JKCET 2017 Counselling – J&K BOPEE has extended the last date to fill choices, fee payment, submission of state certificate and category certificate for JKCET counselling 2017 until July 22, 2017. The filling up of preference form and fee submission for the counselling of JKCET 2017 was started on July 17, 2017. The link to fill up the online preference form is given on this page. Candidates have to deposit Rs. 1200 after which the preference form of the candidates will be locked. The mock exercise of choice filling was carried out on July 15 and 16, 2017. Candidates were also required to verify their documents in order to participate in JKCET 2017 counselling. The J&K BOPEE carried out the document verification in two rounds. The last date for document verification for the counselling of JKCET 2017 was July 03. However, candidates who couldn’t verify their documents for some un avoidable reasons were allowed to submit their documents on July 14, 2017 (from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm). During the counselling of JKCET 2017, if the number of candidates is more than the available seats, a waiting list will be prepared by the BOPEE. Admission to the participating institutes of J&K is also subject to the fulfilment of eligibility requirements. This year, a total number of 8866 candidates out of 11163 appeared in the entrance test. To know more about JKCET 2017 counselling read the article given below on this page.
JKCET 2017 Counselling Important Dates
Check the dates pertaining to the counselling of JKCET 2017 from the table given below:
|S.No.||JKCET 2017 Counselling Events||Important Dates|
|1.||Declaration of JKCET 2017 result and merit list||June 15, 2017|
|2.||Commencement of document verification round 1||June 19, 2017|
|3.||Last date for verifying documents round 1||June 21, 2017|
|4.||Commencement of document verification round 2||June 29, 2017|
|5.||Last date for verifying documents round 2||July 03, 2017|
|6.||Extended date for document verification||July 14, 2017 (10:00 am to 5:00 pm)|
|7.||Mock exercise of filling online preference form||July 15 and 16, 2017|
|8.||Actual filling up of preference forms and fee submission||July 17, 2017|
|9.||Last date for filling up of preference forms||July 22, 2017|
|10.||Last date for submission of fee||July 22, 2017|
|11.||Last date for submission of state subject and category certificate including income certificate||July 22, 2017|
JKCET 2017 Counselling Started – Register here
JKCET 2017 Seat Matrix – Check here
JKCET 2017 Counselling- Registration
Candidates have to fill up online preference form in order to participate in the counselling of JKCET 2017. The last date to fill up the preference form has been extended to July 22, 2017. Candidates have to click on the link provided above and register for JKCET counselling 2017. In the form, candidates have to fill in the following details and then click on the ‘submit’ button:
- BOPEE Application number
- BOPEE CET marks
- BOPEE roll number
- BOPEE CET rank
- Date of birth
- Confirm Email
- Mobile number
- Alternate mobile number
- Valid category certificate (If applicable)
- Verification code
JKCET 2017 Counselling- Choice Filling
- After successful registration, candidates have to submit their preference and lock on or before the last date
- Candidate will be required to fill up at least one preference for a discipline/college
- Candidates have to login into their account by entering their BOPEE application number and password
- After logging in, candidates have to click on the ‘Subject’ link and select disciplines from ‘discipline available box’
- Preferences selected by the candidates will be saved automatically
- Candidates can alter or remove their preferred choices anytime before the last date and before locking heir preferences
- The candidates should make a realistic assessment of the streams which they are likely to get and should exercise options accordingly on the preference form for JKCET counselling
JKCET 2017 Counselling- Fee Payment
Candidates have to pay an amount of Rs. 1200 after locking their choices. The fee can be paid only in the online mode. Upon paying the requisite fee successfully, the payment receipt will be generated. Candidates are advised to take a print out of the receipt and retain It for future reference.
JKCET 2017 Counselling Round 1
- Candidates have to attend the counselling of JKCET 2017 in person. Seats will be allotted to candidates as per the rank secured by them in the entrance test.
- In case, due to some unavoidable reason, any candidate is unable to attend the counselling in person, they have to send their duly authorized representatives with their original JKCET admit card and authority letters signed by them.
