JEE Main 2017 Application Form- The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has activated the window for the Aadhaar details correction in the application form of JEE Main 2017. The correction facility is available online only for those candidates who have already registered for JEE Main 2017 which was available from December 1 to January 16, 2017. Candidates who have filled the form with old Aadhaar details and thereafter submitted the correction request at the Aadhaar centre can now enter the updated Aadhaar details in the duly submitted JEE Main application form. Candidates must ensure to make all the required changes as soon as possible to be able to download the admit card which is available online from March 14, 2017. The direct link to make the correction in Aadhaar details in the JEE Main application form 2017 is provided below. Candidates have to enter their application number, password and security pin to login and make the required changes. To know the procedure, and other important details related to JEE Main 2017 Application Form read the article given below.
Latest: JEE Main 2017 Admit Card download here
Important Note: If any candidate has deposited the JEE Main Application Fees through e-challan in the scheduled banks then they must send the scanned copy of the challan slip. The copy id to be sent at the official e-mail id, which is jeemain[@]nic[.]in. The candidates must ensure that it is submitted until January 31, 2017. After this, no fees will be accepted by CBSE and those candidates who have failed to submit the scanned copy will not be allowed to take JEE Main 2017.
Steps to remove discrepancies in JEE Main Application Form
The process to correct all the details in the JEE Main Application Form is given below:
- To access the JEE Main Correction window, use the window below.
- Enter JEE Main Application Number, Password and Security Pin
- Click on “Login” button to edit the application form
- Check your details and make changes accordingly (if required).
- Take a print out of the JEE Main Application Form Correction slip and preserve it for further use.
Note: As it is one-time facility, no changes or correction will be allowed after the final submission.
Though the registration portal has ended. However, from below candidates can seek the JEE Main 2017 Application Form submitting process, fee structure and more details.
What’s New in JEE Main 2017 Application Form?
- Aadhaar Number is required to register for JEE Main 2017. Candidates who don’t have the Aadhaar Number may enter the Aadhaar Enrolment Number if they have just registered for the same. Candidates who are unable to access an Aadhaar, may approach the facilitation centres may which will allocate a Registration Number for applying. Candidates from Meghalaya, Assam or J&K may enter their passport number, Bank account no, ration card no or any other valid Govt No.
- PIO and OCI candidates may enter their Passport Number
- Candidates do not need to upload their thumb impression.
- The fee can also be submitted via SBI Buddy Wallet and Cash Cards
- E-challan of only Syndicate/Canara/ICICI/HDFC Bank can be used to pay the fee.
Any Queries Regarding the Application Process? Check the FAQS on JEE Main 2017 Application Form
Important points to note before applying for the JEE Main 2017 application form:
- The applicants are advised to check their eligibility before filling up the application form.
- The applicants can approach the facilitation centres set up by the board for any assistance. The assistance is provided for free. The list of facilitation centre can be found in the Information Bulletin or in the official website of JEE Main.
- Candidates can submit only one application form. Submission of more than one Application Form will invalidate the candidature.
- After filling up the required information, the candidates are advised to check the details provided by them in the application form. No changes can be made after the fee payment. However, the board allows the candidates to alter the submitted details but only for few particulars.
- JEE Main 2017 Exam Centre and State Code of Eligibility
- Having difficulty in filling the form? Check How to Fill JEE Main Application Form 2017 Here
- JEE Main 2017 Admit Card
- Interested in medical entrance as well? Click Here for NEET 2017 Application Form
Prerequisite for JEE Main 2017 Application form
- Aadhar Card. Click here to know all details
- A valid email ID and phone no.
- Candidates should be ready with his/her scanned b/w passport sized photograph, signature
- The photograph must contain the name of the candidate and the date.
- Candidates should carry documents of their qualifying examination.
- Candidates should be ready with Debit/ credit card, e-Challan details for payment of fees.
- Candidates should possess a valid password to use in the registration process.
