JEE Main 2017 Eligibility Criteria is defined by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). The Eligibility Criteria of JEE Main 2017 includes details about the requirements related to age, educational qualification, the total number of attempts etc. that candidates must fulfil to be eligible for admission through JEE Main 2017. Every aspirant seeking admission into the Participating Institutes must ensure to go through the Eligibility Criteria of JEE Main. If any candidate is found to be ineligible for admission at a later stage, he/she will not be granted admission at any of the NITs, IIITs or GFTIs under any circumstances. Also, the application fee deposited at the time of filling up the Application Form of JEE Main 2017 will not be refunded either. Therefore, candidates must go through the Eligibility Criteria of JEE Main to check if they are eligible for admission for the academic session 2017-18. From the article given below on this page, applicants can check all important information related to JEE Main 2017 Eligibility Criteria.
NEW Requirement: One new eligibility requirement for the JEE Main 2017 application is the Aadhaar card. Candidates must have an Aadhaar card to apply for JEE Main 2017. The Aadhaar card number should be compulsorily entered in the Application form for JEE Main 2017. Without an Aadhaar card, candidates will not be allowed to apply. The name, date of birth and gender as mentioned in the Aadhaar card must match with the school records of the candidates.
JEE Main 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Date of Birth
- Candidates should be born on or before October 01, 1992.
- Relaxation of 5 years is granted to the candidates belonging to SC, ST and PWD. However, their birth date should fall on or after October 01, 1987.
- Date of birth as per mentioned in the Secondary Education Board or University certificate will be taken into consideration.
Subjects and year of appearance in Qualifying Examination
- The candidates must secure pass percentage in their class 12th examination or any equivalent qualifying examination held in 2015 or 2016.
- As per the JEE Main Eligibility norms 2017, Candidates appearing for 12th examination/ qualifying examination in 2017 are also eligible for the examination provided their result is declared by June 15, 2017.
- Candidates must pass the 12th examination/ qualifying examination with at least five subjects. Candidates who have taken 4 subjects are not eligible for the JEE Main 2017 Examination.
- As per the latest JEE Main 2017 notification, candidates who want to get admission in IITs/NITs/IIITs and CFITs must get 75% of marks in their Class XII or equivalent examination or be in the top 20 in their final year exam conducted by the respective board. For ST/SC candidates, they must secure 65% marks in their XII standard or equivalent exam.
Number of attempts
- The candidate can avail a maximum of 3 consecutive attempts to qualify the examination.
- The candidates who are seeking admission to the institutions located in Madhya Pradesh, Nagaland, and Orissa, their age limit and no. of attempts will remain same as the previous practices of their respective state level examination.
We would like to remind the interested candidates once again, to go through the eligibility criteria thoroughly before filling the application forms to avoid rejection in later stages.