JEE Main 2017 Exam Pattern – The exam pattern of JEE Main 2017 has been defined by the exam conducting body, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). The JEE Main exam pattern give details about the mode of exam, the total number of questions, marking distribution, duration of the paper etc. On April 2, 2017, CBSE will conduct both Paper 1 (B.E/B.Tech) and Paper 2 (B.Arch/B.Planning) in the offline mode. The Paper 1 will consist questions from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, whereas, Paper 2 of JEE Main includes aptitude test, mathematics and drawing test. On April 08 & 09, the Paper 1 of JEE Main will be held in the online mode. Candidates who are appearing for JEE Main 2017 must go through the exam pattern of JEE Main to obtain good score in the entrance test to qualify for admission into the NITs, IIITs and GFTIs. The top 2,20,000 JEE Main qualifiers will also be filtered to appear for JEE Advanced 22017. To know more details about the JEE Main 2017 exam pattern for both Paper 1 and 2 along with important guidelines for the exam read the article given below on this page.
Latest: JEE Main 2017 Answer Key Download Here
JEE Main 2017 Cutoff
JEE Main 2017 Exam Pattern- Paper 1 (B.E/B.Tech) & Paper 2 (B.Arch/B.Planning)
JEE Main 2017 will have two papers– Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper 1 will be conducted for admission to B.Tech and B.E. programmes whereas Paper 2 will be held for admission to B.Arch/B.Planning courses. As per the exam pattern set by CBSE, the language of the paper, the duration, marking scheme and language of both the paper is similar. Check the details below:
Language Medium of Question Paper– The choice of medium of the question paper will be as per the language opted by the candidates while filling up the application form of JEE Main 2017.
|S.No.||Exam Centres||Medium of Question Paper|
|1.||All Exam Centres of JEE Main 2017||English and Hindi|
|2.||Exam Centres in Gujarat, Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu||English, Hindi and Gujarati|
Duration– For both the papers and exam mode, candidates will be given a total duration of 3 hours. In both the modes, paper 1 will start in the morning from 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM. Candidates opting for Paper 2 have to appear in the forenoon session which will start from 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM. Also, an extra one hour will be given to candidates with 40% or more disability to complete the paper.
Marking Scheme– Out of the four given options, only one response will be correct. Candidates will be allotted 4 marks for the correct answer whereas one mark will be deducted for incorrect or multiple response to each question. For an unanswered response, no marks will be deducted.
JEE Main 2017 Exam Pattern- Paper 1
Mode of Examination– Paper 1 will be held in both online and offline mode.
Subject combination: In paper 1 candidates have to attempt questions from the following subjects:
Type of Questions– The paper will have 30 Objective type multiple choice questions from each subject.
Total number of Questions and Marks Distribution–
|Subjects||No. of questions||Marks per question||Total marks|
JEE Main 2017 Exam Pattern- Paper 2 (B.Arch/B.Planning)
Mode of Examination: The paper 2 of JEE Main 2017 will be held in offline, i.e it will be a pen and paper based test.
Subjects and type of questions: Paper 2 will have questions from the following three parts:
Part I- Mathematics (Objective type)
Part II- Aptitude Test (Objective type)
Part III- Drawing Test (Questions to test drawing aptitude)
Total number of Questions and Marks Distribution–
|Subjects||Number of questions||Marks Per question||Total Marks|
Scribe for Persons with Disabilities
Candidates who are persons with 40% or more disability and have applied under the PWD category will be provided Scribe/ Reader on the request of the candidate. Details are as given below:
- The candidates will get the liberty to have their own scribe or reader. They can also submit a request to the centre superintendent for the same.
- The centre superintendent will identify the scribe/reader. In case a request is received from the candidates, they would be allowed to meet the scribe a day, before the examination to verify the suitability of the scribe.
- An extra time of one hour will be given to the candidates with 40% or more disability irrespective of the fact that the candidates are availing the facility of scribe/reader.
