CBSE has activated the facility to correct any discrepancies in images scanned and uploaded by candidates in the JEE Main 2017 Application Form. The facility was started on December 10, 2017. Candidates can correct any discrepancies in the photograph or signature that they have uploaded while filling the online application form for JEE Main. Candidates will have to log in using their JEE Main Application Number and Password to correct and remove any discrepancies in the images they have uploaded. Check the details below of what has to be corrected and how the discrepancies in the photograph and signature can be removed.
It should be noted that JEE Main 2017 will be held on April 02, 08, and 09, 2017. The candidates will require admit card to take the exam. However, it will only be issued if the candidates will submit the application form correctly. So, without further make the required corrections.
How to remove the discrepancies in JEE Main Photo and Signature
- Log in using the JEE Main 2017 Application No
- Enter Password chosen while filling the application form.
- If there is a discrepancy in the scanned images you have uploaded, you will be notified on the corrective action to be taken after you log in.
- Take the correct images in the specifications mentioned below, scan and upload the images again.
- Submit the same. You will be notified of the same
What are the correct specifications for the Photograph and Signature for the JEE Main 2017 Application Form?
|Particulars||File Format||File Size||Dimension|
|Photograph with name of candidate and date of birth below||JPG/JPEG||4 – 40KB||3.5cm x 4.5cm|
|Signature in black or blue pen||JPG/JPEG||1 – 30KB||3.5cm x 1.5cm|
Important Guidelines for the Photograph are:
- Candidates must not forget to scan the photograph with their name and date of birth mentioned below it.
- The photograph must be in colour.
- They must ensure that there is no red eye or glare while taking a photo with their glasses or spectacles. They can take a photograph without the glasses too
- Mobile pictures are not allowed
- The face must be clearly visible.
- Candidates must avoid using photos with sunglasses
- Polaroid photographs are not allowed.
Important Guidelines for the Signature are:
- Sign on a blank piece of A4 size paper in blue or black ink.
- Do not use capital letters while putting the signature
- Signature must be clearly legible.
The JEE Main 2017 Application Form is available online from December 1, 2016. The last date to fill the JEE Main 2017 application is January 2, 2017. The correction of details in the JEE Application Form will be available one week after January 2, 2017.
Candidates may note that the Aadhaar Card is important for all Indian applicants and they can only fill the application if they have an Aadhaar No. Candidates who have applied for an Aadhaar Card and have not received it must use their Aadhaar Enrolment No (28 digits). Candidates can use the CBSE facilitation centres to apply for the Aadhaar Card. If the facility is not available there, they can submit a request and use the Registration No issued for the request. Check the details here
Candidates belonging to Assam, Meghalaya and Jammu & Kashmir must apply using their Passport No, Bank Account No, Ration Card No or any valid Govt ID No.
Keep tuned to engg.entrancecorner.com for all updates on JEE Main 2017