JEE Main 2017 online exam analysis: Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) conducts JEE Main 2017 online exam on April 8 and 9. According to officials, around 1.89 lakh candidates has opted the computer based mode for appearing in JEE Main 2017. The online exam held at various testing centres across India. Majority of candidates who appeared in JEE Main 2017 online exam said that overall paper was of moderate. The questions from Physics and Chemistry were comparatively easier than Mathematics. Students who appeared in JEE Main for second time has said that overall paper was comparatively easier than the last year.
Amit Kumar who appeared in JEE Main 2017 in online exam on April 8 from Delhi found the exam was moderate in terms of difficulty level. The questions were concept based and syllabus prescribed. He said, “The exam was good and hope to secure good marks. The Physics section was the easiest, followed by Chemistry and Mathematics. I am happy with my performance as Chemistry section was also easier”.
The online question booklet of JEE Main Paper has a total of 90 questions from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics section. Each section had 30 multiple choice questions. As per the marking scheme, for each correct response candidates will score 4 marks and 1 mark to be deducted for each incorrect answer. The marks of the candidates will be calculated as per the number of correct and incorrect response out of total marks 360.
JEE Main 2017 online exam analysis – based on student inputs
- JEE Main 2017 computer based test was moderate in terms of difficulty
- Difficulty level of JEE Main 2017 online mode – Physics and Chemistry was easy whereas Mathematics was lengthy and some question were tricky. The overall difficulty level of questions in online exam was similar to pen and paper based JEE Main 2017 exam held on April 02, 2017
- The Mathematics section had questions from Theory of equations, Circles and Family of Circles, Inverse Trigonometric Functions, Sequence and Series, Probability and Statistics, Vector Algebra, Parabola and Trigonometric Ratios, Integration, Ap 3-D Geometry, Complex Numbers, Logarithms, set relations and functions, Quadratic Equations, Differentiation
- The important topics in the Chemistry section included Redox reactions, Chemical Bonding & the periodic table, Mole Concept & the concept of equivalents, Solid state, Carbonyl Compounds & their derivatives, solutions & gases theory, Thermochemistry and the Second Law of Thermodynamics
- Most of the questions were straight forward and based on concepts. These questions were formulae and concept based which took not much time while deriving answers
- All the sections had some tricky questions which puzzled candidates while solving. These questions were time consuming and based on implication of concepts and formulae
- In Physics paper, overall questions were easier and straight as compared to previous year.
- More than 90% of questions were based on syllabus as prescribed by the CBSE for JEE Main
- As per few candidates, the Mathematics section was good with some tricky question that involved lengthy calculation process. For many candidates, Mathematics section was difficult because they attempted the tricky question in spite of attempting easier one
- The online booklet of JEE Main has one or two questions from each chapter and topics of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- Overall, JEE Main 2017 was conducted in online mode without any glitches. Candidates didn’t find any problem while solving the questions
JEE Main 2017 Good Attempt
For calculating the estimated score candidates can use JEE Main 2017 answer key. After appearing for the exam, the candidates will be very curious to know the overall and subject wise good attempt, which can lead to get a good score in the entrance test. The good attempt means marking certain number of answers correctly and obtaining a safe score.
After the completion of the examination, various coaching institutes may release JEE Main online answer key 2017. Coaching institutes prepare the answer key of JEE Main 2017 of online exam based on the memory and feedback collected from candidates. These answers are based on memory and assumptions which may vary from the original questions asked in the exam.
With the help of the answer key candidates can calculate their JEE Main score and know their chances for admission to the NITs, IIITs and GFTIs or for appearing in JEE Advanced. The official answer of JEE Main 2017 will be released by CBSE on April 18, 2017.
Based on JEE Main 2017 paper analysis, the expected JEE Main 2017 cutoff is given in the table below. The candidates will be able to evaluate their performance in exam and know their chances to qualify from the JEE Main 2017 Expected Cutoff. As per the experts, the overall exam was moderate level so cut off likely to be higher side. Last year, the JEE Main cut off score of General category was 100, while for OBC it was 70.
JEE Main 2017 Expected Cutoff
|S.No||Category||JEE Main 2017 Expected Cutoff|
|1.||General||100 (+ or – 10)|
|2.||OBC-NCL||70 (+ or – 5)|
|3.||ST||50 (+ or – 5)|
|4.||SC||50 (+ or – 5)|
The JEE Main was conducted in both offline as well as in online mode. The paper based JEE main 2017 exam was held on April 2 and online exam on April 8 & 9. The JEE main 2017 exam will be the basis for selection of top 220000 candidates for JEE Advanced and for preparing the merit list for admission to NITs, IIITs, and GFITs.JEE Main 2017 All India rank will be basis for admission to nearly 24,000 undergraduate engineering seats in 31 NITs, 20 IIITs and 18 GFITs. Also, based on JEE Main 2017 result, the top 220000 candidates will be qualified for appearing in JEE Advanced scheduled to be held on May 21 for admission to around 11000 B.Tech seats in 23 IITs.
Keep visiting engg.entrancecorner.com and be the first to know all the latest news and updates on JEE Main 2017.