JEE Main 2017 Exam Guidelines
Candidates appearing for JEE Main 2017 have to follow guidelines in the examination hall. Check exam guidelines for both the online and offline mode of exam below:
Online mode- Paper 1 (B.E / B.Tech)
- The mock test of JEE Main 2017 has been made available for candidates to practice and get familiar with the computer based examination (CBE) mode.
- At the examination hall, candidates will be provided rough sheets to do all the calculations and writing work. However, candidates must hand over the rough sheets to the invigilator after the completion of the exam.
- To do the rough work candidates will be provided ball pens in the examination hall. Therefore, candidates don’t require to carry any pen along with them.
- The candidates must sign on the Attendance Sheet at the appropriate place.
Offline mode- Paper 1 (B.E. / B.TECH) & Paper 2 (B.Arch. / B. Planning)
- For aptitude test in Paper 2, candidates have to bring their own geometry box set, pencils, erasers and colour pencils or crayons.
- Candidates have to bring their own black/blue ball pens and a cardboard.
- Candidates have to break/open the seal of the question paper five minutes before the commencement of the exam. Candidates must ensure that the test booklet code printed on Side 2 of the OMR response sheet is similar to the code printed on the Test Booklet.
- In case of any discrepancy in the test booklet and the OMR response sheet, the candidate should immediately report the matter to the Invigilator for replacement.
- Candidates have to write particulars with only Blue/Black ball point pen on both the sides of the answer Sheet.
- The invigilator will also put his/her signatures in the place provided in the Answer Sheet on Side 1.
- A signal will be given at the beginning of the examination and at half-time. A signal will also be given before the closing time when the candidate must stop marking the responses.
- The candidates must check that the Test booklet contains as many numbers of pages as are written on the top of the first page of the Test Booklet. The candidates should also verify the serial number and series of the Test Booklet with the serial number and series of OMR sheet. In case of any variation, the Test Booklet and OMR sheet should be immediately returned to the invigilator for replacement.
- Candidates have to sign twice on the Attendance Sheet at the appropriate place. Firstly, immediately after the commencement of the examination and for the second time while handing over the Answer Sheet to the Invigilator.
Common Instruction for both Offline and Online mode (Paper 1 & Paper 2)
- It is mandatory for each and every candidate to carry the JEE Main 2017 admit card to the examination hall. The admit card has to be shown, on demand, for admission in the examination hall. Candidates who do not possess their admit cards will not be allowed to appear in the examination under any circumstances.
- Candidates also have to carry an identity proof and other required documents to the examination hall along with the hall ticket of JEE Main.
- The admit Card of the candidates will be checked by the invigilator for identification purpose at the exam hall.
- Candidates belonging to the PWD category must carry a copy of the PWD certificate with them in the prescribed format issued by the competent authority.
- Candidates are advised to reach the venue 30 minutes prior to the examination. The registration desk will get closed five minutes before the start of the examination. Candidates have to complete the registration formalities within that time period.
- The test will start exactly at the time mentioned in the Admit Card and an announcement to this effect will be made by the invigilator.
- After the commencement of the examination, no candidate will be allowed to enter the examination centre.
- Candidates will be allotted their own seats indicating their roll number. The candidature will be cancelled if any candidate is found to have changed his/her room or seats.
- No baggage will be allowed inside the examination centre. The JEE Apex board will not be responsible for the loss of any property at the venue.
- Candidates are not allowed to carry any textual and electronic devices such as calculators, electronic watches, cell phones, pagers, printed or written papers or any other materials to the examination hall. If any candidate is found in possession of the above-mentioned Items, it will be seized and his/ her candidature will be dismissed.
- Candidates are advised to follow the guidelines as instructed by the Superintendent/ Invigilator. Candidates will not be allowed to leave the examination hall till the full duration of the paper.
For any doubt or query regarding JEE Main 2017 Exam Pattern drop a comment below
Keep visiting engg.entrancecorner.com for more updates on JEE Main 2017