||180 (60 questions from each subject)|
|Marking Scheme||Each correct response will be awarded 1 mark. There will be 0.25 negative marks for each wrong answer.|
|Duration||Physics and Chemistry: 2 hours
Mathematics: 1 hourTotal: 3 hours
JKCET 2017 Sample Papers
The Sample Papers of JKCET 2017 will assist candidates to get an idea about the type of questions asked in the entrance test and the difficulty level of the paper. After covering the entire syllabus, candidates must practice sample papers for a more effective preparation. Regular solving of sample papers will improve the accuracy and speed level of the candidates. It will also make students identify their weak points and strengthen them. While practicing sample papers, candidates must keep track of the time they are devoting to each question. It will help candidates to improve their time management skill. Sample papers will also increase the confidence level of the candidates as they will get a prior experience of the entrance test. Aspirants must ensure to download JKCET 2017 Sample Papers for practice and ace the examination.
- The Answer Key of JKCET 2017 will be displayed online after the conclusion of the entrance test.
- The answer key will be available online only for three days.
- If any candidate is not satisfied with any of the answer provided in the answer key, they can make written representation supported by documentary proof of standard text Books in the prescribed format.
- The candidates making representation on JKCET answer key have to pay Rs.200 either in online or offline mode
- The answer key will be re- examined by the BOPEE. If any, the revised key will be uploaded online. No further complaint will be entertained by the Board.
- The Result will be available in both the offices of BOPEE at Jammu and Srinagar. Candidates can also check their result online.
- The result declared by the Board will be final. No further manual check will be entertained.
- Re- totalling of marks will be allowed on written request. Candidates have to send the request within 3 days after the declaration of the result accompanied by the payment receipt of Rs. 1000 remitted by the candidate at POS terminal at J&K BOPEE Srinagar or Jammu.
- After the declaration of the result, a merit list will be prepared of all the candidates qualifying in JKCET 2017.
- Counselling of JKCET 2017 for qualified candidates will begin few days after the declaration of result.
- Candidates must be present in person for the counselling.
- At the time of counselling, candidates have to exercise their choices/ preferences of disciplines/ institutions.
- Candidates have to carry all required documents in original, admit card and a payment receipt of Rs. 500 paid at POS terminal at BOPEE office in Jammu/ Srinagar.
Documents required at the time of JKCET 2017 Counselling
The candidates have to produce the following documents in original at the time of counselling provided they figure in the list of the candidates called for counselling.
- Certificate of permanent residence.
- Marks certificate of the qualifying examination issued by the concerned Board.
- Matriculation or equivalent examination certificate indicating Date of Birth.
- Category certificate
- A Copy of challan, wherever fees is paid through challan.
Jammu ( From November to April )
Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Examinations
4th Floor, South Block,
Jammu – 180012
Contact Numbers: +91 191 – 2470102, +91 191 – 2479371
Srinagar ( From May to October )
Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Examinations
Opposite J&K Bank,
Srinagar – 190005
+91 194 – 2433590, +91 194 2433760, +91 194 2437647
Official Website: http://www.jakbopee.org/
Keep visiting engg.entrancecorner.com for more updates on JKCET 2017