- Choose a security question and answers which can be easily remembered.
Instruction for Scanned images and password
The instruction for scanned images and password while applying for the Application Form of JEE Main 2017 is provided in the table below:
|Particulars||File Format||File Size||Dimension|
|Photograph of Candidate||JPG/JPEG Format||4-40KB||3.5cm x 4.5cm|
|Signature of Candidate||JPG/JPEG Format||1-30KB||3.5cm x 1.5cm|
Procedure for the JEE Main 2017 Application Form
The registration for the application form can be completed in 4 simple stages. The step by step procedure has been mentioned below with complete details.
Step- 1. Registration: Click on the link provided above and submit the details below:
- Nationality (Indian/OCI/PIO/Foreign)
- State of Eligibility: The state from where the applicants appeared for their higher secondary examination or equivalent qualifying examination.
- State where Class 12th School / NIOS Study Center Located (If from Assam, Meghalaya or J&K)
- Select Identification Type (Aadhaar Number, Aadhaar Enrolment Number, Registration number issued by facilitation centre but candidates from Assam, Meghalaya, and J&K or non-Indian nationals can also submit Bank Account Number, Ration Card Number, Passport Number, or any other valid ID detail)
Important: The Aadhaar Number should be entered without any spaces.
- Candidate’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Security pin as shown on the computer screen.
After entering all the details click on the “Submit” button. It will take you forward to the next stage of the registration process.
Step- 2. Online application filling
After registration, the candidates will have to submit the following details
Exam Related Details:
- Apply For (JEE Main Paper I or II or both Paper I and II)
- Mode of Examination (Offline/Online)
- Choice of Exam Centre (4 choices)
- Question Paper Medium (Hindi or English)
- Candidate’s Name (will be filled already)
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- State of Eligibility (will be filled already)
- Category (SC, ST, Gen, OBC-NCL)
- PWD (Yes or No)
- Date of Birth (will be filled already)
- Gender (will be filled already)
- In case of Girl candidate, Are you only child of your parents?
- Place of Residence
- Aadhaar Number
- Year of Passing Class 10th or its Equivalent
- School Board of Class 12th/Qualifying Examination
- Name of the Qualifying Examination passed/appearing
- Place of class 12th / Qualifying Examination Schooling
- Year of Passing or Appearing Class 12th/Qualifying Exam
- Type of Institution of Class 12th/Qualifying Examination
- Percentage of Marks in Class 12th/Qualifying Examination
- Roll Number of Class 12th/Qualifying Examination (if provided)
- ppeared/Appearing for Improvement of Class 12th/Qualifying Examination in all the 4/5 subjects as per the scheme of studies of the board
- Enter Roll Number of Class 12th/Qualifying Examination of Improvement Examination (If provided)
- Mode of Preparation
- Name of the School / College from where passed/appearing
- Address of the School / College from where passed/appearing
Mailing Address Details:
- Pin Code
- Email Address
- Mobile Number
- Land Line No. with STD code or any other Contact No (With STD Code)
- Father’s/Guardian’s – Qualification, Occupation, Annual Income
- Mother’s – Qualification, Occupation, Annual Income
- Choose your Password (in the above mentioned specification)
- Confirm Password
- Security Question
- Security Answer
- Enter security pin (it is case sensitive)
- Security Pin
Once all the details will be filled, candidates will have to click on the ‘Next’ button to move ahead. However, if submitted details are incorrect then the candidates may opt for the ‘Reset’ button.
Important Note: The JEE Main 2017 Application Number will be allocated after this step
Step- 3. Uploading scanned images/ documents:
In this stage, the applicants will be required to upload the scanned images of their photograph and signature in the prescribed format mentioned above.
