JEE Advanced 2017: IIT Madras has launched the official website for JEE Advanced 2017. The examination will be held on May 21, 2017, and 2,20,000 more JEE Main qualifiers will be allowed appear for it. Interested candidates required to ensure eligibility and then apply for the exam. The registration procedure will begin from April 28 and the last date to submit the form will be May 02, 2017. The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Advanced is conducted under the guidance of Joint Admission Board (JAB) by one of the core IITs. This year, IIT Madras has been given the responsibility. The examination is held for the admission of qualifiers in IITs (including ISM Dhanbad). However, various other institutes also consider the exam score, to fill seats in UG engineering courses. Also called as IIT-JEE, it consists of Paper I and Paper II and both are held in offline mode. Read the article below to check What’s New, Important Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Application Forms, Syllabus etc of JEE Advanced 2017.
What’s New in JEE Advanced 2017
- The number of JEE Main qualifiers, who can appear for the examination, has been increased from 2 lakh to 2,20,000.
- The aggregate cutoff marks for SC/ST, in the qualifying examination, has been reduced to 65% from 70%.
- OBC-NCL certificates issued after April 1 will be considered valid for JEE Advanced 2017.
- Interactive features, like video calling, SMS services, etc, to assist candidates with application form filling, fee payment, admit card issuance and more processes will be introduced.
- The Fee Structure of Application Form of JEE Advanced 2017 has undergone change for every candidate. There has been a hike in the application fee. Candidates can check the revised structure of application fee below on this page.
- Candidates can add another mobile phone number in addition to the number/s submitted at the time of JEE Main 2017 Registration.
- This year, for the convenient of the candidates, the Result of JEE Advanced will be sent via SMS. Therefore, candidates must provide valid numbers to utilize this benefit.
Salient features of JEE Advanced 2017
- Through JEE Advanced 2017, IITs and ISM will offer admission into undergraduate courses in Engineering, Architecture, Science, or Pharmaceutics.
- To apply for JEE advanced 2017, candidates have to register and fill up the Application form online.
- The Examination consists of two Papers: Paper I and Paper II and both the papers are compulsory.
- All the candidates, Indian as well as foreign nationals must fulfill the eligibility criteria to appear in the examination.
- The JEE Advanced 2017 Admit Card will be available online for download. Candidates must download and print the admit card.
- The Result of JEE Advanced 2017 will be declared online. Candidates will need to login to check the result and the rank obtained.
- Only Candidates appearing both in Paper I and Paper II will be considered for ranking.
- The Seat Allocation Process will solely be based on the JEE Advanced 2017 All India Rank.
- The Counselling and Seat Allotment will be conducted by the Joint Allocation Authority (JoSAA).
The Participating Institutes of JEE Advanced 2017 comprises of Zonal wise 23 IITs and 11 other Institutes. The name of the Institutes along with the state is given in the table below:
JEE Advanced 2017 Participating IITs
|S no.||Zone||Indian Institute of Information Technology (IITs)|
|1||Central Zone||Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur|
|Indian Institute of Technology Indore|
|Indian Institute of Technology Bhilai|
|Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University)|
|2||East Zone||Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur|
|Indian Institute of Technology (ISM) Dhanbad|
|Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar|
|3||North- Central Zone||Indian Institute of Technology Delhi|
|Indian Institute of Technology Jammu|
|Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur|
|4||North- East Zone||Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati|
|Indian Institute of Technology Patna|
|5||North Zone||Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee|
|Indian Institute of Technology Mandi|
|Indian Institute of Technology Ropar|
|6||South Zone||Indian Institute of Technology Madras|
|Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad|
|Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad|
|Indian Institute of Technology Tirupati|
|7||West Zone||Indian Institute of Technology Bombay|
|Indian Institute of Technology Dharwad|
|Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar|
|Indian Institute of Technology Goa|
Other Institutes which considers JEE Advanced 2017 Scores:
|S no.||Institutes other than IITs|
|1||Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs), Bhopal|
|2||Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs), Mohali|
|3||Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs), Kolkata|
|4||Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs), Thiruvananthapuram|
|5||Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs), Pune|
|6||Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs), Berhampur|
|7||Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs), Tirupati|
|8||Indian School of Mines Dhanbad|
|9||Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT), Rae Bareli|
|10||Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (IISc)|
|11||Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), Thiruvananthapuram|
