JEE Advanced 2017 Seat Allotment – The seats will be allocated to the candidates during counselling sessions, which will commence tentatively from June 19 to July 18, 2017. The counselling session will be conducted by JoSAA for the admission of qualifiers into the numerous undergraduate engineering courses offered by IITs and ISM, Dhanbad. After the online Seat Allotment of JEE Advanced 2017, candidates will have to report to the allotted colleges to confirm the seats. Only the top 2,20,000 candidates who have qualified the JEE Main 2017 will be eligible to appear for JEE Advanced. Read the article below for the procedure of JEE Advanced 2017 Seat Allotment.
Steps for JEE Advanced 2017 Seat Allotment
- In order to avail a seat in the counselling process, the candidates have to log in from the link provided here. The link will be provided here later.
- To log in, enter the Registration Number, JEE Advanced 2017 Roll Number and enter the Password.
- The Seat Allotment will be done in six rounds of counselling.
- During the first round of seat allotment, candidates with higher ranks will be allocated seats.
- After the first seat allotment process, the unfilled OBC-NCL category seats will be converted as Open category Seats for allocation in every round of seat allocation. However, unfilled SC and ST category seats will not be converted.
- The candidates will have to upgrade their seats category after the firs round of counselling.
- Candidates who will be allocated seats will have to download the Provisional Allotment Letter and an e-Challan for the payment of course fee as the confirmation of seats.
- The reserved category candidates (SC,ST,GEN-PwD, SC-PwD, ST-PwD, OBC-NCL and OBC-NCL-PwD) will have to pay Rs. 20,000/- and other categories candidates and other category candidates will have to pay Rs, 45,000/-. The fee can be paid by downloading the e-Challan or using the SBI Net Banking.
- After the allocation of seats and remittance of fees, the candidates will have to report to the allotted centre for document verification.
- Failure in reporting to the colleges will lead to cancellation of seats.
- Other than accepting the seats, candidates will have option to reject the allocated seats by not remitting the seat acceptance fees or if the fees has been paid, by not reporting to the allotted college, the fees will be refunded to such candidates.
- At the time of accepting the seat, candidates can opt to ‘Freeze’, Float, or Slide the seats.
- Freezing the seat indicate that they are satisfied with the allocated seats.
- Float means, candidates are satisfied but can accept the admission offered to the higher preference.
- Slide indicates that he/she is satisfied with seats but the seat of higher preference in the same institute will be accepted.
- If the seat is upgraded, then the candidate should accept the seat and forfeit the earlier one.
Withdrawal of JEE Advanced 2017 Seat
There is an option to withdraw the seat as well. Candidates can withdraw the seat by reporting to the allotted college before the last round of counselling. Seat remitted fee will be refunded after the deduction of Rs. 1000/-.
On JoSAA portal, fill in the Bank Account details to which the seat acceptance fee will be refunded and upload an image of the cancelled cheque of the same account in JPEG format. Then download the withdrawal request letter.
Documents required in JEE Advanced 2017 Seat Allotment
After the Seat Allotment of JEE Advanced 2017, candidates will have to report to the allotted centre for document verification process. Candidate should report in person before the scheduled date and time. Failing to report to the reporting centre will lead to disqualification of the candidate.
Reporting to the Allotted College
After JEE Advanced 2017 Seat Allotment, candidates will have to report to the admitting institute for completing the formalities of admission and get admission confirmed.
The article is based on previous year’s official notification. For latest information on JEE Advanced 2017 Seat Allotment, keep visiting, http://engg.entrancecorner.com/