Step- 4. Payment of Application fee
The applicants have to pay the application fee in order to validate the JEE Main 2017 Application form. The examination fee is payable via SBI Buddy Wallet, Cash Card Credit/Debit card or by depositing fee in cash through e-challan in the Syndicate/ICICI/HDFC/Canara bank. After the successful payment of the examination fee an acknowledgement slip will be generated. The aspirants should assure to withhold the printout of the same.
Print out of Acknowledgement Page: First the candidates need to check the status of Application Fee Payment in the link provided on this page. If the status is OK then the Acknowledgement Page can be printed. But if it is not OK then the candidates need to follow the points given below
- Payment made through Debit/Credit cards might have been cancelled and thus they will get back the amount within 7-10 days. Such candidates need to pay the fees again and make sure that their status is shown OK.
- Those candidates who made payment through E-Challan by depositing the amount in the above-mentioned banks must immediately contact the concerned banks to update their payment status.
However, it should be noted that the JEE Main 2017 Acknowledgement Page can be downloaded from January 24, 2017. The Acknowledgement slip is not required to be sent to JEE Main Secretariat. However, the candidates are required to take print out of Acknowledgement slip and keep it for reference.
JEE Main 2017 Examination fee is listed below:
The examination fee (In Indian Rupees) mentioned in the list below is per the Examination fee structure from the official JEE Main 2016 Information Bulletin. Changes will be made after the release of the JEE Main Information.
JEE Main 2017 Examination fee: Click Here to Calculate your Fee
|JEE Main 2017 Papers||Offline Exam||Online Exam|
|If Opting Centres in India|
|Paper I OR II||1000||500||500||250|
|Paper I and II||1800||900||1300||650|
|If Opting for Centres Outside India|
|Paper I or II||2500||1250||2500||1250|
|Paper I and II||3800||1900||3800||1900|
Note: Candidates paying through Debit/ Credit card will need to pay an additional processing charge.
Credit Card: 1.20% of the examination fee plus the service tax as applicable.
Debit Card: 0.75% + taxes for examination fee up to Rs. 2000 and 1% + taxes for examination fee more than Rs.2000.
SBI Buddy Wallet: Rs.20/- per transaction plus the service tax
Paytm: 1.50% of the examination fee plus the service tax
Additional information on JEE Main 2017 Application Form
How to recover JEE Main application no. or password?
In order to download the admit card or check the results, the candidates will be required to login with the application no. and password generated by the system. Therefore, the applicants are advised to secure both properly. However, if a candidate is unable to login, the following steps should be followed to recover the application no. or the password.
In the login page, click on, “I can’t access my account?” button. Then, choose either “I forgot my application no.” or “I forgot my password” and click on continue button.
To recover Password
Candidates will require answering the security question or using the verification code/reset link send at the respective registered e-mail id or mobile number.
To recover Application Number
Candidates will have to submit their name, mother’s name, father’s name, birth date, the state of eligibility and security code.
FAQ’s Related to JEE Main 2017 Application Form
Some of the doubts and questions released to Application Form of JEE Main 2017, have been discussed below:
Q. Can I submit JEE Main application form if I do not have an Aadhaar Card?
A. No, you cannot. Aadhaar Number has to be submitted in the application form. However, the students of Assam, Meghalaya, and Jammu & Kashmir are exempted from submitting the Number. They will be required to submit their Passport Number/Bank Account Number/Ration Card Number/Voter Card Number etc.
Q. The facilitation centre in my area does not have the facility for enrollment of Aadhar Card. What should I do now?
A. In this case, the candidates can visit any of the facilitation centres established by CBSE. The centres will provide registration number to the students and it can be used while submitting the form, in place of Aadhar Number.
Q. Can I submit JEE Main 2017 application form offline?
A. No, the application form is only released online and the candidates cannot submit it via any other medium.
Q. I have already applied for Aadhar Card but it has not been issued yet. What should I do?
A. In such case, candidates may use their 28 digit Aadhaar Enrollment ID, as printed on the Aadhaar enrollment slip, as the Aadhaar Number.