Before applying for the JEE Advanced 2017, all the candidates including foreign nationals, must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria set by the concerned authority for JEE Advanced 2017. The eligibility criteria comprises of features such as age, education nationality. The Eligibility Criteria of JEE advanced 2017 is given below:
|Performance in JEE Main 2017||Candidates must be among the top 2,20,000 (inclusive of all the categories)in JEE Main 2017. The percentage required for each category is different.|
|Age Limit||Candidates born on or after October 1, 1992, are eligible to appear for the examination. For SC, ST and PwD candidates should have been born on or after October 1, 1987 as they are given five years relaxation.|
|No. of Attempts||A Candidate can avail a maximum of 2 consecutive attempts for JEE Advanced.|
|Academic||Candidates should have appeared for class 12 boards or equivalent exam with all the subjects, for the first time in either 2016 or 2017. Candidates, who wish to re appear for improvement or for failing in one or more subjects, will have to re appear in all the subjects in 2017.|
|Earlier admissions in IITs/ISM||Candidates who have paid seat acceptance fee but did not report at the reporting centre during the seat allocation process in 2016 can apply for JEE Advanced 2017. Candidates who have been admitted to a preparatory course in any of the IITs for the first time in 2016 are also eligible. Candidates who have been admitted in an IIT/ISM in the past are not eligible to apply for JEE Advanced 2017. Also, candidates who have accepted the IIT/ISM seat by reporting at a reporting centre in the past or whose admission at IITs or ISM was cancelled are not eligible.|
It is important for the aspirants to keep track of all the important dates to know about the order of events and to avoid missing any important event. Here, we have provided with all the important dates of the major events so that aspirants are well prepared. Check all the major dates in the table given below:
|S no.||Event||Important Dates|
|1||Registration for JEE Advanced 2017||April 28, 2017, 10 AM to May 02, 2017, 05 PM|
|2||Registration with late fee||May 03, 2017 to May 04,2017|
Admit card available for downloading
May 10, 2017, 10 AM to
JEE Advanced 2017
May 21, 2017
09:00 am – 12:00 noon
(A) Online display of ORS and scanned responses
|May 31, 2017 10 AM to
July 03, 2017, 05 PM
|6||Online display of answer keys||June 04, 2017, 10 AM|
|7||Feedback and comments on answer keys from the candidates||June 04, 2017, 10 AM to
June 06, 2017, 05 PM
|8||Online declaration of results||June 11, 2017, 10 AM|
|9||Online registration for Architecture Aptitude Test||June 11, 2017, 10 AM to
June 12, 2017, 05 PM
|10||Architecture Aptitude Test||June 14, 2017, 09 AM – 12 Noon|
|11||Declaration of results of AAT||June 18, 2017|
|12||Seat Allotment (Tentative)||June 19, 2017 to July 18, 2017|
Candidates need to register online for appearing in JEE Advanced 2017. Registration can be done only through online mode. Candidates can check the procedure to fill up the Application form and other important details below.
- Candidates need to register online at first by creating a username and password to log in.
- After logging in, candidates need to provide their basic details. Candidates have to choose their medium of paper, examination cities etc.
- Upload the scanned copies of all the required documents.
- Pay the registration fees.
The registration fee for JEE Advanced 2017 is given in the table below:
|Centres Opted in India||Application Fee|
|Female Candidates||INR 1200|
|SC, ST, PwD Candidates||INR 1200|
|All other Candidates||INR 2400|
|Late Fee||INR 500|
|Centres Outside India (SAARC Countries|
|All Candidates||USD 135|
|Late Fee||USD 80|
|Centres Outside India (Non- SAARC Countries)|
|All Candidates||USD 270|
|Late Fee||USD 80|
Documents required for JEE Advanced 2017 Application Form
- Class X certificate or birth certificate.
- Class XII (or equivalent examination) certificate.
- Categorical Certificates for candidates belonging to the reserved categories.
Note: The registration fee shown above does not include service charges, processing fees and any other charges that the banks may charge.
The JEE Advanced 2017 will be held in selected cities and towns in India and abroad. Candidates, except those who choose Dubai as the examination centre have to choose three cities or towns at the time of online registration.
The Exam Centres are divided into Seven IIT Zones. The name of the IIT Zones along with the name of states, and total no. of centres are given in the table below:
|IIT Zones||States||Total no. of Centres in each State|
|IIT Bombay||1. Goa||1|
|IIT Delhi||1. Delhi.||5|
|3. Jammu & Kashmir.||1|
|4. Madhya Pradesh.||1|
|6. Uttar Pradesh.||2|
|IIT Guwahati||1. Arunachal Pradesh||1|
|6. West Bengal||1|
|IIT Kanpur||1. Madhya Pradesh.||3|
|3. Uttar Pradesh||6|
|IIT Kharagpur||1. Andaman & Nicobar Islands.||1|
|2. Andhra Pradesh||1|
|8. West Bengal||7|
|IIT Madras||1. Andhra Pradesh||3|
|6. Tamil Nadu||3|
|IIT Roorkee||1. Chandigarh||1|
|3. Himachal Pradesh||2|
|6. Uttar Pradesh||6|
Candidates who successfully registered for JEE Advanced 2017 can download the admit card. The candidates have to login to get access and download the same. The Admit Card is expected to be made available from 2nd week of May, 2017. The admit card will only be available online. Candidates must verify all the details mentioned in the admit card. The candidates must carry the admit card to the examination hall. They have to produce it at the time of examination. Candidates will be provided with the original admit card during the examination of Paper 1 of JEE Advanced, 2017.
Details Printed in the JEE Advanced 2017 Admit Card:
- Candidate’s name.
- Roll no.
