JKCET 2017 Eligibility Criteria: Candidates aspiring to take admission at various engineering institutes in the state of Karnataka must follow the eligibility norms defined by KEA. Only those candidates who fulfills all the necessary Eligibility Criteria of KCET 2017 will be granted admission. At a later stage, if anyone is found to be ineligible, the candidature of that particular student will be cancelled and the application fee will not be refunded either. As the application process is about to start from January 27, 2017, before applying, aspirants must go through all the criteria required to take admission through KCET 2017. Check all the clauses of domicile, nationality etc. of KCET 2017 Eligibility Criteria from the article given below on this page.
JKCET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants must be well acquainted about the norms defined by the Board before filling up the application form. The following are the requirements for being eligible for admission through JKCET 2017:
Domicile: Candidates must be a permanent resident of the state of Jammu & Kashmir.
- Candidates must have passed class XII or any equivalent examination from a recognised Board/University.
- Students must have qualified with English, Chemistry, Mathematics and Chemistry as their core subjects.
- In the qualifying examination, students belonging to the Open Merit Category must obtain a minimum aggregate of 50%.
- For reserved category candidates, the requirement of minimum aggregate mark is 40% which is subject to provisions of the rules of reservation/MCI & DCI Regulations, whichever applicable.
- Candidates appearing/appeared in Class XII or any equivalent examination can also apply for the entrance test. However, the above mentioned requirements must be fulfilled by the candidates. They have to produce their original mark sheet at the time of counselling.
JKCET 2017 Reservation of Seats
In the Government run colleges and institutions in the state of Jammu & Kashmir, a certain number of seats are reserved for candidates belonging to specific categories as notified by the state Government. The reservation is subject to the fulfilment of the JKCET 2017 Eligibility Criteria. Check the percentage of seats allotted to each category given below in the table:
|S.No.||Category||Category Codes||Reservation (in %)|
|03||Scheduled Tribe, Gujjar & Bakerwal (STGB)||08||06|
|04||Scheduled Tribe, Leh District (STL)||09||02|
|05||Scheduled Tribe, Kargil District (STK)||10||02|
|06||Other Scheduled Tribe (STO)||11||01|
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes|
|07||Weak & under privileged classes, social castes (OSC)||12||02|
|08||Residents of Backward Area (RBA)||13||20|
|09||Residents of Area Adjoining Actual Line of Control (ALC)||14||03|
|10||Children of Defence Personnel (State Subjects only)||15||03|
|11||Candidates possessing outstanding proficiency in sports||16||02|
|12||Children of state police personnel and paramilitary forces||17||01|
|13||Poor and Backward Families (P&B)||18||Notified against colleges/courses, wherever applicable|
|14||Tuition fee Waiver Scheme (TFW)||19||05 (of sanctioned intake capacity)|
|15||TFW and P&B||20|
Keep visiting engg.entrancecorner.com for more updates on JKCET 2017