JEE Main 2017 Mock Test – All the JEE Aspirants who are appearing for Computer Based Test must practice from the Mock Test of JEE Main that has been made available by CBSE. JEE Main 2017 online test will be conducted on April 8 & 9, 2017. All the candidates must regularly take the JEE Main 2017 Mock Test to get the knowledge of the entrance examination. The Mock Test is beneficial, as the candidates will be familiar with the procedure of the ‘Computer Based Test’ and also they will get an overview of the actual question pattern of JEE Main 2017. Candidates can also improve the speed and accuracy of attempting all the question while taking the test and also find where they lacking. The duration of the test is 180 minutes and the total number of questions are 30 for each subject. We have provided in the article all the relevant guidelines and step by step procedure to take JEE Main 2017 Mock Test.
Candidates must note that the JEE Main Registration procedure has ended on January 17, 2017. However, the Admit Card of JEE Main 2017 is available online from March 14, 2017.
Aspirants are advised to check the Mock Test of JEE Main 2017 which is similar to that of the Computer Based Test of JEE Main 2017. Candidates may note that the JEE Main 2017 Mock Test is available in English and Hindi as per the candidate’s choice of language. This is the first time this has been introduced in the mock test for JEE Main. In addition, the mock test in an attempt to simulate the actual exam has the similar number of questions as well as a timer. Important to note is that the scores will not be calculated for the Mock test of JEE Main.
JEE Main 2017 Mock Test login window:
How to take the Mock Test of JEE Main 2017?
- Click on the “Sign In” button on the window provided above.
- Read the exam guidelines carefully.
- Choose your desired language by clicking on the tab displayed on the top right corner and click on the “Next” button.
- Read the “Exam Specific instruction” displayed on the screen, choose your default language and click on the declaration box displayed below on the screen.
- Click on “I am ready to begin”.
Important Instructions for JEE Main 2017 Mock Test:
- Candidates can take the mock test either in English or Hindi. This indicates that the Question Paper of JEE Main 2017 will not be provided in the Gujarati language unlike earlier years when Gujarat was a part of the system and Gujarati was allowed for students from Gujarat as well as Dadar Nagar Haveli.
- Before taking the test, candidates have to choose the default language (English/Hindi) and check the declaration box displayed below on the instruction page.
- The questions and instructions will be displayed in the chosen default language. The candidates can change the default language at any given point in the exam.
- Candidates must read the instructions carefully by clicking on the Instruction symbol given on the top right corner of the screen before taking the test.
- There will be 90 questions in total (30 for each subject) and the candidates will be given 180 minutes to attempt all the questions.
- The clock will be set at the server. The countdown timer will be displayed in the top right corner of the screen.
- The timer will display the remaining time available for the candidates to attempt all the questions. The examination will end by itself once the timer reaches zero. Candidates will not be required to submit or end their exam.
- The question paper will consist of three sections: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Each section will consist of 30 questions.
- For each question, there will be only one correct answer.
- For every correct answer, four marks will be awarded.
- ¼ (one-fourth) marks i.e. one mark will be deducted for incorrect answer.
- There will be no deduction of marks for un-attempted questions.
How to navigate through the different sections?
- The three sections namely Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics will be displayed on the top of the screen.
- Candidates can navigate through the sections by clicking on the bar displaying the name of the desired section.
- Candidates also will have the choice to change the default language
How to navigate and answer a question?
There will be a question palette displayed on the right side of the screen. There will be five different symbols with numbers written on it which will show the status of each question. The numbers along with the status indicated are mentioned in the table below:
|Colour Palette used in Mock Test||Status of questions|
|Answered. The green coloured box will denote the question that has been answered.|
|Not Answered. This denotes the questions that have not been checked but not answered by candidates|
|This colour denotes that the question has not been checked or visited even once by the candidates|
|This coloured symbol denotes that the questions have been Marked for Review|
|This one means that candidates have answered the questions but Marked for Review as they feel unsure of their answers and may recheck again later.|
- The “Mark for Review” button is to remind the candidates to review the question again.
If the answer is marked for review, the answer to that question will be taken into consideration for evaluation.
- The question numbers will be displayed in the question palette. Candidates can go directly to a particular question by clicking on the question number.
- If the candidates want to change their answer they can do it simply by clicking on the desired option or click on the “Clear Response” button displayed at the bottom of the screen.
- After the question is answered, click on “Save and Next”. The answer will be saved and candidates can proceed to the next question.
- Candidates can also click on “Mark for Review & Next”. It will save the answer for the current question and mark it for review.
- The “Question Paper” button on the top right corner will display all the 30 questions. However, the options for the multiple choice type questions will not be shown.
Note: After choosing an option, If candidates navigate directly to another question by clicking on the question no. the answer to the current question will not be saved.
Instruction to check the Candidate’s own profile:
By clicking on the profile button displayed on the upper right side of the screen, candidates can check their details specified in the profile. It will display the name, roll no. , date of birth, email id and contact no. of the candidate.
Why is JEE Main 2017 Mock Test Important?
- Candidates will get acquainted with the complexity of the Computer Based Test (CBT) of JEE Main 2017.
- Candidates will be able to figure out their level of preparation and work on their weaknesses.
- Practising Mock Test of JEE Main 2017 will help the candidates to enhance their skills on time management.
- It will boost up the confidence level of the candidates.