- If any candidate or his/her representative fails to appear for the counselling on the specified date and intends to appear in the subsequent round of counselling, he/she will be allowed to participate in such counselling after furnishing satisfactory justification in writing for such a failure.
- Such Candidates also have to make a payment of Rs. 500 from POS terminal from BOPEE Srinagar/ Jammu.
- The seat allotment will be done as per the availability of course/institute at that point of time
- Such candidate also have to furnish an undertaking to the effect that he/she voluntarily accepts the available stream/ institution at the time of his/her turn of counselling
JKCET 2017 Counselling Round 2
- After the first round of counselling, if any seats are left vacant due to the absence of candidates or non-acceptance, a second round will be conducted
- Candidates will be allotted seats in order of merit and seat availability.
- If any candidate fails to participate in round 2 of JKCET 2017 counselling, his/her seats will automatically get cancelled. However, such candidates can participate in the subsequent round of counselling, if any.
JKCET 2017 Counselling – Waiting List
- At the time of counselling of JKCET 2017, if the number of candidates is more than the seats available, then a waiting list will be prepared by the BOPEE. The waiting list will operate after receiving a list of vacant seats from the respective Colleges.
- If any candidate has not been allotted seats as per his/her choice, the BOPEE will also place such applicants on the waiting list
- If a candidate does not get a seat of his/her choice at his/her turn of counselling, such candidates will be placed on the waiting list.
- The number of the candidates in the waiting list will be as decided by the BOPEE
- The number of the candidates to be called for counselling will be decided by the BOPEE keeping in view the response of the candidates to a particular course
- The decision of the BOPEE concerning the allotment of courses and institutions shall be final. Candidates will not be allowed to change the choices of course or institutions once exercised
- The candidates on the waiting list shall have to report to the concerned College between 10 am to 2 pm to complete the admission process
- If any candidate with higher merit fails to report within the given period of time, he/she will be forfeit from the admission process
Schedule for JKCET 2017 Document Verification
The J&K BOPEE has declared the dates for document verification. Candidates have to verify all their documents on the specified date as per their ranks. Check the dates below:
JKCET 2017 Document Verification- Round 1
The reporting time for the first round of document verification was from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.
|S.No.||JKCET 2017 Ranks of candidates||Dates|
|1.||0001 to 0800||June 19, 2017|
|2.||0801 to 1600||June 20, 2017|
|3.||1601 to 2400||June 21, 2017|
JKCET 2017 Document Verification- Round 2
The second round of document verification was carried out for the candidates who scored 10 or more marks in JKCET 2017. Candidates had to report in the board office at Srinagar/Jammu at 9.30 as per the schedule/rank. The dates for document verification assigned to candidates as per their ranks are as given below:
|S.No.||JKCET 2017 Ranks of candidates||Dates|
|1.||2401 to 3200||June 29, 2017|
|2.||3201 to 4000||June 30, 2017|
|3.||4001 to 4800||July 01, 2017|
|4.||4801 to 5600||July 02, 2017|
|5.||5601 to 6321||July 03, 2017|
Verification of Documents for JKCET 2017 Counselling
Candidates who qualified JKCET 2017 and have secured a merit position had to verify their documents. Candidates were required to carry all original certificates with them. Candidates had to visit the J&K BOPEE office, Bagat-e-Barzulla, opposite J&K Bank Barzulla, Srinagar and J&K BOPEE office, 4th floor, South Block, Bahu Plaza, Jammu along with the following documents:
- JKCET 2017 admit card
- Qualifying marks certificate (Mark sheet of class 12)
- State Subject Certificate (PRC)
- Date of birth certificate issued by the concerned Board
- Reserved category certificate, issued by Competent authority (if applicable)
- Tuition fee waiver certificate issued by competent authority (if applicable)
- Confirmation page of online application form
For more updates & news stay updated with http://engg.entrancecorner.com & for any queries or doubts on JKCET 2017 Counselling comment below