JKCET 2017 Reservation of Seats specify details about the seats reserved for candidates belonging to various categories. The reservation is applicable only in colleges/Institutions run by the Government in the state of Jammu & Kashmir. Candidates have to qualify the common entrance test conducted by the J&K BOPEE to get the benefit of Reservation of Seats of JKCET 2017. They also have to fulfil the eligibility criteria defined for admission by the Board. In the article given below on this page, candidates may check if they are entitled to the reservation along with other relevant details about JKCET 2017 Reservation of Seats.
JKCET 2017 Reservation of Seats
The percentage of seats to be allotted by the member institutes for each category candidates through JKCET 2017 is as given below:
|Category Codes||Categories||Reservation (In Percentage)|
|06||Open Merit (OM)||50|
|08||Scheduled Tribe, Gujjar & Bakerwal (STGB)||06|
|09||Scheduled Tribe, Leh District (STL)||02|
|10||Scheduled Tribe, Kargil District (STK)||02|
|11||Other Scheduled Tribes (STO)||01|
|12||Weak and Under Privileged Classes, Social Castes (OSC)||02|
|13||Residents of Backward Area (RBA)||20|
|14||Residents of Area Adjoining Actual Line of Control (ALC)||03|
|15||Children of Defence Personnel (CDP)||03|
|16||Candidates possessing outstanding proficiency in sports||02|
|17||Children of State Police Personnel and Paramilitary Forces||01|
|18||Poor and Backwards Families (P&B)||Notified against colleges/courses, wherever applicable|
|19||Tuition fee Waiver Scheme (TFW)||05 (Of sanctioned intake capacity)|
|20||TFW and P&B|
Key Points about JKCET 2017 Reservation of Seats
- The reservation of seats is applicable only in Government run colleges in the state of Jammu & Kashmir.
- The reservation of seats is also subjected to the fulfilment of the Eligibility Criteria of JKCET 2017. Therefore, every candidate has to satisfy all the norms defined by the Board for admission under any of the categories mentioned above.
- To avail the benefit of reservation, candidates have to upload the attested photocopy of the valid reserved category certificate issued by the designated authority along with the Application Form of JKCET 2017.
- If any of the category certificates is found to be invalid, such candidates will be considered under open merit category for admission.
- The Board will not accept any under process certificate under any circumstances. It also includes under process certificate for the renewal of category certificate.
- Candidates who fail to upload their respective reserved category certificate along with the application form, their form will be considered under Pen Merit Category.
- Even though candidates are eligible for more than one reserved category, they will be considered only for one reserved category. Hence, while filling the form, applicants have to apply only under one reserved category and once opted, it cannot be changed at a later stage.
- Candidates also have to produce the valid category certificate a the time of document verification during the Counselling of JKCET 2017.
Keep visiting engg.entrancecorner.com for more updates about JKCET 2017