- Date of Birth.
- Address for Correspondence.
- Centre of Examination
- Medium of language of the question paper
- Photograph and signature of the candidate.
- Important guidelines.
The syllabus for JEE Advanced 2017 is prescribed by the concerned authorities. The syllabus prescribed will cover topics from Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. The Candidates must thoroughly go through the syllabus to be well furnished of the important topics they need to cover for the examination. To check the complete syllabus of JEE Advanced 2017 ‘click here’.
|No. of Papers||2- Paper I and Paper II|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Medium of Paper||English and Hindi|
|Total no. Of sections||3- Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics|
|Type of questions||Multiple choice and numerical answer type.|
|Marking scheme||For some of the questions, negative marks will be awarded for wrong answers.|
Note: Candidates have to choose the medium of question paper while filling up the Application Form of JEE Advanced 2017. The language of question paper cannot be changed later.
JEE Advanced 2017 Optical Response Sheet:
- Candidates will be provided with Optical Response Sheet (ORS) to record their answers.
- The answers should be marked on the first page of the ORS by darkening the bubble or bubbles.
- Candidates must use Black ball point pen to mark their responses in the answer sheet.
Sample Paper of JEE Advanced 2017 is similar to the question paper of the actual examination. Regular practice of sample papers will prove beneficial to the candidates in various ways. It will help the candidats to get a prior experience of the actual examination. Sample papers are an important tool to understand the type of questions, division of marks and get an idea about the pattern of the examination. Candidates will be able to figure their strength and weakness, improve their time management skills and prepare better for the examination. Candidates are advised to check and download the sample papers and practice it regularly to prepare better and excel in the examination.
JEE Advanced 2017 Result
- The result will be declared tentatively in the month of June, 2017.
- The result will be declared online.
- The candidates have to login to view their result.
- The result will display the score and All India Rank of the candidates.
JEE Advanced 2017 Rank List
- After the result of JEE Advanced 2017 is declared, the category- wise All India Ranks (AIR) will be made available online.
- For ranking, only the candidates appearing in both Paper I and Paper II will be considered.
- For all the three subjects, i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, the marks of both Paper I and Paper II will be added together to finalize the marks obtained in the respective subjects by the candidates in JEE Advanced 2017.
- The aggregate marks will be the sum total of the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- The aggregate marks obtained by the candidates will be considered to prepare the Rank list.
For SC, ST candidates and PwD candidates (of all categories) who satisfy the relaxed criteria set by the concerned authorities, rank lists for preparatory courses will be prepared.
- A candidate who qualifies in more than one category will be ranked in all the categories to which he/she belongs to.
- Candidates must score the minimum prescribed marks in each subject and in aggregate to secure a place in the rank list. For each category, the minimum prescribed marks varies.
- There will be no waiting list for ranking.
Tie Breaking Resolution in JEE Advanced 2017
If two or more students obtain equal marks, the ranks of the candidates will be decided in the following order:
- The candidate who obtains higher marks in Mathematics will be assigned higher rank.
- If there is still a tie, the candidate who obtains higher marks in Physics will be assigned higher rank.
- If the resolution is not possible even after applying the criterion mentioned above, candidates will be assigned the same rank.
JEE Advanced 2017 Cutoff
The JEE Advanced 2017 cutoff is the minimum score that the candidates have to secure to be eligible for taking admission in various Participating Institutes of JEE Advanced 2017. The Cutoff will be available after the Result of JEE Advanced 2017 is announced.
Minimum Percentage of Marks Prescribed for Inclusion in the Rank List
|Rank List||Minimum Percentage of Marks in each Subject||Minimum Percentage of Aggregate Marks|
|Common Rank List||10.0||35.0|
|OBC-NCL Rank List||9.0||31.5|
|SC Rank List||5.0||17.5|
|ST Rank List||5.0||17.5|
|Common PwD rank List||5.0||17.5|
|OBC-NCL-PwD Rank List||5.0||17.5|
|SC-PwD Rank List||5.0||17.5|
|ST-PwD Rank List||5.0||17.5|
|Preparatory Course Rank list||2.5||8.75|
Performance in Class XII (or equivalent) Examination
Candidates must satisfy at least one of the given criteria mentioned below for admission in IITs and other Institutes:
- Candidates must secure at least 75% aggregate marks in the class XII (or equivalent) Board examination. For SC, ST and PwD candidates the aggregate marks is 70%.
- Candidates must be within the category-wise top 20 percentile of successful candidates in their respective Class XII (or equivalent) board examination.
JEE Advanced 2017 Counselling and Seat Allotment
The Joint Seat allocation Authority (JoSAA) regulates the Counselling and Seat Allotment for admissions in 22 IITs and 9 other Institutes. The seat Allotment is expected to be held from the 3rd week of June, 2017. All the eligible candidates for admission have to participate in the Seat Allocation Process by filling in their choices of the courses online.
Official Website: http://www.jeeadv.ac.in/
Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
Phone: +91 44 22578220
Fax: +91 44 22578224